Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Most pservers had a turn around of only 3 to 4 months from start to finish. 12 months is acfually about 3x longer than what most pserver players are used to.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Huh? 99% of what they have done is WHAT THE PLAYERBASE HAS ASKED FOR. Using your logic does not make sense as the changes in retail is because they listened to the playerbase.

    Try thinking first.
    ok well you clearly don't know what you're talking about when you say they listen to players about retail decisions


    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It won't be. People who complain will get dropped, people who perform will get gear. People who pick classes that underperform won't get priority on items items with the accelerated timeline, so most people who really care will play Rogue Mage Warrior Priest.
    it's really not that simple. The loot situation as it stands just won't be healthy for the player count, loot keeps a lot of people playing. In your scenario even when the player is chill about loot perform well, there may not even be the correct items dropping to reward them. Bad RNG and no rewards will eventually burn out any type of player.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2021-10-07 at 01:33 AM.

  2. #22
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    23,001
    Who the hell is going to play this shit? Where is the market?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartakan View Post
    They should go even further and make spec changes, to make most of them a lot more viable.
    what i not really get is, how Blizzard even can assume the planned changes, without considering number tuning for most specs. its clear as fuck, when you are doing what they will do, NO ONE will get items, not being mage/rog/warr. the drama is calculated.

    so, is Blizzard really THAT silly ?

    if you do Classic Season of Mastery you need to tune/balance numbers. otherwise this will become the biggest shitstorm / sea of tears / drama apocalypse now, that classic ever has seen.

    that stupid nobody can be…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-07 at 01:53 AM.

  4. #24
    uhhh rinse and repeat again but faster/better/ same route bullshit, same routine? nahhhhhhhhhhhh hard pass. Tryhards continues think it's a brand new game and continue "WORLD FIRST THIS, THAT, AND THERE!"
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2021-10-07 at 02:28 AM.

  5. #25
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    uhhh rinse and repeat again but faster/better/ same route bullshit, same routine? nahhhhhhhhhhhh hard pass. Tryhards continues think it's a brand new game and continue "WORLD FIRST THIS, THAT, AND THERE!"
    You do realize there is a dedicated player group that has been doing this for over a decade on pservers right?

    F R E S H S E R V E R S are a big deal to those people and if there will be short-term organized seasons with variable tuning it caters to everything they want.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    uhhh rinse and repeat again but faster/better/ same route bullshit, same routine? nahhhhhhhhhhhh hard pass. Tryhards continues think it's a brand new game and continue "WORLD FIRST THIS, THAT, AND THERE!"
    I thought the same. Cant wait for these stupid world first articles.
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2021-10-07 at 05:01 AM.

  7. #27
    - Hey, Bill, it seems nobody plays WoW Classic anymore. What can we do to revitalize the game while doing as little work as possible?
    - Hm... how about Seasons like in D3? That idea was great, we had 1 person who had to change like 2 lines in the code every few months and the sheep considered it "content" for some reason. We'll also wipe the servers every few months, just 'because' and make the rats run through the maze again. Maybe we'll get another few months of subs out of the poor fuckers.
    - That sounds great! Let's call it "Season of" something just to nail the D3 analogy harder. Oh "Season of MASTERY" - that sounds great. It implies skill of all things hahaha. Maybe Bobby won't wring our balls this month if we make few more bucks out of cultists.

  8. #28
    My good all you people do is complain lol

  9. #29
    Not a fan of this whole thing, feels like Blizzard is desperately trying to fragment their playerbase more and more.
    Edit: Also the name sounds horrible, like a chinese mobile games's 3rd sub-title.
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-10-07 at 06:40 AM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  10. #30
    We feel that loot scarcity was an important part of what made original World of Warcraft challenging and hope to recreate that feeling.
    Put in other words ... get ready to split run 3 chars.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Huh? 99% of what they have done is WHAT THE PLAYERBASE HAS ASKED FOR. Using your logic does not make sense as the changes in retail is because they listened to the playerbase.

    Try thinking first.
    I'm not sure a lot of people were asking for an accelerated timeframe to the point of rushing everything.
    I mean, one of the main looking-after point of Classic was the possibility to relax and play at your own pace without everything being reset every three month. What this "Season of Mastery" does is the opposite.

    I would have loved the change in raids (debuff limit, original boss abilities and NO WORLD BUFFS) during Classic. Now ? It's too late, and bundled with accelerated shit that is a complete show stopper.

  12. #32
    Half of what they said boils down to: we don't know yet how to handle it but we'll see once we get there.
    2008 - 2018 World of Warcraft.
    Times change.

  13. #33
    In recent years I've been comparing WoW to Diablo 3's Seasons, and thinked it would be much easier to blend in.

    Who is gonna play it, prob the same persons that like to play a Diablo Season from time to time.

    The exclusion of World Buffs out of raids, and I hope PVP too, would actually make me consider to play that version. I think it is funny as hell to go collect all world buffs and make an youtube video about "P0Wning", but not that of a great play when it is a REQUIREMENT for the whole damn game.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who the hell is going to play this shit? Where is the market?
    every PS player? Because that's what they have been doing for years anyway?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who the hell is going to play this shit? Where is the market?
    A LOT of people. You here the vocal minority that always cry no matter what are NOT important really.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    uhhh rinse and repeat again but faster/better/ same route bullshit, same routine? nahhhhhhhhhhhh hard pass. Tryhards continues think it's a brand new game and continue "WORLD FIRST THIS, THAT, AND THERE!"
    you are chuggin down that copium very hard.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ok well you clearly don't know what you're talking about when you say they listen to players about retail decisions
    Yes, as a billion dollar company with access to all the metrics and surveys does not know what their players want. But some random player called huehuehue on a fan forum known for 99% complainers and trolls does know, from his extensive research into the opinions of the other people in his little circle jerk bubble of reality.

    Dream on.

  18. #38
    People will find just about anything to cry about. This might only generate buzz for a small section of the player base but it probably will be around the same size of people that mythic raid in retail. But at the cost of near zero dev time outside of small adjustments they make seasonal. So really it's just SOP for the WoW franchise. It suits towards the a small percentage of players to satisfy while allowing the masses the ability to walk behind them if they choose. If they don't choose then they throw in a mount or something and bag the suckers in. Which is really what this is about. They will pop in some seasonal mount, pet, or something eventually for it so every gotta have it all sucker throws time/mau at it to get the latest reskin. It won't be this season or right away to sucker in "pures" but it will show up eventually.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    ok well you clearly don't know what you're talking about when you say they listen to players about retail decisions
    Do don't tell. Blizzard doesn't listen to what we tell, they listen to what we do. Some crap like conduit energy is something invented for a perceived problem but all the stupid grind and weekly stuff is based on what we do no matter the complaints. Same with the boosting and wow token. They don't do stuff to make money and we get 9.1.5 when we DO what we tell them we will do.

  20. #40
    I guess its great for those that enjoy fresh classic servers. Personally, i'd want more changes or atleast see them do something cool and different with it. Same base game, but cool new features & tweaks.

    Really, they could (should) go balls deep on this and experiment. Toss out wacky features, have some fun with it. Dedicate two servers(Pve & pvp) for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm not sure a lot of people were asking for an accelerated timeframe to the point of rushing everything.
    I mean, one of the main looking-after point of Classic was the possibility to relax and play at your own pace without everything being reset every three month. What this "Season of Mastery" does is the opposite.

    I would have loved the change in raids (debuff limit, original boss abilities and NO WORLD BUFFS) during Classic. Now ? It's too late, and bundled with accelerated shit that is a complete show stopper.
    Agree, it does feel a bit rushed. That said, each season might last longer than 12 months. Naxx could be launched after 11/12 months, so maybe it will overall last 16-18 months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •