Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've grown into Hunter as a class. Though I do miss the old pet training system having played one on Classic now too. Also the old Survival, loved me the Black Arrow spec. Should have made Beast Mastery the melee spec. Like Rexxar.

Also still a fan of Warlock.

On the "ha ha I'll talk about 14" side, Machinist and Red Mage.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Well you didn't specify that it had to be WoW
    Well, it is the wow forum to be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    On the "ha ha I'll talk about 14" side, Machinist and Red Mage.
    I liked the original Summoner and Scholar. The new versions with the build-spend design and the shitty pets, I do not like.

Tough choice between hunter and mage. Hunter is fun for me because it's easymode out in the world and I like the symbiosis with the pet. I hate that two pets is the optimal DPS for BM though, the visual clutter of them can be annoying. Mage because teleports and fun spells, and their gear looks pretty good. Think I'll go with mage.

Shaman and Monk. Just love the Shaman lore from start to finish and always ever since loved Restoration when they based it around healing waters. I love Mistweaver Monk as well, because the theme around the class is so mysterious and cool. Don't like the other two specs though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    It used to be hunter, until Legion, and since then I've been mostly a fan of the shaman.

I love that shamans are quite unique with their totems, even though the totem aspect has been downplayed a lot lately. But nothing can beat the satisfaction of tossing lava in someone's face, smacking them with a hammer or clawed fist, or bring the whole raid back from the brink of death with Healing Tide totem.
    The lore with the elements and visual identity of the class is also great and my tauren shaman loves her job very much.
    Imo Ghost Wolf is underrated and we deserve new looks for it.
    Also Gust of Wind is sorely missed.

I also loved hunter because it was fun having an animal companion and ranged weapons. I started as hunter back in Vanilla so I have seen everything the class had to offer through the years, with the MoP iteration being my absolute favourite. There is just something so satisfying with summoning your whole stable and watch them ravage your enemy while you run around peppering them with arrows or bullets. Not so fun since WoD/Legion though. Still don't think the class is in a very good spot.
    The lore was always simple but fun; you're a hunter, you live off what you kill and you respect the nature around you.
    Still has the shittiest class sets of any class, with a few good ones like Demonstalker and tier 19.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played, I found myself returning to my oldest character everytime, which was a Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Still has the shittiest class sets of any class, with a few good ones like Demonstalker and tier 19.
    Mog runs as a hunter are truly depressing.

' World of Warcraft» General Discussions'
    how silly of him

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Mog runs as a hunter are truly depressing.
    They are, leeching set pieces off shaman tiers only go so far before you run out of options.

Enhancement Shaman. You are kinda like a Warrior but you have the elements assisting you, you can heal, you summon wolves and you can transform in one yourself.

Hunter because you can catch them all.

I mean you can't, but if you break them down into categories and dedicate hunter alts to catching them, you get pretty nice stables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently unsure. Playstyle-wise, Wrath (arpen) Feral Druid, Cata Survival Hunter, late WoD Holy Paladin, all for different reasons.

Thematically, Warlock followed by Paladin.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well, it is the wow forum to be fair...
    Yeah I know, but since it's a jaylock thread ;-)

Its the wow forum

Gotta be Paladin for me. Simplistic, awesome spell effects, fulfills all three roles and is very good at all of them.

Second is Demon Hunter for similar reasons, but their abilities are just beautiful. Meta, Blade Dance, Eye Beam, all so good. Also awesome mobility with Fel Rush, double jump and Glide. In fact, when I dropped my Paladin in 8.1 for the rest of BfA, I switched to DH the rest of the expansion until Paladins felt good to play again in Shadowlands.

Never mained any ranged simply because I get bored easily with the turret playstyle. Other melee classes didn't feel fun to play for me for one reason or another besides maybe Enhancement Shaman.

Demon Hunters for lore purposes, Rogue because of class fantasy.

I always loved playing thieves or outcasts, speaks to a certain part of me (I'm an ambivert I think, I can speak to people and carry a convo very well but there's a side of me that also likes to be alone or an outcast of sorts). DH's and Rogues fit those to a T.

Yeah I know, but since it's a jaylock thread ;-)
    Jaylock hated the game (and especially MoP for whatever reason). There was at least a bit of nuance to Jaylock's threads. This dude is just a guy who likes WoW posting on a forum full of people who mostly seem to hate WoW. That doesn't make him a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play every class and when they're not nerfed to heck (current DHs) I enjoy each one. my favorite probably varies based on FOTM factors. I'd say currently it's probably hunter (MM) it has a pet to keep aggro off me, it's nice and OP damage-wise at least in solo-pve. with pathfinder (trailblazer?) it's got stupid fast movement speed. it has some passive healing and heroism with a cat pet and a decent heal on CD. and finally it has an aggro drop (or 2 if you're NE like one of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    posting on a forum full of people who mostly seem to hate WoW
    MMO-C users don't hate WoW. They wouldn't continue posting unless they loved it and wished for it to get better.