Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Which is only in response to the people claiming the obvious.. "that's your opinion" .. yeah, hell yeah, every discussion is about opinions, whether they are about opinions on fact, fiction, statistics, or otherwise. Even scientists can't agree on one thing based on the same data.

It is all about discussing points from a pov that is severely subjective. I like PoE and Grim Dawn, I absolutely detest D3 for being a mindless simplified console gamer ARPG (which is likely why it's loved so much), even though it has kept me occupied for a few hundred hours. People actually think and believe that doing a single thing ad infinitum in D3 is "end-game" and better end-game than Diablo 2. Get out of here . Yeah, I love D2 and the only reason I quit back then, is because I trusted a friend with my accounts and he stole everything I had. That gave me such a punch in the stomach, I couldn't keep going. But now it's back, holy moly.
    I'm glad you have at least given all the games you're talking about a fair try ... I just don't get the point in mentioning opinion as a rebuttal at all, lol, like thats what this whole forum is, opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    How can I "figure out" what you're talking about if you won't explain anything whatsoever?

Is this about the Blizzard sexual harassment issue? Vicarious Vision is separate from Blizzard, most of the people are different as far I know. You should only judge a game based on its independent merit and not based on associations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim
    There will never be a moment in time where i'm not subbed to WoW.
    I pay in 6 month blocks, and I always pay with real money.
    To get as much entertainment out of a game for less than 15 dollars a month as this game offers is a steal. I honestly think they could raise the price of the sub and still do just fine. I know i'd pay for it.
    Let's pretend he's being serious and he's not getting paid somehow. For people like this, wow went down the drain. "Let's release half assed shit, who cares? dimwits will keep subbing cause we are selling literal digital cocaine"

What's there not to like, huh?

Grim Dawn is my favorite one.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm glad you have at least given all the games you're talking about a fair try ... I just don't get the point in mentioning opinion as a rebuttal at all, lol, like thats what this whole forum is, opinions.
    Wouldn't have much to discuss on a forum, if there were no opinions

i highly prefer d2r it's an excellent reskin of a classic game. it's how i'd love to see classic games updated letting you play how you want to. people here feel it's too restrictive. that's what's fun about it. it's literally you versus hell. find your exits or make your own because things can go sideways in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Even the god awful story?
    Like the story in 1 and 2 was that good. Incredibly short and simple in all games. And its rather sad, as the lore is pretty damn big

For me I prefer the feel of Diablo 2. While the game is dated and I love the game purely for nostalgia reasons. The atmosphere kicks Diablo 3's cartoon high fantasy style out of the water. Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 seemed very gothic fantasy horror, while Diablo 3 felt very super hero high fantasy. Nothing wrong with that but it isnt the Diablo I love. Diablo 4 looks to return Diablo 2 to its more horror roots which makes me very happy.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Like the story in 1 and 2 was that good. Incredibly short and simple in all games. And its rather sad, as the lore is pretty damn big
    I never said it was a masterpiece. Or that any of Blizzard's writing is for that matter. But Blizzard tends to do a lot better with narratives that are simple as opposed to when they try to be creative and just fail miserably. D3's story isn't even creative however, its just plain bad.