Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    so many words to say next to nothing. Seems like this won't be released until AT LEAST 2024. By then, Blizzard will either no longer exist or people just won't care anymore.
    Actually, theres quite a few interesting things here. You might not give a shit about it, and that fine.

These posts are great, its cool to get inside info about what they are doing and how. Some of it is quite funny too.

And if does release in 2024, so what? The important thing is that the game is worth the wait. You really think people wont care about the Diablo4 release? Alot of people will, if its gets released in 2022 or 2035. You might not care, and thats fine.

BTW - Blizzard aint going anywhere, so you can relax.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-10-08 at 04:18 PM.

How will the spineless cunts at blizzard wokeify this though? Imagine being as spineless as a blizzard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    you must be a troll.
    ye, d3 showed how "great" diablo was right?
    Great? No. Decent? Yes. Like what other 40$ game could give me so many hundreds of hours of fun? I enjoyed D3 before RoS (and after RoS also) and played it almost every day. I'm not a fan of rifts mechanic so basically it's dead for me now but again, I got hundreds of hours from it.

I did not expected to last it for like 20 years, so I'm not that dissapointed like some jaded people on this forum who justg trash everything only because its from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Great? No. Decent? Yes. Like what other 40$ game could give me so many hundreds of hours of fun? I enjoyed D3 before RoS (and after RoS also) and played it almost every day. I'm not a fan of rifts mechanic so basically it's dead for me now but again, I got hundreds of hours from it.

I did not expected to last it for like 20 years, so I'm not that dissapointed like some jaded people on this forum who justg trash everything only because its from Blizzard.
    Yeah I agree. D3 gave lots of play time. I guess maybe it's just a verbal thing, idk, but it's a bit weird to put hundreds of hours into only a "decent game".
    Surely it was more than "decent" for you? I think perhaps you conceded a bit too much to these jaded people? Or maybe you do put hundreds of hours into what you'd call decent, which is fine, just not how i'd use that term I guess.

I actually think it was a great game. I loved it; and don't really care if others didn't like it. It won't change how much fun I had with friends and family playing it. There are a few things that bothered me about it; but overall I had a ton of fun playing it. Loved it.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2021-10-08 at 05:01 PM.

Whelp guys you heard it here first - Diablo 4 HAS SOUND!!!!!

So they update us on sound but no ACTUAL update on the game like a damn release date. The gameplay better be incredible for a game taking years to make cause all of their other games have bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegresse View Post
    So they update us on sound but no ACTUAL update on the game like a damn release date. The gameplay better be incredible for a game taking years to make cause all of their other games have bombed.
    WOndering if guys like u are new to blizzard. Diablo 3 took 4 years from announcement till release. Starcraft 2 took 3 years. etc.

Game is done when its done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    WOndering if guys like u are new to blizzard. Diablo 3 took 4 years from announcement till release. Starcraft 2 took 3 years. etc.

Game is done when its done.
    No that was the old Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wasn't the famous lightsaber sound effects when they're waved around in the air created by waving an unshielded microphone in front of a TV?
    Close, the sound designer for the original trilogy has explained that, he started with the sound of an electric motor in a movie theater he worked at, and then swung a mic at a speaker playing the hum to get the Doppler effect of the lightsaber swinging. I did some digging and found a vid for you, where he talks about it, and shows him using the synth he made R2D2's voice with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKKXjNf1sE

Sound design is fascinating, they just record everything and can visualize building on top of it, or mixing it with other things, to get fluid, believable sound fx.

I still can't wrap my head around the Tie Fighter sound being based on an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Diablo 4 is looking fucking SWEET.
    Can't wait! Day 1 preorder on the physical CE, hope it's being made.
    Of course they're going to make it, rubes like you exist to buy it up no matter how trash the game and/or company is

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    you must be a troll.
    ye, d3 showed how "great" diablo was right?
    First they released diablo 3 in the state it came in, then they fixed the game and over the first year it sold 20 million copies and was the most selling pc game of all time and then they released reaper of souls which sold a shitton more. So yea, D3 was great and i for one cannot wait for d4. In the meantime, we got d2r

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Probably Blizzard's track record for the past several years? I am hoping for the best for D4 obviously, but I'll be honest I have little to no faith going into this.
    Well, their track record with diablo is the highest selling pc game of all times (been surpassed now). So i don't think we have much to worry about

Yeah because D3 is hailed as one of the best games in history right? It wasn't marred by drama when it first released (irl money AH comes to mind immediately) and Blizz didn't have to do a 180 on a lot of things in order to 'save' the game...

Do I really have to use the Justin Beiber metaphor on you? Highest selling =/= highest quality.
    terrible.

And then there's the Diablo Immortal fiasco...yeah you're right their track record for Diablo recently is really spotless lol
    Except when it comes to videogames, Its rather easy to get info about the state of the game and the game didn't just sell a shitton at release. it crept up to that number. Meaning people kept buying after more and more info about the game became available. Wouldn't really happen now would it if the game was shit and everyone knew it was shit. would it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So just for one second and stop relax just chill..... And lets break this all down.
    1st that is some great music for a pre-alpha release!
    2nd All of the videos themselves are really really polished!
    3rd Music is the LAST thing to be made to complement the scenery that the Alpha testers played......
    Blizzard is strongly and I mean STRONGLY hinting at a Jan or possibly March Release and in the very near future like say I don't know this tuesday or maybe by no later than say 3 weeks the full reveal and Beta testing will begin soon after. With a Great more than positive D4 will launch JUST AFTER BLIZCON !!!!!!!! Open World huh ???? LOL Try World of DiabloCRAFT !!!!

Yeah because D3 is hailed as one of the best games in history right? It wasn't marred by drama when it first released (irl money AH comes to mind immediately) and Blizz didn't have to do a 180 on a lot of things in order to 'save' the game...

Do I really have to use the Justin Beiber metaphor on you? Highest selling =/= highest quality.
    terrible.

And then there's the Diablo Immortal fiasco...yeah you're right their track record for Diablo recently is really spotless lol
    Why it have to be "one of the best in history" tho? Like seriously dude, you didn't like D3, ok, thats your bussiness. But alot of players enjoyed it and are still playing it. And even later people who already had D3 on PC bought it on console. Years after release. That does not look like shit game to me.

And btw about irl AH, I did not had anything against it. It bought for me few games at the time. Being able to sell some things for irl money while just enjoying the game was a nice bonus for me.

terrible.

The fact remains though that they did a 180° turn and saved the game and made it great. It's above decent.
    Reaper of Souls made good sales 2 years later. If the game didn't turn into a success, no one would've bought it.

In that case, sales do hint at the game's quality.

I trust these numbers more than your biased opinion. But we both know that you are just here to start some shit, don't we?
    D3 is without a doubt one of the best ARPGs we've seen in the last 20 years.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-09 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Yeah I agree. D3 gave lots of play time. I guess maybe it's just a verbal thing, idk, but it's a bit weird to put hundreds of hours into only a "decent game".
    Surely it was more than "decent" for you? I think perhaps you conceded a bit too much to these jaded people? Or maybe you do put hundreds of hours into what you'd call decent, which is fine, just not how i'd use that term I guess.

I actually think it was a great game. I loved it; and don't really care if others didn't like it. It won't change how much fun I had with friends and family playing it. There are a few things that bothered me about it; but overall I had a ton of fun playing it. Loved it.
    That doesn't necesseraly needs to be that way. I hated D3 and still hate it for what it is, and it's one of the games that disappointed me most in my life. I even gave it a second chance with RoS and i still believe that game is hot garbage in my book.

But i do enjoy D2R and i'm playing the shit out of that game.

You can just dont like D3 and that's it. Sky isn't falling. You don't have to be a "BlIz SuX hAtoR". D4, i might or might not like it. We'll see, too son.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Actually, theres quite a few interesting things here. You might not give a shit about it, and that fine.

These posts are great, its cool to get inside info about what they are doing and how. Some of it is quite funny too.

And if does release in 2024, so what? The important thing is that the game is worth the wait. You really think people wont care about the Diablo4 release? Alot of people will, if its gets released in 2022 or 2035. You might not care, and thats fine.

BTW - Blizzard aint going anywhere, so you can relax.
    MOST people don't care about this shit especially because they are saying next to nothing about the game. And based on the fact that people are becoming increasingly unhappy with Blizzard, you really think they're not going in the shitter soon? You are incredibly naive. There's droves of people who already don't give a shit about D4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darrick316 View Post
    So just for one second and stop relax just chill..... And lets break this all down.
    1st that is some great music for a pre-alpha release!
    2nd All of the videos themselves are really really polished!
    3rd Music is the LAST thing to be made to complement the scenery that the Alpha testers played......
    Blizzard is strongly and I mean STRONGLY hinting at a Jan or possibly March Release and in the very near future like say I don't know this tuesday or maybe by no later than say 3 weeks the full reveal and Beta testing will begin soon after. With a Great more than positive D4 will launch JUST AFTER BLIZCON !!!!!!!! Open World huh ???? LOL Try World of DiabloCRAFT !!!!
    This isn't happening no matter how much bold font you use.

MOST people don't care about this shit especially because they are saying next to nothing about the game. And based on the fact that people are becoming increasingly unhappy with Blizzard, you really think they're not going in the shitter soon? You are incredibly naive. There's droves of people who already don't give a shit about D4.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't happening no matter how much bold font you use.
    You(we) who ventures these forums on a daily basis and actually take part in threads should always remind ourself that we are a tiny, tiny % of those who engage with Blizzard games. As an adecdotal point; I have several friends who play one or several Blizzard games. Non of them give two shits about wowhead, mmochamp or whatever other Blizzard game related sites, even other gaming sites. They play games and decide themself it they want to play or not, not giving a singel flip about finding out about Blizzards internal affairs.

I would vager thats most people. Most people either dont know or simply dont care. If Blizzard releases a quality 10.0 in wow & a really good D4 no one is going to give two flips about the stuff going on in 2021. Only forum dwellers like us will remember and even fewer will bother to talk about it on the web.

yes right now Blizzard is in a lull. Things changes fast though, and in a year time things might look very different. No matter how much you want it not to.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You(we) who ventures these forums on a daily basis and actually take part in threads should always remind ourself that we are a tiny, tiny % of those who engage with Blizzard games. As an adecdotal point; I have several friends who play one or several Blizzard games. Non of them give two shits about wowhead, mmochamp or whatever other Blizzard game related sites, even other gaming sites. They play games and decide themself it they want to play or not, not giving a singel flip about finding out about Blizzards internal affairs.

I would vager thats most people. Most people either dont know or simply dont care. If Blizzard releases a quality 10.0 in wow & a really good D4 no one is going to give two flips about the stuff going on in 2021. Only forum dwellers like us will remember and even fewer will bother to talk about it on the web.

yes right now Blizzard is in a lull. Things changes fast though, and in a year time things might look very different. No matter how much you want it not to.
    I don't see anything changing. Also, it's not just these forums that people are abandoning Blizzard. I'm in several discord servers and other gaming groups. Next to nobody wants anything to do with Blizzard anymore after how much they have shit on WoW, the lawsuits this year, the bull shit "progress" on OW 2 and D4, and their shit customer service.

10.0 will not be good if BfA and SL are an example of what Blizzard makes now. I also don't see D4 being any kind of quality either. So you're wrong about "only the forum dwellers caring". Because a lot more people are fed up with Blizzard than people on these forums want to acknowledge.

I don't see anything changing. Also, it's not just these forums that people are abandoning Blizzard. I'm in several discord servers and other gaming groups. Next to nobody wants anything to do with Blizzard anymore after how much they have shit on WoW, the lawsuits this year, the bull shit "progress" on OW 2 and D4, and their shit customer service.

10.0 will not be good if BfA and SL are an example of what Blizzard makes now. I also don't see D4 being any kind of quality either. So you're wrong about "only the forum dwellers caring". Because a lot more people are fed up with Blizzard than people on these forums want to acknowledge.
    But thats my point - you dont really know how D4, OW2 or 10.0 wow will be. I hated wow shortly after WoD launched and was unsubbed for over a year, since I thought that xpac was dogshit. Then out of nowhere Blizzard delivers a quality xpac in Legion. BfA wasnt bad all the time, but SL is up there with WoD thats for sure.

Anyway, as I said in the previous post people will come back and play Blizzard games if the games are good. If every gamer were to be some kind of virtue online soldier, they should probably take a step back and realise most games(even the machines they play on) got some ethical issues with it. Especially the big games. Blizzard is not the sole company out there doing questionable things.

Its easy for people to hate and boycott Blizzard right now cause the games they deliver arent great. If that changes, so does people. Thats just how it goes. It would be very easy for me to boycott lets say EA games right now, cause I dont play or like any of the games they have right now.

How can you know D4 wont be quality? How? How can you know OW2 wont be quality? How can you know 10.0 cant be quality? You dont, and thats very important here. Non of us know.