SWTOR review on steam

I snipped this from steam today and couldn't stop laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiroz View Post
    Lol that's gold
    38 people found that review helpful! lol

LOL, ok that is pretty funny.

Well darnit Steam if you haven't gone and done it again.

Haha... played 4.9 hours. Can say it's more of a first impressions than a review. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Haha... played 4.9 hours. Can say it's more of a first impressions than a review. XD
    I played SWTOR for about a year when it first came out.

Every so often I resub and try to play it again, but I couldn't figure out what to do, its super confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post

Every so often I resub and try to play it again, but I couldn't figure out what to do, its super confusing.
    Really? You should have a main story quest in purple in your mission log. That is how you continue (press the map button on the mission log to know where to go). If not, look for the purple triangle quest giver.
    Alternatively, depending on where you are in the story, you got a "play/launch" button in the mission tracker typically on the right side of your HUD. If it's not there, you go to the mission log and click track.

If you mean after you are done with the story, it's up to you. The most common goal is to improve your ilvl and you do that by doing any content. Be it, PvP, dungeons, raid or dailies. Though the content from the planets related to the latest expansion have more relevant rewards. Also, you probably want to get your tech fragments to buy gear shells with set bonuses and tacticals from the respective class vendor in the fleet. Only bother putting parts in when you hit the ilvl cap.
    Aside from that, there are these random 3rd stats on the items that can be rerolled and if you want to min/max you should pick something relevant for your spec. But, this is end game stuff. You don't need to worry about it until you hit max ilvl first.

There is then also the conquest weekly which is sort of like a weekly vault reward related to your guild, and recently there are galactic seasons. Both are collections of specific activities you can do based on the week/day and get points to eventually get all sorts of rewards. You can see the current ones in the quest log section.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-10-11 at 12:59 PM.

Everybody can get max ilvl (306 at the moment), and then send your other drops to all your alts! Everything is "legacy bound" which means account-wide. There are other things like sets and special items with effects (will go away in 7.0). You even have your "legacy bank".

It can be confusing at the point you left off.

A year or so into it at launch and you probably finished a class story or two (maybe more if you played a lot) but never seeing what was next and missing the breadcrumb.

If you find yourself going back, look up/google something in rise of the Hutt Cartel starting mission, where to find it. That was the next expansions that didn't drop till 14 months after the launch of the game when it went F2P due to all it's issues. Might not be the easiest starting mission to find now.

After that it's Shadows of Revan and then he Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal throne and so on. The story should be fairly easy to pick up once you get Hutt Cartel expansion going and you get back into the game and leveling. You also have a lot of leveling to do as you are a long way off from max level if that year is all you played back then.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It can be confusing at the point you left off.

A year or so into it at launch and you probably finished a class story or two (maybe more if you played a lot) but never seeing what was next and missing the breadcrumb.

If you find yourself going back, look up/google something in rise of the Hutt Cartel starting mission, where to find it. That was the next expansions that didn't drop till 14 months after the launch of the game when it went F2P due to all it's issues. Might not be the easiest starting mission to find now.

After that it's Shadows of Revan and then he Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal throne and so on. The story should be fairly easy to pick up once you get Hutt Cartel expansion going and you get back into the game and leveling. You also have a lot of leveling to do as you are a long way off from max level if that year is all you played back then.
    I'm going to make my annual attempt to get back into the game.

I have a level 70 commando, a level 64 gunslinger, a level 52 vanguard, and a level 50 sage. I guess I'll do the gunslinger, I read commando wasn't doing to well in raids and dungeons, plus I don't like the commando's rotation.

On the main forums there is this huge massive, 'new players guide'. It looks useful, and its obvious folks put a lot of work into it, but at the moment its just to much to take in.

I need a quick guide with just super basic stuff like:

How do I know if I've completed all the main story line quests?
    What dailies do I do?
    How do I gear up?

I'm going to make my annual attempt to get back into the game.

I have a level 70 commando, a level 64 gunslinger, a level 52 vanguard, and a level 50 sage. I guess I'll do the gunslinger, I read commando wasn't doing to well in raids and dungeons, plus I don't like the commando's rotation.

On the main forums there is this huge massive, 'new players guide'. It looks useful, and its obvious folks put a lot of work into it, but at the moment its just to much to take in.

I need a quick guide with just super basic stuff like:

How do I know if I've completed all the main story line quests?
    Check your ship, there's a console there with the main story missions available. Otherwise, they typically show up on your UI as a big button in your mission log that says "launch" for the newest mission chain you have available.

What dailies do I do?
    Any of them, really. They all feed into the same point system to get gear. There's no "wrong" answer here. Go to the fleet and see what's there, go to your Alliance base on Odessen (or if you don't have that available that means you need to do the Knights of the Fallen Empire= quest chain until you do)

How do I gear up?
    Queue for Veteran Flashpoints, do dailies, go out and kill stuff, again there's no "wrong" answer here.

But here's a lik to a guide that will outline it better than I can.

https://vulkk.com/2020/08/02/complet...gearing-guide/

There is then also the conquest weekly which is sort of like a weekly vault reward related to your guild, and recently there are galactic seasons.