View Poll Results: How Healthy is WoW's Future?

Voters
597. This poll is closed
  • WoW's Future Has Never Looked Better.

14 2.35%
  • WoW Will Be Fine. Past it's peak, but good things are coming.

110 18.43%
  • WoW's in trouble. Things need to change.

315 52.76%
  • Maintenance Mode Isn't Far Off.

158 26.47%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    lol You really can't help but to take any and every opportunity to shit over a website that you can't help but continue to frequent and actively post on.
    Is the op wrong?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Typing 'World of' into the search bar doesn't even bring up WoW in the list of suggestions, lol. It's currently sitting at 24k compared to New World's 102k but that's probably to be expected for a new game.

https://twitchtracker.com/games/18122
    New World is a brand new game, of course viewership is going to be higher. (It doesn't hurt that Asmonbald is no-lifing it currently.) WoW Classic had WoW above 1 million viewers after it launched. There's no real correlation between longterm game popularity and Twitch viewership so this is a pretty poor metric by which to compare. In 6 months I'd be surprised if New World has half of WoW's viewership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Is the op wrong?

I dunno, what do you believe? Certainly has nothing to do with the health of WoW's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    New World is a brand new game, of course viewership is going to be higher. (It doesn't hurt that Asmonbald is no-lifing it currently.) WoW Classic had WoW above 1 million viewers after it launched. There's no real correlation between longterm game popularity and Twitch viewership so this is a pretty poor metric by which to compare. In 6 months I'd be surprised if New World has half of WoW's viewership.
    Yes, this is true. In the absence of subscription numbers people tend to latch on to any other metric they can find. The figures now are no different to where they were 3 years ago according to Twitchtracker. The Diablo 2 remaster currently has more viewers than WoW. Asmongold's streams massively skew the viewing figures anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I dunno, what do you believe? Certainly has nothing to do with the health of WoW's future.
    There is correlation, Wow declining popularity , mmoc and other wow fan sites declining participation. Wow streamers moving on to other games...
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    I quite agree.

People don't want systems. They want WoW's core gameplay: dungeons, m+, mogs, raids, arenas and battlegrounds. Not all kinds of treadmill systems to boost MAU numbers.
    yep. exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Most people just want to play the game and have a good time. In the end, thats what this is - a game. Right now its a mathematical theorycrafted metaslaved to death game were you live or die on your rio/m+ score, what your class/spec is and wether or not you manage to play your class at 100% and never do one mistake at all(if you do, you suck donkeykong ass). Just look how SLs covenants, conduits and all that has been threated. People here went on meltdown cause they couldnt outright metaslave it, now you had choices. Choices that in the big picture dont really matter, cause most people really dont clear mythic raids or high m+ keys. This mindset is so weird, and Blizzard is highly to blame.

Theres a reason why WotLK was very popular and Cata got alot of critique. One was highly accesible with straightforward casual friendly gameplay were you could play with whoever and have a nice time. There were also stuff to collect that wasnt hidden behind some insane high difficulty. The other tried to be hard(catering to good players, with guild/friends), and it tanked hard. Was a huge outcry.

I understand why some people enjoy doing content on hardest difficulty, but I find it hard to believe that most people want that. Most people dont think "oh hey I gotta improve a whole lot now and get better so I can actually take part in this game". Nah, they just either quit the game or drop doing that part of the game.

I have had so many friends quitting the game because of how dungeons have changed after m+. It turned into something very different than it always had been. Dungeons in wow has never really been difficult(bar early cata), and it seems a whole lot of people was fine with it.

Yes, you can do easy mode in wow now to. But those instances drops shit gear and people dont want that, they want value of out theyre time.

The easy answer to this is "git gud lul", and if thats the only answer, then yeah go ahead and see the playerbase keep on dumping. Catering to the Esport scene(that failed, is failing and will keep on failing) and those very few that bother with high m+ keys and mythic raids, is not what Blizzard should do.
    Thats the same as i said. People dont want difficulty and easiest way to avoid it is select for better teammates as that requires little effort. Especially with tools automating selection. Thats where the pressure comes from. People being lazy and unwilling to endure any hardship. As for m+ - the predecessor is arguably mop challenge modes. Though they were more casual friendly since you didnt need to gear grind. M+ is more for outscaling content which is targeting longterm retention as you cant simply beat it in a weak having high enough player skill.

On the matter of everyone needs to get good gear - The lie is gear having any value by itself. Gear is just a gating mechanism for grind and a time sink for BiS collection. If you dont enjoy the process its a waste of time regardless what ilvl is painted on it. I know i wont convince anyone but if you dont enjoy the process you shouldn't play the game for "number goes up". Gear progression for the sake of gear progression is just a psychological trap to lock you in the game.

Not healthy atm. It looks like it's going faster downhill now after the investigation and subsequent handling of it. As is typical when ignorant people are involved, they are handling this "cleanup" in such a regressive way that one has to wonder if some right wing psy-op is behind it all. It's baffling to me how they can get away with such blatant fundie conservatism when the problem was caused by the very same thing.

Kotick and their type needs to be removed from status asap, before this take-over is worsening things even further.