10+ Year Old Account

Question Battle.net Balance questions

Hello all, have not been here for a while, but today did something stupid, and am confused by it....
    I transferred money from my bank account ot my Battle.net account balance in order to pay for my upcoming subscription renewal next week, only to find out that the balance is not a payment option for subscriptions. So, I wanted to cancel the transfer as it takes 3 days to complete, but could find no way to do so, and also have found that there is no possible way to transfer money back out of Battle.net balance available.
    So, my question is this, can I get my money back from Battle.net without having to use it to buy stuff from the Blizzard Shop, or is it just stolen?? Also, what is the idea behind not being able to transfer money back out of the balance?? Is it just to be slimy, or is there supposedly some kind of business logic behind this??
    Thanks in advance!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    Hello all, have not been here for a while, but today did something stupid, and am confused by it....
    I transferred money from my bank account ot my Battle.net account balance in order to pay for my upcoming subscription renewal next week, only to find out that the balance is not a payment option for subscriptions. So, I wanted to cancel the transfer as it takes 3 days to complete, but could find no way to do so, and also have found that there is no possible way to transfer money back out of Battle.net balance available.
    So, my question is this, can I get my money back from Battle.net without having to use it to buy stuff from the Blizzard Shop, or is it just stolen?? Also, what is the idea behind not being able to transfer money back out of the balance?? Is it just to be slimy, or is there supposedly some kind of business logic behind this??
    Thanks in advance!!
    First, the money would never be stolen.

Secondly, with mistakes like this, you can always contact Blizzard support to have it stopped, or reverted, just explain it.

Game-time is purchased with a token, credit/debitcard, or Paypal only.

And about Battle.net currency, you cannot convert it to real money again because the currency can be generated by tokens as well, so you can buy Battle.net currency to purchase other Blizzard Entertainment products. If you could make Battle.net currency viable to be transferred to a real bank account, then players could earn real money trading gold legally, which would be money out of the wallet for Blizzard.

Take note, some people do earn money with their Blizzard currency, by buying a game, and selling the code on certain sites to get real money for it, not sure if it is against ToS, but I could almost believe it might be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like how you doing something stupid instantly means that Blizzard "stole" your money.

1) Why the fuck do you pre-load balance to pay for a sub? There is no charge for doing it with direct bank transfer. I assume based on your wording that you even did this before.

2) They didn't "steal" your money. You willingly uploaded X amount to your balance.

3) Open a support ticket and they will likely be understanding especially if this is your first time doing this.
    My friend literally had like half a year sub refunded to him cuz he forgot to cancel and proved he didn't play a second of it.

4) The reason why you cannot just convert blizz balance (or literally ANY OTHER game balance from ANY OTHER game) to real life money directly is because then you could basically make an income from playing the given game.
    At that point the government is directly involved as the money you make (or others make) needs to be taxed plus Blizzard needs to be taxed extra for providing such a platform and it goes on and on and on.
    Multiply that with the various countries WoW is present in and you literally cannot come out of this positively. This is why literally no game on the market allows you to convert in-game currency or balance to real life balance at all (legally, before you throw a fit about gold farmers).

Stop doing stupid things and blaming it on others.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I like how you doing something stupid instantly means that Blizzard "stole" your money.

1) Why the fuck do you pre-load balance to pay for a sub? There is no charge for doing it with direct bank transfer. I assume based on your wording that you even did this before.

2) They didn't "steal" your money. You willingly uploaded X amount to your balance.

3) Open a support ticket and they will likely be understanding especially if this is your first time doing this.
    My friend literally had like half a year sub refunded to him cuz he forgot to cancel and proved he didn't play a second of it.

4) The reason why you cannot just convert blizz balance (or literally ANY OTHER game balance from ANY OTHER game) to real life money directly is because then you could basically make an income from playing the given game.
    At that point the government is directly involved as the money you make (or others make) needs to be taxed plus Blizzard needs to be taxed extra for providing such a platform and it goes on and on and on.
    Multiply that with the various countries WoW is present in and you literally cannot come out of this positively. This is why literally no game on the market allows you to convert in-game currency or balance to real life balance at all (legally, before you throw a fit about gold farmers).

Stop doing stupid things and blaming it on others.
    Thanks for the flame I guess....
    Also, for not helping at all, which is a given with flamers honestly. They just want ot lash out at others for no good reason.
    Did, you get your 'Junior Blizzard Apologist Badge'??
    As well, nobody was 'throwing a fit' here, except you, and I didn't say anything about 'gold farmers' you did. Continuing, i was not blaming anybody, just asking why this is a policy at all, that you cannot use Blizzard Balance for subscription renewals.
    For the record, I did get it worked ot after putting in a Ticket, the money was returned ot the funding source eventually!!

Still, thanks for renewing my faith in how mean spirited people are in these forums

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    Thanks for the flame I guess....
    Also, for not helping at all, which is a given with flamers honestly. They just want ot lash out at others for no good reason.
    Did, you get your 'Junior Blizzard Apologist Badge'??
    As well, nobody was 'throwing a fit' here, except you, and I didn't say anything about 'gold farmers' you did. Continuing, i was not blaming anybody, just asking why this is a policy at all, that you cannot use Blizzard Balance for subscription renewals.
    For the record, I did get it worked ot after putting in a Ticket, the money was returned ot the funding source eventually!!

Still, thanks for renewing my faith in how mean spirited people are in these forums
    You had a legitimate question until you claimed the money had been "stolen". At that point it made you sound like a drama queen.

It was only recently I believe that Blizzard removed the ability to buy sub time directly with Battle.net balance. I think it had to do with the perceived "exploit" that involved buying 6 tokens in game with gold, converting them to Bnet balance, and then being able to buy a 6 months sub with extra money left over making it the ideal way to pay for your sub.

Blizzard wanted to milk more money out of people so you can only purchase one month at a time via wow token rather then a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Take note, some people do earn money with their Blizzard currency, by buying a game, and selling the code on certain sites to get real money for it, not sure if it is against ToS, but I could almost believe it might be.
    It could be against TOS but it also would be legal under international Nice Agreement (Which US is signatory of) as well as European laws. Those laws supercede over whatever Blizzard writes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It could be against TOS but it also would be legal under international Nice Agreement (Which US is signatory of) as well as European laws. Those laws supercede over whatever Blizzard writes.
    As stated, not sure if it does but could almost believe it but in the end, it is just resale of digital products, which Steam had to bow down for if I recall?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm confused by the issue. You should be able to pay for game time with battle.net balance.

Honestly that's how I've been doing it for the past year or so since I could not find the 60 day prepaid cards anywhere anymore. Maybe that's the issue? Trying to pay recurring instead of 60 days prepaid?

Maybe try doing 60 days as an option if all else fails?

Best of luck to you, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As stated, not sure if it does but could almost believe it but in the end, it is just resale of digital products, which Steam had to bow down for if I recall?
    Digital goods are defined as goods under Nice agreement (to which there are over 100 countries signatory, including every single European country, US, Canada etc.) As such you hold ownership over any license you buy no matter the way you buy it. But yeah, it includes Steam too. EU has gone few steps further now and last month it was decided that once you've bought a license you can go as far as decompile it and start bugfixing broken/intended features by yourself regardless of companies throwing hissy fit about touching the code itself. Something to do with Right To Repair legistlations.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Call your bank and/or contact Blizzard.