Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty sure 14 year olds aren't the target metroid audience even if the game is rated T for T. It's a core gamer franchise with it's last main 2D entry being released before any 14 year was born. They also weren't born when Prime 3 was released, and they where 3 when Other M came out. Metroid is too rare of a series to be attracting an age group like that. The target audience is probably in their late 20s to mid 30s, you know the people who have actually played Metroid games.
    why shouldnt a 14 year old buy some new game ppl call „good“ and thats on the news and have some nice cover? its like sayin 14 year old never will watch star wars. and besides that: to „know“ they are not the target audience they should exactly do what OP said ppl did not.

    imo what you say, even when the base of it is true, makes no sense and is not reality.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    why shouldnt a 14 year old buy some new game ppl call „good“ and thats on the news and have some nice cover? its like sayin 14 year old never will watch star wars. and besides that: to „know“ they are not the target audience they should exactly do what OP said ppl did not.

    imo what you say, even when the base of it is true, makes no sense and is not reality.
    Where are all these 14 year olds buying Metroid Dread and complaining about it? The OP is talking about mostly grown ass adults, in case you missed that part. You seem to be making some wild ass assumption its only 14 year olds buying the game, when the under 18 crowd is probably a vast minority for this game. There might be a handful of younger crowd picking up the game but to them it would look weird and dated for the most part. Metroid is not like Zelda, Pokemon or Mario that has constant releases and keep all generations engaged with it, franchise is few and far between and has been almost non existent in the entire life of a 14 year old, thinking they are out in droves buying this game and complaining about it would be a foolish mistake.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-14 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Where are all these 14 year olds buying Metroid Dread and complaining about it? The OP is talking about mostly grown ass adults, in case you missed that part. You seem to be making some wild ass assumption its only 14 year olds buying the game, when the under 18 crowd is probably a vast minority for this game. There might be a handful of younger crowd picking up the game but to them it would look weird and dated for the most part. Metroid is not like Zelda, Pokemon or Mario that has constant releases and keep all generations engaged with it, franchise is few and far between and has been almost non existent in the entire life of a 14 year old, thinking they are out in droves buying this game and complaining about it would be a foolish mistake.
    why we solely talk about 14 year old? never said that. why i even talk with someone like you? sorry, waste of time. i never wanted to discuss about such shit in the first place, as my post1 showed. so, here, speak to the hand. bb

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're not exactly describing "research" though. A game present itself as the genre it is. You normally don't have to look up anything about the game to find out what kind of game it is. If you have to, that's probably a failing on the company for advertising the game incorrectly.

    The only time I look into games past the trailers honestly is if it's a game that I don't think I would normally enjoy.
    Well I didn't try to describe research, but buying a game without looking to far into it can get you into trouble. Even within a series or genre, games change to take a change of pace, think the change from Resident Evil 3 to 4, or the big change from WC3 to WoW. You could see Warcraft and just go buy it, but you would be in for a surprise if you were expecting an RTS.

    I didn't see how this game was marketed, but they could have had "Going back to the Metroid roots! No more easy mode" in the gameplay trailer that some people didn't watch... and those people might complain. I'm not sure of what kind of argument anyone can make against doing a little research before you buy.

  5. #45
    I did a lot of research and was even in the beta for Rift. Rift and Aion still turned out to be garbage.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I did a lot of research and was even in the beta for Rift. Rift and Aion still turned out to be garbage.
    Yeah I'm going to say MMO's are the HUGE outlier for this. Since they are evergoing and you don't know what or where it's going to go in a few months to a year no amount of research is going to save you on a new game. Make things worse the longer you wait the more stuff you miss. It's not like a single player game where "Oh everyone say's its good and it seems to fit my playstyle I'll give it a shot" MMO's practically REQUIRE other people for the experience to be worth anything.

  7. #47
    I will never preorder anything anymore.
    Now i always wait until first opinions from players (not shill reviewers that can be bought for good score).
    Watch videos, streams and wait if the servers (if it is multiplayer game) are stable.
    It is sad that people buy all of these shitty titles blindly believing it will be good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •