10+ Year Old Account

new customization idea

Just idea hit my head, why my mage is as physically fit as my warrior
    Why blizz never introduced change of body size? It doesn't make sense that a priest is exactly as fit as a paladin, yeah it is fantasy game, but even in fantasy u don't see a beefed mage who is as muscled as the tank of group (did anyone even imagine his fantasy mage in Big Ramy body figure?)
    It would be an amazing idea to add new body types, make tanks slightly fat for example, rogues smaller slimmer, etc
    if the problem is armor design and how it will fit, then just shrink (just slightly) cloth users vs plate users, just any indication that my mage doesn't spend his offline time hitting the gym to stay able to arm wrestle any warrior he sees and maybe even win
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I doubt any sliders could be added to WoW, but they could've added different models. When thin humans were datamined, I thought it would have been cool if human characters (Stormwind, Gilnean, or Kul'tiran) could go to the barber shop and pick between the three different body types (default, fat, or thin).

They should've add more customization instead of allied races. The whole idea of alied races is riduculous.

But I guess people wouldn't pay for the race changes then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They should've add more customization instead of allied races. The whole idea of alied races is riduculous.
    Yeah. Dark Iron Dwarf should've been a customization option for Dwarves. Same with Mechagnomes, Zandalari, Mag'har, and Highmountain. Only Allied race that really stands on its own is Vulpera.

An idea but the problem is that WoW engine barely holds together as it is and would need another revamp on a larger scale to work.

People have wanted body sliders/types since forever, I can't see it happening now. It does feel bad to play a mage that looks like he eats steroids for breakfast.

Errm... yeah body sliders would make sense if you didn't have over 20 races (and two genders of each)... So if we wanted slim, fat and average of every model, you would need like over 60 new models.

I'd rather have more races than being able to pick between slim and fat. If it bothers you your human mage is a muscle beef then pick blood elf or a female, or a gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Why blizz never introduced change of body size? It doesn't make sense that a priest is exactly as fit as a paladin, yeah it is fantasy game, but even in fantasy u don't see a beefed mage who is as muscled as the tank of group (did anyone even imagine his fantasy mage in Big Ramy body figure?)
    It would be an amazing idea to add new body types, make tanks slightly fat for example, rogues smaller slimmer, etc
    if the problem is armor design and how it will fit, then just shrink (just slightly) cloth users vs plate users, just any indication that my mage doesn't spend his offline time hitting the gym to stay able to arm wrestle any warrior he sees and maybe even win
    Honestly, when Kul Tiras was announced, and the Kul Tiran bodies within, I thought we would get both. I mean, we are most likely never gonna get those sliders but having a selection of Skinny human, normal human, and bulky human, would've been fine with me - especially if you could translate that into Gilnean (Worgen) shapes too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    An idea but the problem is that WoW engine barely holds together as it is and would need another revamp on a larger scale to work.
    we talk about a crap solution but at least a start, just resize the already existing model to be slightly smaller, same everything
    human mage specially looks ridiculous, not talking about orc mage whose biceps looks like it can rip a warrior gnome head from his shoulders easily, and he has 5% str of that warrior
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Because they decided to make physically distinct races instead, compared to many other MMORPGs who just have different ears on the same basic body.

If they ever added upright Forsaken, then thin humans would be easy peasy.

Because according to Kul Tirans, fat people are entirely new species apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Sliders would be a challenge, but there's no issues with the engine if they added selectable body type. The only real challenge is he creation of so many new models, and then the art assets and rigging, especially to make sure that armor looked decent on all of them.

The problem is the amount of work, not so much the technology.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine a skinny worgen that stands upright. It would look all regal and classy, perfect for caster classes.