1. #1
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,587

    World of Warcraft has hollywood nonsense changes

    WoW is becoming more like hollywood. 0 real worth changes to the game that has any real deal to the players.
    Alot of Hollywood style removal or changes due fear of backlash.

    Anything that has a negative chance on impact is being removed. Bigger removal of Immersion to the game as it already was an issue.
    Just to please some random BLM, LGBTQ+ people that nobody cares about. (Except Blizzard)

    Is Blizzard doomed due the fact they no longer think as a game company but more as hollywood?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    BLM
    Jesus fucking Christ, I'm begging you people to get your news from people other than The Quartering, this is so embarrassing.

  3. #3
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, I'm begging you people to get your news from people other than The Quartering, this is so embarrassing.
    The amount of black hairstyles, skin colors and other changes proves my point. How is this relevant in a game especially a MMORPG that is pure fantasy.

  4. #4
    I have popcorn if anyone wants it.

    Its Blizzards game, they can do what they want, as consumers we have 2 options, continue to go along with their direction, or quit, and go play something else.

    While I think they are being a little ridiculous with this sanitizing, I couldn't tell you the last time I used a lot of these emotes.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is becoming more like hollywood. 0 real worth changes to the game that has any real deal to the players.
    Alot of Hollywood style removal or changes due fear of backlash.

    Anything that has a negative chance on impact is being removed. Bigger removal of Immersion to the game as it already was an issue.
    Just to please some random BLM, LGBTQ+ people that nobody cares about. (Except Blizzard)

    Is Blizzard doomed due the fact they no longer think as a game company but more as hollywood?
    Companies want to make money. They can make money by marketing to broader groups of people than aggrieved, whiny white dudes who spend too much time online.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    I have popcorn if anyone wants it.

    Its Blizzards game, they can do what they want, as consumers we have 2 options, continue to go along with their direction, or quit, and go play something else.

    While I think they are being a little ridiculous with this sanitizing, I couldn't tell you the last time I used a lot of these emotes.
    Or exercise my freedom of speech and complain, it's not like this is a dictatorship where people either have to agree or be quiet.

    Forums are indeed a medium with which people can complain and exercise their right to freedom of speech

  7. #7
    The only value of this post is as proof that these issues need to be continuously and vigorously addressed.

    I have reported it for ridiculing minority issues and race baiting and I encourage anyone else to do so who feels similarly.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2021-10-07 at 05:16 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Or exercise my freedom of speech and complain, it's not like this is a dictatorship where people either have to agree or be quiet.

    Forums are indeed a medium with which people can complain and exercise their right to freedom of speech
    Except all of these threads are exactly the same, and end up all getting closed for the same reason. It has nothing to do with actual complaints so much as people bitching just to bitch. OP is now literally complaining about new hair styles and skin colors, the fucking horror, and totally something worthy of a complaint thread.

  9. #9
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    18,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The amount of black hairstyles, skin colors and other changes proves my point. How is this relevant in a game especially a MMORPG that is pure fantasy.
    It’s relevant because the game has always had black opinions those opinions were just awful ignoring them when doing a customization pass would be foolish.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  10. #10
    Do we really need ANOTHER thread about this?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The amount of black hairstyles, skin colors and other changes proves my point. How is this relevant in a game especially a MMORPG that is pure fantasy.
    because black people play the game???? should they not have representation? how the fuck does that take anything away from you?

    like holy shit dude you understand being black is not a political position, right? that's being a human being, that exists...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Or exercise my freedom of speech and complain, it's not like this is a dictatorship where people either have to agree or be quiet.

    Forums are indeed a medium with which people can complain and exercise their right to freedom of speech
    Off topic, but you think a forum on the Internet is covered by freedom of speech?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    I have popcorn if anyone wants it.

    Its Blizzards game, they can do what they want, as consumers we have 2 options, continue to go along with their direction, or quit, and go play something else.

    While I think they are being a little ridiculous with this sanitizing, I couldn't tell you the last time I used a lot of these emotes.

    While the dudes complaining on this isn't really that great, going full "DONT GIVE OPINIONS" is equally as dumb.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    Except all of these threads are exactly the same, and end up all getting closed for the same reason. It has nothing to do with actual complaints so much as people bitching just to bitch. OP is now literally complaining about new hair styles and skin colors, the fucking horror, and totally something worthy of a complaint thread.
    That's his opinion, people are allowed to speak their mind (however controversial their take might be).

    If you're so scared of speaking your mind that you'd rather just quit or be quiet, that's your problem; normal people don't have a problem giving their thoughts, however contrarian they might be

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is becoming more like hollywood. 0 real worth changes to the game that has any real deal to the players.
    Alot of Hollywood style removal or changes due fear of backlash.

    Anything that has a negative chance on impact is being removed. Bigger removal of Immersion to the game as it already was an issue.
    Just to please some random BLM, LGBTQ+ people that nobody cares about. (Except Blizzard)

    Is Blizzard doomed due the fact they no longer think as a game company but more as hollywood?
    As many times as you said "Hollywood" makes it sound like a proper noun. Makes me think of Hollywood Hulk Hogan or something.

    And how exactly does taking out outdated and not even funny sexual innuendo's and jokes "remove your immersion"? Warcraft is almost 20 years old at this point. People who were kids when they started playing are having kids now who are starting to play. Garrosh not callying Sylvanas a bitch does nothing for my immersion. Same for a pandaren making a breeding in captivity reference.

    There are a lot more pressing issues with Warcraft than some stupid emotes that are way past their prime.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    While the dudes complaining on this isn't really that great, going full "DONT GIVE OPINIONS" is equally as dumb.
    If they were actually constructive opinions, complaining about "black" hairstyles and skin colors is hardly constructive when this should have been in the game a long time ago. I'd agree about voicing worthwhile complaints over story/game play, etc, but as seen by the OPs extreme butt hurt, he's just mad that Blizzard is trying to open the game to more people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's his opinion, people are allowed to speak their mind (however controversial their take might be).

    If you're so scared of speaking your mind that you'd rather just quit or be quiet, that's your problem; normal people don't have a problem giving their thoughts, however contrarian they might be
    I'm not scared to speak my mind because 1. Blizzard doesn't give a shit what is posted here, and 2. Its more effective to vote with your wallet, because that is the only thing companies understand. But sure the same 5 people who open up bitch threads, can continue arguing with the same 5 people who disagree with them, and the mods will continue to keep closing these threads.
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Phayde; 2021-10-07 at 05:23 PM.

  17. #17
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is becoming more like hollywood. 0 real worth changes to the game that has any real deal to the players.
    Alot of Hollywood style removal or changes due fear of backlash.

    Anything that has a negative chance on impact is being removed. Bigger removal of Immersion to the game as it already was an issue.
    Just to please some random BLM, LGBTQ+ people that nobody cares about. (Except Blizzard)

    Is Blizzard doomed due the fact they no longer think as a game company but more as hollywood?
    Yeah, you're not going far with this topic.. Dipping those pinky toes in the radical territory of the pool, that tends to be the section smelling of pee too.

    The changes are not harming anything yet, not even immersion, as I've noticed. The only thing of immersion-breaking magnitude might be a few NPCs changing appearances.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  18. #18
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    36,596
    We already have several threads discussing the recent changes, we don't really need yet another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •