Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wanna see how out of touch Blizzards WoW devs are?

Well, then have a look at this:

“Valorous Equipment Chest for Valor that contains 1 piece of item level 210 Mythic 0 gear. The chest can only be purchased by a character with a 1500 or higher Mythic+ Rating.

Unchained Equipment Chest for Conquest that contains 1 piece of item level 220 unranked PvP gear. The chest can only be purchased by a character with a 1600 or higher rating in any PvP bracket.“

I read this in the 9.1.5 patch notes and i asked myself a few questions:

1)
    What players are the target audience for that?

Thoughts:

When you are at 1500+ rating you for SURE do not need a 210 1/12 m+ item. I equipped 3 chars in SL from 0 to 12/12 on every slot (solely via PUG grps, no guild support). When reaching 1500+ you was that often in the dungeons that you have more than 1/12 on every slot.

That said, no sane person would ever upgrade from 1/10 when you can easily go +5 get the item and upgrade from there.

Also no sane person ever will spend the sparse VPs for that crap, to buy that item, when you need all your VPs to upgrade (to 12/12).

2)
    All that said, shall this be some form of very very very bad luck protection?

Is there really a SINGLE person out there running x times m+ dungeons and seriously never ever get that one slot that person is missing? the droprates are just too high to make this a thing in reality. Its nearly impossible to have that bad luck. and also so many ppl dont need some items, this late in season. and you get a lot of items from the other 4 grp members (not that much, but some few pieces sometimes).

3)
    What about super casual players?

Where is the sense in buying a 1/12 m+ item when the rating requirement would make you playing that much m+ it is nearly impossible to come into this situation? How i shall imagine myself that? That super casual guy, doing just +6-7 until reaching 1500 (is this even possible?), getting many many 5/12 items but going „now i spend all my VP to buy and upgrade that 1/12 VP item from vendor“ ??? Do THIS ppls reallly exists? And if we talk about BoA items, do super casual players have main chars with excessive VPs they dont know where to spend?

4) PvP?

Same is true for PvP i assume. I just played PvP 1700+ in Season1. Solely via PUG grps. Solely RBGs. When i reached 1600+ i needed ZERO Conquest items. Otherwise 1600+ grps not even took me with them. So i see the exact same problem there too. But as i said, i did no PvP in S2.

5)
    So what is the summary/result of all this?

Imo Blizzard devs dont play their own game. Maybe they should ask Mike Ybarra (it seems he is playing their game) how he imagines WHO the target audience of this shall be. Imo they have no clue what they are doing there or how their reward structure is built. Imo this items/rating makes exactly ZERO sense.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-06 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not enough information about it. As it looks to me, it could be BoA chests to mail over, that you purchase for points, so not that much out of touch as they make it easier to gear alts?

Edit: Aye, they are BoA boxes for gearing alts. Some people haul points that they don't need, so what else to use them on?

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=188173/...quipment-chest
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-06 at 12:34 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    What players are the target audience for that?
    lets go full tinfoil hat mode for this one:

1) buy rating boost
    2) spam low keys/loose in arenas and get points
    3) ???
    4) profit

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, not enough information about it. As it looks to me, it could be BoA chests to mail over, that you purchase for points, so not that much out of touch as they make it easier to gear alts?

Edit: Aye, they are BoA boxes for gearing alts. Some people haul points that they don't need, so what else to use them on?

ok, if they are BoA it makes A LITTLE sense. but going Korthia once makes you 220 on 5-6 slots. just for the intro day. LFR drops 213. 230 on 1 slot by professions. i am not sure what big use it has when sending 210 (1/12) items to your alt, when the alt needs HIS Valor Points to upgrade them. just by earning the VPs to upgrade the item, the alt will get better items side ways. because he must run dungeons for VPs. the same dungeons that drop better gear…

that said: IF you can upgrade them on your main and THEN send them to alts, this would make a lot of sense ofc. but thats not what i get out of the patch notes.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-06 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

seems like he wanted to show how devs are out of touch, yet shown its him who have no idea whats going on

i wellcome it, although i would prefer if they were slot specific...

Quote Originally Posted by Howlk View Post
    lets go full tinfoil hat mode for this one:

1) buy rating boost
    2) spam low keys/loose in arenas and get points
    3) ???
    4) profit
    thought about that thing too, since it was a big smart cash grab motor for Blizz in SL season1. but even this makes zero sense, because a boost brings better items from the boost alone and you cant boost/farm VPs infinite. so how this shall have a positive effect for the boosting buyer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    seems like he wanted to show how devs are out of touch, yet shown its him who have no idea whats going on

1)
    eehrm, no.

2)
    i did not even wanna comment the fact that its untargeted slots. because baseline they have ZERO use. untargeted slots even makes it Zero use x Zero Zero use.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-06 at 12:53 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok, if they are BoA it makes A LITTLE sense. but going Korthia once makes you 220 on 5-6 slots. just for the intro day. LFR drops 213. 230 on 1 slot by professions. i am not sure what big use it has when sending 210 (1/12) items to your alt, when the alt needs HIS Valor Points to upgrade them. just by earning the VPs to upgrade the item, the alt will get better items side ways. because he must run dungeons for VPs. the same dungeons that drop better gear…

that said: IF you can upgrade them on your main and THEN send them to alts, this would make a lot of sense ofc. but thats not what i get out of the patch notes.
    I mean given that you barely did any research on the item before coming here to make your "OMG Blizz devs are so dumb" thread I would wager that no matter how clearly the patch notes are set out you wouldn't understand them anyway.

imagine getting so worked up you make a multi paragraph thread slamming a group of people when you don't even know what the item does.

- - - Updated - - -

aren't they adding slot specific tokens in the patch?

edit: ah yep they did, from the Death's Advance QM
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-10-06 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    for Korthia armaments i think so, so that will help

this "valor" tokens i think wil be useful for new healer alts - you dont have to play anything outside you just send him some valor pieces to boost his ilvl so he can jump into HC/M dungeons right after leveling
    at least thats how i would use it

I mean given that you barely did any research on the item before coming here to make your "OMG Blizz devs are so dumb" thread I would wager that no matter how clearly the patch notes are set out you wouldn't understand them anyway.

imagine getting so worked up you make a multi paragraph thread slamming a group of people when you don't even know what the item does.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm ok. if you think so. nothing to comment here.

but to give your post at least SOME bit of usefullness, enlighten us, HOW the items are designed to give that stuff a sense?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Don’t know about you but I’d much rather farm conquest to gear an alt for pvp then do lfr or farm a zone so I’d say there pretty in touch.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

for Korthia armaments i think so, so that will help

this "valor" tokens i think wil be useful for new healer alts - you dont have to play anything outside you just send him some valor pieces to boost his ilvl so he can jump into HC/M dungeons right after leveling
    at least thats how i would use it
    hmm. at least my 3 245+ chars jumped into m+ on day1. i send them some Korthia armaments, get that 3-6 items in the first to days of doing Korthia and upgraded them to 220. at the same time i did 5-7 m+ dungeons with my own key and i had not a single depleted key. i ended up at +9 key and 236 vault items after the first week. brought all my chars (+ 1 230 professions item) to around 210-215 item level in week1.

still not sure what exactly it hepls much, sending 210 (1/12) items to my alts. but i get your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Don’t know about you but I’d much rather farm conquest to gear an alt for pvp then do lfr or farm a zone so I’d say there pretty in touch.
    Ok, PvP maybe. But whats the use in m+ ? you ofc farm the m+ dungeons and you get sparse VPs and lots of >1/12 items. why spend VP to upgrade alt items from 1/12 ? which sane person will ever do that ?

Question: how about PvP item upgrade in season2? how does it work? as i said, i did no PvP in S2. maybe it makes some sense in PvP at least.

- Can you infinite grind conquest points?
    - Do you really have enough conquest points to spen it for upgrading the low items instead of buying higher items?

or how does it work in PvP in season2?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-06 at 01:07 PM.

It would help more if they made mythic+ rating be account bound again then this.

I don't really see a reason to be outraged over this but I also can't see anyone really ever using this. Isn't that token gear they hand you by the barrel load the same ilv or close to? It seems to me you would just use that then spend valor on these chests unless you have an excess of valor you can't use.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmm ok. if you think so. nothing to comment here.

but to give your post at least SOME bit of usefullness, enlighten us, HOW the items are designed to give that stuff a sense?
    the point is you don't need to farm Korthia at all on your alts. you can literally get to 200 basically instantly using your main's stockpile of stygia and then get a few 210 items to help in LFR so that you don't suck too badly

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    It would help more if they made mythic+ rating be account bound again then this.

I don't really see a reason to be outraged over this but I also can't see anyone really ever using this. Isn't that token gear they hand you by the barrel load the same ilv or close to? It seems to me you would just use that then spend valor on these chests unless you have an excess of valor you can't use.
    yeah, i am more curious than outraged. i definetelly could not say i am outraged of this. its way too minor. thread should not sounding outraged. maybe i failed at that. maybe also cause of my bad english. i just try to figure out whats the use/sense of this is and how Blizzard came to the conclusion that it has some uses to add this.

its to me the same as you said. i just cant see anyone ever really using this. maybe in the first 2 days of an alt. ok. but the general use of this is what i did not get yet.

thats the sole reason for the thread. it just makes zero sense to me and feels like the devs had not thought really about it or have some real target audience/reason for whom they are doing this.

but going Korthia once makes you 220 on 5-6 slots
    this is very, very inaccurate.

the point is you don't need to farm Korthia at all on your alts. you can literally get to 200 basically instantly using your main's stockpile of stygia and then get a few 210 items to help in LFR so that you don't suck too badly
    yeah, as i said above, for the first 1-2 days of an alt this makes sense. but isnt this the case at the moment anyway? are there are really that much mains out there NEVER did Korthia (or did Korthia often enough) to have a bunch of admant Korthia BoA tokens ? my alts where 200/210+ in day1-2 solely by getting Korthia Adamants from main, doing the Korthia intro quest (you have to do for renown/campaign anyway) once, buy a 230 profession item and start going m+. not sure what exactly the effect you mentioned is.

Yes, I wondered who they are supposed to be for, too.

For alts they are pretty much worthless, as they can literally get (slot targeted!) Korthia items and upgrade them right from the start at a reasonable pace especially with the account wide unlocks of 9.1.5.

And no one in his clear mind would ever start to upgrade m0 gear, espectially since the currency to do so is mainly available only if you do content that already drops gear that is better (and even if you capped valor every single week since 9.1 you would only have enough valor to fully upgrade some slots starting from upgrade 0 since last week).

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    this is very, very inaccurate.
    yep, this is 100% right. it was indeed inaccurate.

i forgot to add „with having some BoA Korthia items from main“.

but since its all main-driven/alt-mechanic here: is there really a main out there having 10k of VPs but 0 Korthia BoA items?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, I wondered who they are supposed to be for, too.

For alts they are pretty much worthless, as they can literally get (slot targeted!) Korthia items and upgrade them right from the start at a reasonable pace especially with the account wide unlocks of 9.1.5.

And no one in his clear mind would ever start to upgrade m0 gear, espectially since the currency to do so is mainly available only if you do content that already drops gear that is better (and even if you capped valor every single week since 9.1 you would only have enough valor to fully upgrade some slots starting from upgrade 0 since last week).
    EXACTLY thats my point(s) here.

EXACTLY this brought me to the thought „how/why devs are doing this and do they really know what they do there?“

It's a fantastic addition to spend excess valor for players in that situation and gear their alts, nothing to complain about at all.
    Feels like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining now it's established they're BoA.

If they weren't, then by all means, I do get your point.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, PvP maybe. But whats the use in m+ ? you ofc farm the m+ dungeons and you get sparse VPs and lots of >1/12 items. why spend VP to upgrade alt items from 1/12 ? which sane person will ever do that ?

Question: how about PvP item upgrade in season2? how does it work? as i said, i did no PvP in S2. maybe it makes some sense in PvP at least.

- Can you infinite grind conquest points?
    - Do you really have enough conquest points to spen it for upgrading the low items instead of buying higher items?

or how does it work in PvP in season2?
    For pvp you only need one set of gear unless you want to swap stuff around and there's a weekly cap on conquest that carry's over if you don't get it all the weeks before and upgrades are gated behind rating and only cost honor. so in theory you could farm out your whole set get to 1800 or what ever your goal is upgrade all your pieces with honor and then funnel conquest to another character for a easier time getting them into the seasons pvp.

pretty much any one who's still pvping at this point wont have a conquest cap and is likely sitting on a fair bit of it saved up unless there throwing it at random stuff.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.