Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    For what its worth, Towellie said on one of his recent streams "10.0 will be different". Sounds like they are heading in some new direction here. He was very monotone about it. He wasn't excited. He wasn't disappointed. But he claims to know what's coming and its not going to be same as the Legion / BfA / SL stuff.
    Why do people buy this shit?

Streamers are in a position to say this shit, get clicks/attention/engagement/money for it, and then have zero consequences no matter the outcome. If 10.0 is the same as every other expansion, he just says "false promises as always". If it's different, he looks like some kind of magical hero and gets a bunch of attention. If 10.0 doesn't exist, he gets to say "see told you look it's different because it doesn't exist". It's clickbait, literally all of it is clickbait. Stop falling for it.

This reminds me of Dr. Weird from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, where he presents more corn and says that "this time shall be different"

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Why do people buy this shit?

Streamers are in a position to say this shit, get clicks/attention/engagement/money for it, and then have zero consequences no matter the outcome. If 10.0 is the same as every other expansion, he just says "false promises as always". If it's different, he looks like some kind of magical hero and gets a bunch of attention. If 10.0 doesn't exist, he gets to say "see told you look it's different because it doesn't exist". It's clickbait, literally all of it is clickbait. Stop falling for it.
    towellie is one of the youtubers, that was on shill status like taleshill and evishill, shillsobreasy, along with the former shillular. they were all click bait shilling no patch 9.2 due to pandemic, etc, long before the alleged problems at ATVI.

towellie was was the first youtuber that mentioned that 9.1 was delayed. it was a good honest video. i saw it reacted to, by a top WOW streamer

click bait titles work on youtube, whether its a content creator you like or hate

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Because if you don't, the Jailer will remake all of reality. You are part of reality.

I'd say that's a decent reason as far as reasons go.
    That sounds as interesting as "you have to breathe to keep on living". I mean it's the most basic and pointless explanation for doing anything. "Defeat the bad guy or the world will end" is basically the translation for our actions which is the baseline and premise of the entire game since... Vanilla?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard is more than likley to cancel 9.3 (And they have cancelled content before so dont think they wont) because Shadowlands right now is generating 0 hype and interest, they need a new Expansion, 9.2 will be the final patch and its pretty likley they'll move on quickly afterward, your likley going to see 10.0 around november 2022.
    They would've canceled every .3 patch then, because by that time, the addon is usually "dead" for most people and they want the next one, because "the next one is going to be better".
    I doubt we are going to see 10.0 before 2023. This will be a slow progress towards the next addon.
    And the next addon will be as "horrible" as the last one. Although no one would be willing to admit that.

I'm fine with it either way, because all I want from WoW is raid/dungeon content.

The story and presentation is a mess no matter what and that won't change no matter how many expansions we get.
    I mean... during the Uther quest/dream thingy, people were doing the eating animation right next to the corn-stashes. What are they doing? Eating raw corn? How can anyone enjoy anything like that in 2021. It's just one example out of thousands...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-15 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It's so impersonal, though. It's an academic reason, if also an admittedly accurate one. It's an undefinable apocalyptic event. It's utterly boring. There are no personal stakes - not for our characters, nor the characters that were arbitrarily chosen to come to the Shadowlands with us.

Let's say you're writing an origin story about a homeless vagabond. Do you write that he was declined for a mortgage and wound up in this situation? Or do you write that an arsonist burned his family home down? Or was be kicked out by a lover? The latter two have a little dramatic value, from a storytelling perspective. All these scenarios have the same consequence for your character, but who wants to read about someone's quest to secure a loan from a bank? The Jailer's nebulous "remake reality" is the fantasy equivalent to this.

Yes, the stakes are high, but they're dramatically impotent.
    To be clear, I totally agree. I was just arguing the point made above that the reason we are even here is unclear and nobody knows what's going on, when it's been stated an emphasised many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That sounds as interesting as "you have to breathe to keep on living". I mean it's the most basic and pointless explanation for doing anything. "Defeat the bad guy or the world will end" is basically the translation for our actions which is the baseline and premise of the entire game since... Vanilla?
    Again, it's not about being interesting, I was arguing a different point.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

This assumes there is a 9.3 but hypothetically I don't think it would be 2022 maybe late 2021.

9.1.5 will be released in Jan-March 2022
    9.2 in August-September 2022

there will be a big break in between 9.2 and 10.0 as blizzard knows that their entire company is counting on the quality of the next xpac.

so I'd put 10.0 June-July 2023 at the very earliest, more likely closer to 2024
    Last edited by Zexaniro; 2021-10-15 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    9.1.5 will be released in Jan-March 2022
    9.2 in August-September 2022

there will be a big break in between 9.2 and 10.0 as blizzard knows that their entire company is counting on the quality of the next xpac.

so I'd put 10.0 June-July 2023 at the very earliest
    naaaah

9.1.5 by dec
    9.2 by Feb/Begining of April 2022

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    naaaah

9.1.5 by dec
    9.2 by Feb/Begining of April 2022
    lmao they haven't even started work on 9.2 and 9.1.5 is being set up to keep the playerbase 'satisfied' for a very long time by finally giving in to the long awaited demands. blizzard themselves know that 9.2 is very far away and the 9.1.5 content/delay shows that

lmao they haven't even started work on 9.2 and 9.1.5 is being set up to keep the playerbase 'satisfied' for a very long time by finally giving in to the long awaited demands. blizzard themselves know that 9.2 is very far away and the 9.1.5 content/delay shows that
    lmao thinking 9.2 hasn't been started on because 9.1.5 has a delay. Patch lengths for every .5 patch in legion/bfa they are all 7-9 weeks this is normal. It has been out for 6 weeks chill it could release in 3 weeks from now and that would still be a normal .5 ptr length.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard is more than likley to cancel 9.3 (And they have cancelled content before so dont think they wont) because Shadowlands right now is generating 0 hype and interest, they need a new Expansion, 9.2 will be the final patch and its pretty likley they'll move on quickly afterward, your likley going to see 10.0 around november 2022.
    There is nothing to cancel.
    Its likely that this wasn't going to be a four tier expansion anyway.
    There have been plenty like that, nothing abnormal or "cancelled."

But yes, I do expect 9.2 to be the last season of Shadowlands, and that was probably planned since before the expansion launched when they saw how things were going to be impacted by the pandemic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

that is not how software developement works and I have been in IT for 24 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess you just confused the numbers?

We're waiting for 9.1.5 right now and yes, 9.2 (which you referred to as 9.3) might not be out until February 2022. Expect the next expansion by the end of next year, aka Q4/22. That's the most realistic take, I don't see a Q3 release as likely.
    wait, did you mean

„Expect the next expansion by the end of next year, aka Q4/22“

or did you mean

„Expect infos about the next expansion by the end of next year, aka Q4/22“

?

you not really expect to see

- first impressions of next xpac this year ?
    - a next xpac beta starting after 9.2 ?
    - a next xpac half year after 9.2 ?

do you mean that serious ???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Patch 9.2 was already reported to have been pushed back some due to the lawsuit and heavy shake-ups internally within the teams. We have absolutely no information on the patch cycle of Shadowlands. People that assume there will be no 9.3 patch on, in my opinion, are wrong. I don't see 10.0 launching until 2023.
    We have absolutely no information on the patch cycle of Shadowlands

This is imo the most true answer in this thread. At the moment and how/what things have happened the last half year, we can absolutely foresee NOTHING, about what and how it will happen.

what i personally not see is a new xpac in 2022, solely for the timeframes. 1 year to hype it up aka Blizzcon Nov 2021 should announce the next xpac when releasing end of 2022. no chance. also beta takes a half year. means we need to have beta of next, unannounced xpac in march 2022. no chance. how shall this happen when we not even have 9.2 announced yet??? new xpac in 2022 is utterly BS and completely unrealistic. also a rushed halfassed xpac would be the death for wow as we know it.

but besides that, we have imo ZERO chances to foresee what will happen. 9.3 yes or no? no clue and no chance to give a solid answer. 9.2 when/what ? also no chance.

we know nothing this time. and everything can happen. but it definitely happens slowly.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-18 at 12:22 AM.

March 2022 is super optimistic at this point. It's certainly possible, but I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya sure They said that about 9.0 and 8.0 and 7.0 and 6.0 lol. It's always "going to be different". And then it's just the same shit in a different color to try and trick you.
    use your brain. its 100% different. Re-using Legion Artifacts for 2 xpacs in a Row clearly does not work as we can see

I say best case scenario we will get patch 9.2 in about 6 months~ so about 9-10 months of 9.1 content... worst case is probably around May or June 2022. Considering the law suit and the pandemic, I guess that's to be expected.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2021-10-18 at 01:53 AM.

I still think February and March are safe bets, April and beyond feels a bit like 9.1 in August, over pessimist.

And I'm only saying this because the holiday season of 2021 will be the first that people will be able to gather since 2019.

So, I'm expecting it to be taken more seriously than previous ones.

- - - Updated - - -

We should not forget that 8.3 was announced, and the PTR started, shortly after 8.2.5 was released.

8.2.5 Release: September 24, 2019
    8.3.0 Announcement: October 7, 2019
    8.3.0 PTR: October 7, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    I really,really dont want more of the jailer. I still have zero idea what his deal or goals are beyond vague notions...

Hell I'm still not sold on why the covenants are GOOD.

Necrolords is eternal war were they are continuously ripped apart.

Bastion is mind death essentially erasing a person.

Nightfae is being fed to gods so they can be reborn or having your essence fed to power artifacts.

The vamps flat out feed on suffering to either turn into vamps to feed on people or to toss the souls into another realm.

I have no idea why I'm helping or even fighting anyone in shadowlands.
    The jailer is a weird one for me. He is a badass looking character and obviously have scary plans. His voice, his looks and demenour all checks out for a villain.

That said - He obviously lack buildup. We didnt know anything about him previously and the stuff we have learned during SL feels kind of shallow and thin, just not enough.

In a way he fits the Blizzard way of telling stories. We never get to know alot about him, we never get clear-cut answers on whats going on but only drops, hints and cliffhangers. Each cinematic ends up with more questions than answers. This way of telling story is something Blizzard has done for so long and its so tedious.

Should be an online blizzcon sometime soon, i guess they will reveal 9.3 then with some date next year for launch.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.