Poll: Dou you lean Right or left?

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because the left-right paradigm is misleading. People can wear they are totally on the left, while supporting ethno-nationalism and fascism. The same people who wanted to keep Muslims out, or in your case, black people out... swear that their support of socialized healthcare makes up for their toxic beliefs.

It doesn't.
    Tell me more about how you don't know anything about Korean politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Tell me more about how you don't know anything about Korean politics.
    I know plenty about this, as well as your stances.

I know plenty about this
    Oh really?

Do explain, in depth, what NL is, in the context of Korean politics.

I'll give you a hint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...h_Korea,_2017) They're affiliated.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-10-31 at 03:36 PM.

Oh really?

Do explain, in depth, what NL is, in the context of Korean politics.

I'll give you a hint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...h_Korea,_2017) They're affiliated.
    Once again, the hated of foreigners, isn't really an unknown.

"But, I'm totes a leftist!!!"

Once again, the hated of foreigners, isn't really an unknown.

"But, I'm totes a leftist!!!"
    I see you didn't even attempt to explain your understanding of Korean politics. I believe your understanding of Korean politics to be that of... Hmm... non-existing.

I see you didn't even attempt to explain your understanding of Korean politics. I believe your understanding of Korean politics to be that of... Hmm... non-existing.
    I don't begin to know, nor care about Korean political parties. I understand political stances, as well as extreme racism and xenophobia.

I don't begin to know, nor care about Korean political parties.
    Then why are you replying? You have no clue about Korean politics.

Then why are you replying? You have no clue about Korean politics.
    I wasn't talking about Korean politics, I was explaining based on your stances on issues, as well as how it shows why some make what appears to be differing claims as to one's political position.

Left-Right is largely meaningless, because radical and racist stances are not simply "evened out" by supporting something like socialized healthcare.

We have actual fucking Nazis in these forums who pretend they are centrists, or even leftists, because they support things like socialized medicine. That doesn't make them centrists, it means they are still Nazis.

Your myopic tendency to view everything through the lense of American politics does you no good in trying to understand Korean politics or the parties here.

Your myopic tendency to view everything through the lense of American politics does you no good in trying to understand Korean politics or the parties here.
    Once again, I'm simply pointing out how left-right is largely meaningless, and has no applications when it comes to such things. Just because a person supports socialized healthcare, doesn't cancel out his belief in white supremacy or fascism.

Once again, I'm simply pointing out how left-right is largely meaningless, and has no applications when it comes to such things. Just because a person supports socialized healthcare, doesn't cancel out his belief in white supremacy or fascism.
    You mean like how I want hate speech laws and protections against discrimination in hiring?

While you on the other hand think people should be free to not hire someone based on their race based on this reasoning?

If an employer wants to be a racist asshole, he should be allowed to be a racist asshole.
    Then the whole thing with my freedom of speeeeech.

I think you have a proverb in English for this: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    your racist beliefs and tendency to advocate for less freedoms… yeah.
    Imagine saying this with a straight face when you've said I'm North Korean.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2021-10-31 at 07:56 PM.

Certainly sound like you might have been but then you wouldn't be able to post here if that was the case.

You mean like how I want hate speech laws and protections against discrimination in hiring? While you on the other hand think people should be free to not hire someone based on their race and then the whole thing with my freedom of speeeeech. I think you have a proverb in English for this: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

This doesn't even make any sense. I'm not the one espousing ethno-nationalism. Well, this is going to get more and more awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Certainly sound like you might have been but then you wouldn't be able to post here if that was the case.
    He said that because my ancestors/family or what you call it in English used to live in an area that is now in North Korea after the country split and proceeded to say it's my home country because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't even make any sense.
    I mean, you're the one that said this:

If an employer wants to be a racist asshole, he should be allowed to be a racist asshole.
    I think the proverb fits perfectly here. I want people to not be able to do that, meanwhile you think they should be allowed to do that.

He said that because my ancestors/family or what you call it in English used to live in an area that is now in North Korea after the country split.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you're the one that said this:

I think the proverb fits perfectly here. I want people to not be able to do that, meanwhile you think they should be allowed to do that.
    Yep, look at me calling out racist assholes for being racist assholes.

The Korean government is famous for being racist assholes.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-10-31 at 08:02 PM.

The Korean government is famous for being racist assholes.
    The Korean government is left-wing, your rambling about how I'm not left-wing is just inane.

Who was it that restricted the ability to get asylum here? The left-wing.
    Who was it that protested against removing nationalistic language from the pledge? The left-wing.
    Who is it that wants more immigrants to the country? The right-wing.

You have like, no clue about Korean politics. Like, at all.

The Korean government is left-wing, your rambling about how I'm not left-wing is just inane.

Who was it that restricted the ability to get asylum here? The left-wing.
    Who was it that protested against removing nationalistic language from the pledge? The left-wing.
    Who is it that wants more immigrants to the country? The right-wing.
    And yet, their hatred of foreigners is legendary.

You are proving my point for me. Left-right means nothing in international politics.

Center is missing. This poll is exemplary of the root cause for 90% of political anger these days.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    nope... freighter was born in south korea, she's south korean... i was born in estonia, i'm estonian...
    There seems to be some kind miscommunication possibly by language: Vegas is saying Freighter personally is South Korean by birth but has North Korean politics. That about right @Vegas82?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you never go around doing the same just vise versa?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.