Poll: Dou you lean Right or left?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    wtf man? Cant I have different tastes in my taste/preferences in politics?
    You can do whatever you want, but this isn't about taste and politics isn't a game. I put it to you subtle because people don't fucking realize we now have a Supreme Court that is about to over turn one of the basic rights most are complaining about right now, personal autonomy. Which is why no you are wrong, when you are a grown up you need to be capable of critical thinking and drawing distinctions between shit that doesn't matter, and what flavor ice cream you want.

Otherwise you're putting yourself in a situation as I stated above, with limited choices and options and a reality that hits when it's too late that there are times you do have to make a damn choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    That's your analogy for that?
    It makes zero sense.

I can't tell if you're suggesting that picking anything at anytime from the right is the same as being shot?
    Or are you claiming there shouldn't be a 3rd option?
    Like the analogy doesn't work in any form lol

One party is a cotton pillow and the other is a shotgun?
    This is your response to them talking about things not being black and white?

So if you're fiscally conservative, that's picking being shot in the face?
    Well I am not a conservative at all, and yes this is my analogy, because if you are content on picking layers of options then you really are ignorant or don't care about a lot of other options which really might mean no option.

Choices come down to ones own ability to choose to begin with, the less you choose, or more options you select that don't exist robs you possibilities later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    there is a reason the political compass goes from left to right and up and down. everyone seems to ignore the implications of the top and bottom half's of the compass, for some reason. probably because most self proclaimed "centrists" sit near the top of the compass.
    I think you mean rich people or famous and rich people like Susan Sarandon who don't and never had any fucking skin in the game so it has never been about the issue but rather visibility for doing whatever it is they think they are doing.

People like this really have nothing to lose, thus no passion for whatever happens later. It's easy to predict their choices, especially when you recognize where their thought process comes from.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I put it to you subtle
    Subtle? Is that what that was?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Subtle? Is that what that was?
    In the year 2021 YES! Because otherwise people don't get it, remember real people can't distinguish between The Onion and Real News anymore.

I think you mean rich people or famous and rich people like Susan Sarandon who don't and never had any fucking skin in the game so it has never been about the issue but rather visibility for doing whatever it is they think they are doing.

People like this really have nothing to lose, thus no passion for whatever happens later. It's easy to predict their choices, especially when you recognize where their thought process comes from.
    Sarandon is a Bernie supporter... like I know Sander's is by all accounts a center left politician himself but that still puts them well to the left of say... Kamala Harris fans??? Khive and the yang gang are the perfect examples of authoritarian centrists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarandon is a Bernie supporter... like I know Sander's is by all accounts a center left politician himself but that still puts them well to the left of say... Kamala Harris fans??? Khive and the yang gang are the perfect examples of authoritarian centrists.
    I have respect for Bernie not for Sarandon. As for Yang he’s an opportunist $$$$$$

As for Authoritarian the rule of law and order should always exist to make a decent society but that has to be tempered with mercy where it can be.

I have respect for Bernie not for Sarandon. As for Yang he’s an opportunist $$$$$$

As for Authoritarian the rule of law and order should always exist to make a decent society but that has to be tempered with mercy where it can be.
    weird, because I mean it's obvious to me she's using her status as a way to draw attention to the issues...?

okay, unless the rule of law is unjust and needs to be changed. just because something is law doesn't mean it's moral or even ethical.

10+ Year Old Account
    weird, because I mean it's obvious to me she's using her status as a way to draw attention to the issues...?

okay, unless the rule of law is unjust and needs to be changed. just because something is law doesn't mean it's moral or even ethical.

You are absolutely correct on your last point. As far as Susan Sarandon I don’t like or agree with her but I’ll stop short completely bashing her as a human being who has a right to her voice.

But from what can see she doesn’t care about the choices she advocates for that others have to live.

But from what can see she doesn’t care about the choices she advocates for that others have to live.
    I honestly do not know what you're referencing here.

I expect most people have a collection of opinions that would make it difficult to put them firmly in the left or right categories, and it's perfectly fine for them to reject the idea that they must always be either team red or team blue. Rejecting that idea doesn't render them incapable of making choices, nor is it a sign that they're abdicating any responsibilities that others may feel they have with regards to the communities and societies in which they live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I expect most people have a collection of opinions that would make it difficult to put them firmly in the left or right categories, and it's perfectly fine for them to reject the idea that they must always be either team red or team blue. Rejecting that idea doesn't render them incapable of making choices, nor is it a sign that they're abdicating any responsibilities that others may feel they have with regards to the communities and societies in which they live.
    A lot of leftists are not on team 'red' and a lot of right wingers are not on team 'blue', that is not even close what the political meaning behind left or right is.

It's not about the specific colours, it's about the principle.

You can do whatever you want, but this isn't about taste and politics isn't a game. I put it to you subtle because people don't fucking realize we now have a Supreme Court that is about to over turn one of the basic rights most are complaining about right now, personal autonomy. Which is why no you are wrong, when you are a grown up you need to be capable of critical thinking and drawing distinctions between shit that doesn't matter, and what flavor ice cream you want.

Otherwise you're putting yourself in a situation as I stated above, with limited choices and options and a reality that hits when it's too late that there are times you do have to make a damn choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am not a conservative at all, and yes this is my analogy, because if you are content on picking layers of options then you really are ignorant or don't care about a lot of other options which really might mean no option.

Choices come down to ones own ability to choose to begin with, the less you choose, or more options you select that don't exist robs you possibilities later.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just assume i'm American? For your information: Im not American. And even then, If im neither Democrat or Republican, it should be my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK our government might as well all be right wing of varying degrees.. I am not even sure if we have a left leaning major party anymore. Our Labour party is a bloody mess. I am stumped in the next election for sure.

I am half expecting Keir Starmer to take off his mask and reveal himself as the Red Skull.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-09 at 07:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    From a point of logic it has to be this way. The government issues the currenncy tt doesn't exist without it already being spent first. The government spends currency in order to marshal resources for a public good or trust. You wouldn't have that money if the government didn't spend it first.
    I didn't said otherwise, one thing is a prime-minister that keeps balance with money circulating and flowing, another thing is a prime-minister that spends more then he has. Portuguese ex-prime-minister from 2006-2011 spended the quivalent to 60% of the country GDP during his mandate. The result was the bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    In the UK our government might as well all be right wing of varying degrees.. I am not even sure if we have a left leaning major party anymore. Our Labour party is a bloody mess. I am stumped in the next election for sure.

I am half expecting Keir Starmer to take off his mask and reveal himself as the Red Skull.
    The only Labour leader to win a general election since 1974 is Tony Blair. The left as represented by Foot and Corbyn were disasters. Keir now finds himself in a similar position to that of Neil Kinnock, the proto-Blair, in 1992: having to overturn a huge Tory majority after years of public distrust in his party. Kinnock had charisma but it might have been his downfall at a time when people just wanted someone 'normal' after years of Thatcher. Perhaps Keir's somewhat bland personality might work in his favour if the public grow tired of Boris's clown routine, but either way he's got a massive hill to climb. I reckon Boris will scrape by with a reduced majority and soon there will be teenagers in this country who've never lived under a Labour government.

Its not hard for me in America.

I don't lean left, I'm fully 100% left.

There's no blending of ideologies anymore in the US.

Either you're racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist and think solely in terms of how X affects me and only me or you're left.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It's not about the specific colours, it's about the principle.
    That still does not change the point.

- - - Updated - - -

The only Labour leader to win a general election since 1974 is Tony Blair. The left as represented by Foot and Corbyn were disasters. Keir now finds himself in a similar position to that of Neil Kinnock, the proto-Blair, in 1992: having to overturn a huge Tory majority after years of public distrust in his party. Kinnock had charisma but it might have been his downfall at a time when people just wanted someone 'normal' after years of Thatcher. Perhaps Keir's somewhat bland personality might work in his favour if the public grow tired of Boris's clown routine, but either way he's got a massive hill to climb. I reckon Boris will scrape by with a reduced majority and soon there will be teenagers in this country who've never lived under a Labour government.
    Keir is just as hated among voters as Corbyn was(most of which was just flat-out sabotage by the right-wing of labour).

Imagine joining a left-wing party just so you can destroy the reputation of any of its left-wing leaders and help the tories win.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-10-09 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its not hard for me in America.

I don't lean left, I'm fully 100% left.

There's no blending of ideologies anymore in the US.

Either you're racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist and think solely in terms of how X affects me and only me or you're left.
    In the US at least, the choice right now is between Democrats and violent white nationalist / Christianist authoritarians. There's really no middle ground to be had there.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

r. The left as represented by Foot and Corbyn were disasters.
    Corbyn would have won the first election if the Blair mandleson new labour faux tory scum wouldnt have had two votes of no confidence against him. After that he got brow beaten, watch his first speech in parliament compared to his last, completely beaten.

I've said this before here, labour needs to split in two, real labour and new labour with some sort of nod and wink that they would combine together when needed, like the power rangers. They are currently just sabotaging themselves.

Seems there are 2 thought schools here.

One is if you in anyway like something from either side, you then fully support everything under that banner.
    Like it's Sith politics.
    Black or white.
    The other not so much and there's middle ground.

I feel like this is when Endus disapproves of my reading HP cause of JKR.
    Or if someone buys from apple then therefore they automatically condone slave labor etc.

Not saying either is right.
    Just seems to be how people are split.