Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly think u are trolling, even non gamers and main news media are exposing how Bobby Kodick put satan in shame and how actiblizz employees take vacation from blizzard and go hell for a better environment
    SL while so far seems ok-ish, future is pitch black and doubt it will be better, best advice as many said either play it for older content (which is big wtf u play then SL) or wait next exp maybe it gets better?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    44million. Not four million and four hundred thousand, but 44,000,000 players.
    Saw that number, figured its a typo

As for if its worth it, its entirely subjective. At the moment i personally dont think so.

These forums are a perfect example of horseshoe theory. "Wow is dead" people and "everything is fine while the house is burning" are both insufferable.

The truth is Shadowlands is WoD 2.0 and Activision is about to EA blizzard unless they get their act together. Currently the game is a mess. 9.1.5 is a step in the right direction but its horribly late. Currently you have about of a months worth of gameplay that has been stretched to 6 months by timegating.
    As a player who has done a bit of everything in every expansion from since closed beta id say dont bother until 9.2. unless you have friends who are actively playing ATM.
    The current pugging climate and LFR is horrible. Everybody is on edge from M+ and some vent it out in LFR because they need the shards from raids that didnt drop from their weekly raid.
    Economy is a bit better since flying was unlocked but botting druids are still everywhere and AH prices for legendaries is almost wow token a piece

MAUs aren't players - they're multiplied by amount of games and platforms. MAUs also =/= active users, because MAU = logging into game once in a quarter. So MAUs =/= revenue, as you would expect from sub numbers.

Overall I think, that neither now, nor 9.1.5 aren't good time to buy SL. If you don't like current content and didn't like Mage Tower back in Legion - 9.1.5 won't change anything for you, as it doesn't provide any fixes for Korthia, Maw, WQs, Anima grind and Choreghast. If you're casual player, you don't need min-maxing via constant Covenant and conduit changes. So major 9.1.5 changes aren't for you.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-10-11 at 08:51 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Try it out in 9.1.5 I would say. I recently finished the Korthia grind to unlock 6/6 upgrades and it took me the past 2-3 months to be fair... a very zzz slug fest but if you enjoy some Torghast, random bg's and SLOWLY upg your char over time I guess it's worth it?

If you don't Raid in WoW atm it's mostly a waste of time in terms of how slow you progress. RBG's and Arena is full of boosters and you have literally no chance to progress.
    Good thing I found Amazon's New world and haven't even logged into wow in the past week or so. At this point I'm just letting my remaining 2 months expire and will MAYBE try out the mage tower challenges when they come live or 10.0

WoW is a slow dying mammoth at this point RIP

150 posts. great! its genius what a thread is produced by a question like the OPs one.

if OP would be a Blizzard employee, to find out the lie of the land, or if OP would be a troll, just to trigger all the white knights and complainers, they could not do it better than that. great!

it seems the 80s definitely were right when saying „opinions are like buttholes. everybody has one.“
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-11 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    because MAU = logging into game once in a quarter..
    That's not quite right. MAUs for a quarter are computed by averaging the MAUs for each month in the quarter. So if you log in just once in a quarter, you are 1/3 of a MAU.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This is honestly the worst forum to ask whether WoW is worth playing. The amount of salt from the posters here would kill off every freshwater fish on the planet.

WoW is not in the best place right now, but 9.1.5 will make it better for a lot of folks. You can feel the Activision/Blizzard lawsuit tension in the air though, and although there's a lot to do, things feel 'off'.

To me, it feels a lot like the latter Warlords of Draenor era where people are just raidlogging, recruitment is a mess and my guild is going though a fuckton of drama. It doesn't help that all of my favorite PvP folks went Horde either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This is honestly the worst forum to ask whether WoW is worth playing. The amount of salt from the posters here would kill off every freshwater fish on the planet.

WoW is not in the best place right now, but 9.1.5 will make it better for a lot of folks. You can feel the Activision/Blizzard lawsuit tension in the air though, and although there's a lot to do, things feel 'off'.

To me, it feels a lot like the latter Warlords of Draenor era where people are just raidlogging, recruitment is a mess and my guild is going though a fuckton of drama. It doesn't help that all of my favorite PvP folks went Horde either.
    I'll be the first one to hate on things like stupid convoluted systems and blizzards endgame system designers that clearly don't play their own game BUT...

Even at a full price you'll very likely get your moneys worth out of WoW, especially if you've been away for a few years.

There has been no better time to play Shadowlands than right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    SL is a really, really bad expansion and wow is in the worst state it has ever been.
    That being said, if you just play everything that is not SL or BfA, you will have a great time with thousands of hours of fun.
    Just don't touch the last 2 expansions.
    that's some stupid advice, BFA was bad but i don't think its fair to make this statement about it

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard to say to someone. Especially when this xpac is super fun. Never tell someone not to try something just cause..."you" do not like it. Everyone I know loves it and we are mythic raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the 44mil players they have currently will tell you otherwise. They literally released a statement with how many people are playing.

The only people on here sprouting this nonsense about wow dying are in the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the 44mil player turd? That one. Blizz released a post and in it they stared how many current players they have. No toons or subs but players.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the single most dumb thing I have ever read.
    I got 44 million problems but a decent game ain't one. Where do people like you even come up with these figures?

Tbh, you should just try the game yourself. People are very jaded about the game now. Either they support the game to death or they hate it with a passion. A select few people are obsessed and have a burning desire to see the game finally die off and vanish. Dont know why people have the need for it, but there you go.

On topic:
    SL has decent leveling, the dungeons & raids are cool(as always). It gets a bit tedious to gear up etc at max lvl, but it all depends what you want to get out of the game. If clearing everything on low difficulty is the goal, its no problem.

Also, last couple of xpacs there been a trend were the best time to play is during the last major patch. In SL that might be 9.2, but we dont know yet.

All in all - its really your choice. If you want to play, great! If not, thats also great. Wether or not others like/dislike a game should never jade our view of choice of entertainment(cause thats what it is).

wait for next expansion honestly, SL isnt worth investing into, its pretty much WoD 2.0 but worse

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Don't bother, you're not going to get much return if you only intend to play for a month or so. The majority of the systems are structured to require you to spend at least 2-3 months playing to get caught up just on gear.
    Majority? Just give example of one system that would require me to spend 2-3 months playing to caught up just on gear if I sub today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Majority? Just give example of one system that would require me to spend 2-3 months playing to caught up just on gear if I sub today.
    That would require gearing be possible through only one system in a relatively short amount of time, which was my entire point. You aren't going to get caught up on gear in less than that unless you're really lucky or willing to sink a massive amount of time into grinding the gear out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That would require gearing be possible through only one system in a relatively short amount of time, which was my entire point. You aren't going to get caught up on gear in less than that unless you're really lucky or willing to sink a massive amount of time into grinding the gear out.
    So you will give me example of that system or not? Catch up gear is like 210-220 - that require 2-3 months grinding for you?

Maybe 12.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

No its not worth it. Your memories are of a game that no longer exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Kinda like people who talk about about PvP balance but don't even have over 1k rating in arena.

Or the people that talk about lack of content yet only have 15k max on achievement points and have never cleared a full zone in quests.

and if alts are your thing, Shadowlands is one of the best expacs for leveling them. On top of .5 adding more QoL. Heck, I play one toon and find plenty to do between helping out friends/guildies, playing old content and making gold so i can keep adding to my balance. Wish the cap wasn't 350$ lol

1. I wonder what's your pvp exp when you defend it so boldly.

2. I do agree about "not having what to do" tho. I enjoy collecting achies/pets/mounts/tmogs. (Sitting @ ~32k achi)

3. Wait, WHAT?! SL is great for lvling alts?!

I gave up after 4th alt because I can't listen to Maw intro anymore. Not to mention how unrewarding dungeons are when you level through the fate of threads.
    NOT EVEN TO MENTION battleground lvling where you get 2-4% EXP PER BATTLEGROUND WIN! Which may take 20-30-40 mins.... AND IT'S NOT EVEN GUARANTEE!