Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will be playing this and I am looking forward to it All the changes look great. Hopefully the XP boost is not too extreme.

Please also make sure "dungeon spamming" is not viable nor that AoE boosting from a lvl 60 is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Who the hell is going to play this shit? Where is the market?
    Probably the people that have already been doing this for a decade on pservers.

It must be really confusing for you when you go to the supermarket and see that people buy food you don’t like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what i not really get is, how Blizzard even can assume the planned changes, without considering number tuning for most specs. its clear as fuck, when you are doing what they will do, NO ONE will get items, not being mage/rog/warr. the drama is calculated.

so, is Blizzard really THAT silly ?

if you do Classic Season of Mastery you need to tune/balance numbers. otherwise this will become the biggest shitstorm / sea of tears / drama apocalypse now, that classic ever has seen.

that stupid nobody can be…
    The debuff cap change is going to radically alter tuning.

Besides that, the main problem with endgame class viability is the lack of availability of gear for a lot of specs, not the balance of the specs themselves. It’s a harder problem to solve than you think.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It won't be. People who complain will get dropped, people who perform will get gear. People who pick classes that underperform won't get priority on items items with the accelerated timeline, so most people who really care will play Rogue Mage Warrior Priest.

UBRS is going to be a fucking busy place.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah exactly this. Luckily some classes like Hunters can just sit with their tier gear and perform well relative to their class strength (while still not performing nearly as well as the top DPs classes). But they certainly won't be getting offset items to boost DPS when those items could go to Rogues or Warrs.
    I was told early on I wouldn't be considered top dps - and cut from most raiding because I decided to make a hunter in classic.
    Good thing I didn't blow off those warnings and only wasted a few weeks in the garbage called classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Loatheb is gonna be tough without worldbuffs.

This will not in any conceivable way end well.
    Eventually you`ll have two incarnations of each "classic" expansion, and even then
    does season mean they can make several of the same server with slightly differing rulesets?
    It`s going to end up looking like

WoW Classic
    WoW Classic Season server
    WoW Classic Season 2 server

WoW TBC Classic
    WoW TBC Classic Season server
    WoW TBC Classic Season 2 server

WoW Wotlk Classic
    WoW Wotlk Season server
    WoW Wotlk Season 2 server

It will be like : season has ended, we are starting again from the beginning of the season, anyone with gear of further in the season will have its items reverted to "this set of gear fit for a fresh max level of a beginning of the season". Have fun grinding again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Eventually you`ll have two incarnations of each "classic" expansion, and even then
    does season mean they can make several of the same server with slightly differing rulesets?

WoW Classic

WoW TBC Classic

WoW Wotlk Classic
    WoW Wotlk Season server
    Or they will just have seasonal servers for the only version of wow it makes sense for: Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I was told early on I wouldn't be considered top dps - and cut from most raiding because I decided to make a hunter in classic.
    Good thing I didn't blow off those warnings and only wasted a few weeks in the garbage called classic.

- - - Updated - - -
    I know hunters who made it all the way to the end of Naxx. Sounds like the problem was you.
    -ynnady

sure buddy, and my hunter cleared every content in classic.
    but hey, blame the class and make up stories like "lolz everybody told me huntard bad zug zug".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    sure buddy, and my hunter cleared every content in classic.
    but hey, blame the class and make up stories like "lolz everybody told me huntard bad zug zug".
    Sure, once the real dps cleared it you could be carried through. Oh and I guess they need 1 hunter for the de-enrage, I'm sure that had nothing to do with your spot either.

Also, I enjoyed my hunter - as I'm sure you do. But I don't need to play a class most people pass over because we are not the 4 king dps classes. For everything you cleared the 10 RLs before probably laughed when you applied.

And congrats on make those clears harder for everyone there because they brought a gimped hunter.

/cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Or they will just have seasonal servers for the only version of wow it makes sense for: Classic.

- - - Updated - - -
    What is it specifically that would only make it viable for Vanilla Classic though?
    Every expansion has a finite amount of content that`s on offer.

WoW Classic

WoW TBC Classic

WoW Wotlk Classic
    WoW Wotlk Season server
    Pretty sure there will only be a season server up and when a season ends, the chars just get dumped in the non-season servers.

What is it specifically that would only make it viable for Vanilla Classic though?
    Every expansion has a finite amount of content that`s on offer.
    Classic is a holistic experience from level 1 to endgame. It's a complete package by itself. Expansions, by definition, are not.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Loatheb is gonna be tough without worldbuffs.
    welcome to original classic wow

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    Sounds like you had a shit group of people you played with because there were a ton of us that played Hunters in Classic all the way through Naxx. They might not top meters but they're always needed and they have a very unique and fun playstyle when it comes to shot weaving (not to mention melee weaving). Plus they wreck shop in PVP.

Sucks to suck though I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, once the real dps cleared it you could be carried through
    Just lol at this, talk about not knowing what you're talking about. I guess that makes sense considering you quit before you ever did the content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Thats a lot of words to say "for a period classic was 50% of our subs and we want to milk that shit dry with any idea that sticks".

It's funny because Vanilla original design was the opposite of “Faster Progression and More Challenging Content”.

Also one point of having Classic servers was to finally have permanent characters. To not have to restart our character everytime the pserver we were playing on got closed for some reason. Which is also funny.

If you are curious how you acquire gear quickly with this accelerated schedule the solution is actually very simple and something that was very present in Classic. GDKP. You buy gold, and spend 15k to get your phase 1 bis in 2-3 weeks. Ez game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealghara View Post
    It's funny because Vanilla original design was the opposite of “Faster Progression and More Challenging Content”.

Also one point of having Classic servers was to finally have permanent characters. To not have to restart our character everytime the pserver we were playing on got closed for some reason. Which is also funny.
    The classic era servers still exist for ‘just as it was’ gameplay and permanent chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtelfficker View Post
    welcome to original classic wow
    My old raiding guild back in vanilla had to use world buffs to down loatheb so it wasn't something specific to classic wow.

I agree, I m very surprised by the design intent of this seasonal classic project. Especially with the faster release of content with less time to acquire loots.

Only RMTs must feel very happy with this vanilla rerelease, because insane amounts of farming will be needed to complete the content.
    Last edited by Stanelis1; 2021-10-07 at 05:49 PM.

I don't intend to play this but wonder how warriors will perform at raids with no raid buffs