Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Classic + wow expansion will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I would very much rather to be stabbed in the face.
    Then do what most people do when they don't wanna play something

don't play it

I really like the idea of seasons, but something more akin to Path of Exile than Diablo. Something unique that lasts for several months to a year, where it really changes the gameplay loop. I remember one of the Diablo seasons was just "more treasure goblins" and that just felt kinda dumb tbh.
    At the same time though, I dont know if I really trust Blizz to do something revolutionary, without completely breaking the game.

For example, something along the lines of a modified 3.3.5a client with progression from Classic - TBC - WOTLK where the next tier opens 2-3 months apart would be enough for me to stay subbed for the entire content cycle. But bigger changes, to an extent, would interest me a lot more than not having access to world buffs.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just needs more TBH.

Accelerated release schedule without increased drops is silly to me. Maintaining the same PvP ranking system is beyond dumb, especially considering it's by far the worst implementation in all of WoW. I can't even think of anybody who truly likes the Classic ranking system.

It's sacrilege to many people on this forum but this will be the third time classic has officially been released, so why keep things so close to the chest? They can certainly keep the spirit of classic while changing the balance around some. I know people like things that are familiar, but shaking the meta up some would probably make it a far healthier experience. Do you really want another go where 25% or more of your raid is potentially made up of warriors?

Beyond that there's probably room for them to add new content, whether it was content that was used at a future date, or was content that was originally scrapped for various reasons. A reimagining of unused content would be pretty sick, whether it takes the form of zones, dungeons or potentially new raids.

The concept of seasonal servers is sound, but Blizzard still really doesn't understand what seasonal should really entail. If you want further evidence, look how little they add to each individual season in D3, compared to other ARPGs? I realize it isn't an apt comparison because of the models used in each game, but my point is that they really don't do enough to keep people interested. All of the changes they outlined are fine and are interesting enough, but like I mentioned, they aren't really adding anything really interesting to the game or taking a risk to shift the meta around at least a little bit. I know it sounds scary, but change is for the best and taking risks is something they should be fully willing to do. People will come if you put forth an effort.

To each their own though. I realize some people might like it how they outlined it, but I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of returning without a lot of changes. Nearly 4 years total of playing Classic is enough for me. The thought of extending that to over 5 just isn't going to happen unless it's a pretty moderate shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Then do what most people do when they don't wanna play something

don't play it
    Can't not play something that does not exist can I?

Was just expressing how I feel towards the idea. Isn't that what the forums is about?

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I would want increased xp, progression, and potentially the ability to receive rewards in retail.
    No, classic is in its own ecosystem. Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    No, classic is in its own ecosystem. Leave it there.
    Sure, for regular classic you wouldn't want tourist players that are just gonna dip in, get what they want, and leave but a seasonal classic server is a whole different beast.

I want a season or a server that is self-found, where everything is account-bound and nothing is tradable or auctionable to other players.
    This creates a lot of restrictions, but also opens up possibilities such as mailing your old "bop" gear to your other characters, or being able to farm up entire sets for your alts, such as Fang or Defias gear for easy leveling.
    Or dual wield Thrash Blade lmao...
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-10-23 at 09:21 PM.

Back when I ran a private server I had idea of doing 6 month cycle "Ladder" for alternative realm where every "season" would increase damage/HP of every mob and NPC and introduce 1 new ability that is sustained throughout. That sort of thing I'd like.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Sure, for regular classic you wouldn't want tourist players that are just gonna dip in, get what they want, and leave but a seasonal classic server is a whole different beast.
    No, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Just needs more TBH.

Accelerated release schedule without increased drops is silly to me. Maintaining the same PvP ranking system is beyond dumb, especially considering it's by far the worst implementation in all of WoW. I can't even think of anybody who truly likes the Classic ranking system.

It's sacrilege to many people on this forum but this will be the third time classic has officially been released, so why keep things so close to the chest? They can certainly keep the spirit of classic while changing the balance around some. I know people like things that are familiar, but shaking the meta up some would probably make it a far healthier experience. Do you really want another go where 25% or more of your raid is potentially made up of warriors?

Beyond that there's probably room for them to add new content, whether it was content that was used at a future date, or was content that was originally scrapped for various reasons. A reimagining of unused content would be pretty sick, whether it takes the form of zones, dungeons or potentially new raids.

The concept of seasonal servers is sound, but Blizzard still really doesn't understand what seasonal should really entail. If you want further evidence, look how little they add to each individual season in D3, compared to other ARPGs? I realize it isn't an apt comparison because of the models used in each game, but my point is that they really don't do enough to keep people interested. All of the changes they outlined are fine and are interesting enough, but like I mentioned, they aren't really adding anything really interesting to the game or taking a risk to shift the meta around at least a little bit. I know it sounds scary, but change is for the best and taking risks is something they should be fully willing to do. People will come if you put forth an effort.

To each their own though. I realize some people might like it how they outlined it, but I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of returning without a lot of changes. Nearly 4 years total of playing Classic is enough for me. The thought of extending that to over 5 just isn't going to happen unless it's a pretty moderate shift.
    Agree. I wish Blizzard did bigger changes than what they have done. Maybe they are saving that for future classic seasons?

Tbh, Blizzard have classic era servers. Those select few servers can stay up forever. They can also release 1 pvp & 1 pve server as a "normal" seasonal server. After that they can add servers with different stuff, like HC servers. You die? Game over.

The only issue I could see is that the classic community & playerbase would be split up into several classic servers. Blizzard probably wants to hold on to most of these players into the same content/server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    No, it is not.
    Its probably going to be more or less the same. People rush to 60, farm gear in dungeons, farm raids. The only issue in raid progress might be having to go back often to old raids while doing new raid. Since each raid will release closer to eachother, so less time to gear up.

It might actually get more time consuming in seasonal than previous classic, cause time is of the essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    End of the day there is a decent niche for this niche group...like it wouldn't be an OVERWHELMING success and probably only enough for 3 raid groups but those 3 raid groups would likely be ok with it
    AKA not enough to pay for the server space it is running on.

Currently on a random loot+extra loot drop+free trade server on everquest. It's been pretty cool so far. I could maybe see something like that in wow, maybe without the freetrade part though, I don't think that would be good for wow.