Thread: Facebook down

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I'm still annoyed I had to create a Facebook account to use my Oculus. 30+ years of no facebook and then this shit.
    Of all the things and hate for big companies blah blah this is something I do agree absolutely should not happen - your hardware becomes useless in case FB bans you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wasn't stupid at all, but keep bitching its fun to watch you hem and haw over your actions.
    You couldn't even get past the fact 98% of their revenue and profits are from internet advertising. That is proof enough. Your history proves its almost always a waste of time attempting to have even a simple conversation with you.
    You spoke of advertising, which means you think Facebook and the Yellow Pages are the same.

    After all, they make money from advertising.

    Your argument.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You spoke of advertising, which means you think Facebook and the Yellow Pages are the same.

    After all, they make money from advertising.

    Your argument.
    Yellow pages sells advertise on line, i think they do. Then yes they are direct competition for internet advertising dollars.

    Its basic business 101 not tough to understand. Not sure why you keep leaving the internet part off?

    But then again that is the way you always argue and why its worthless even trying.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Yellow pages sells advertise on line, i think they do. Then yes they are direct competition for internet advertising dollars.

    Its basic business 101 not tough to understand. Not sure why you keep leaving the internet part off?

    But then again that is the way you always argue and why its worthless even trying.
    It's advertising, so clearly they are competitors. No need to add qualifiers. This is what you wanted to argue.

    No, they are not the same as Facebook.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's advertising, so clearly they are competitors. No need to add qualifiers. This is what you wanted to argue.

    No, they are not the same as Facebook.
    and there we go again.....thank you for proving me right the whole time about you and how you argue.

    "It's advertising, so clearly they are competitors. No need to add qualifiers. This is what you wanted to argue."


    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

    Its 98% internet advertising and google not only has them beat but has the same or better growth %.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    do they sell internet advertising then they would be the competition.

    umm now you are comparing internet advertising with print? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

    They are an internet company that gains almost all their revenue from on line advertising.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Again they are not the biggest in their main market, Internet advertising.

    Revenue made from internet advertising 98%....how is this not "their market".


    .

    Yah so.... sure seems like you are the one putting them in a global advertising bucket not me because that is how ridiculous you can be in your arguments.

    so keep bringing up the yellow pages.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and there we go again.....thank you for proving me right the whole time about you and how you argue.

    "It's advertising, so clearly they are competitors. No need to add qualifiers. This is what you wanted to argue."











    Yah so.... sure seems like you are the one putting them in a global advertising bucket not me because that is how ridiculous you can be in your arguments.

    so keep bringing up the yellow pages.
    As pointed out, you chose to make qualifiers, I simply removed it. You chose to lump them together, so I simolybdidnthe same.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    As pointed out, you chose to make qualifiers, I simply removed it. You chose to lump them together, so I simolybdidnthe same.
    and there we have it, where we started from the beginning and your style of arguing, moving goal post...etc etc..that makes it pointless to even bother.

    did not know stating the actual business category their revenue is in is anything other than stating the facts.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and there we have it, where we started from the beginning and your style of arguing, moving goal post...etc etc..that makes it pointless to even bother.

    did not know stating the actual business category their revenue is in is anything other than stating the facts.
    Nope, this is the argument you wanted to lay down. Advertising is their business category, so that makes them the same to you. As pointed out, that makes Facebook the same as the yellow pages in your eyes.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, this is the argument you wanted to lay down. Advertising is their business category, so that makes them the same to you. As pointed out, that makes Facebook the same as the yellow pages in your eyes.
    Nope internet advertising.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Nope internet advertising.
    But, why stop there?

    Advertising is advertising... right? After all, they only have a finite amount of money to spend on advertising, so where they spend it matters.

    As pointed out... this makes the Yellow Pages and radio stations the same as Facebook.

    Or, we can simply stop this ridiculous path of logic.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, why stop there?

    Advertising is advertising... right? After all, they only have a finite amount of money to spend on advertising, so where they spend it matters.

    As pointed out... this makes the Yellow Pages and radio stations the same as Facebook.

    Or, we can simply stop this ridiculous path of logic.
    Nope internet advertising.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Nope internet advertising.
    Why not all advertising?

    We're talking about a finite amount of discretionary spending on advertising, right? That would make billboards the same as Facebook, in your eyes.

    Or, you can finally agree that this line of reasoning is deficient, and move on.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why not all advertising?

    We're talking about a finite amount of discretionary spending on advertising, right? That would make billboards the same as Facebook, in your eyes.

    Or, you can finally agree that this line of reasoning is deficient, and move on.
    Why not all corporate spending since we want to make it as "unspecific" as possible to support your argument. there is only a finite amount of discretionary spending right? That would make everyone their competition!!!!


    Nope internet advertising.


    Let me know when you want to get back on topic
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Why not all corporate spending since we want to make it as "unspecific" as possible to support your argument. there is only a finite amount of discretionary spending right? That would make everyone their competition!!!!


    Nope internet advertising.


    Let me know when you want to get back on topic
    aod love to get back on the topic, this line of logic is bordering on the absurd. They are not the same, no matter how much you want them all to be. Social media companies lime Facebook are not the same as Groupon.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    aod love to get back on the topic, this line of logic is bordering on the absurd. They are not the same, no matter how much you want them all to be. Social media companies lime Facebook are not the same as Groupon.
    Nope internet advertising.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Nope internet advertising.
    Which, Groupon is.

    They get commissions based on their advertising

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Which, Groupon is.

    They get commissions based on their advertising
    No, based on use, not advertising. They only get paid if you use the discount, not just by showing you the discount, which is how advertising online works. It's a middle-man, not an advertiser.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •