Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gender discussion is a forbidden topic. Please take care when posting.

I would like to say something about it but thats literally impossible without mentioning the T in the issue xd

Oh well, sucks to be that I guess (On texas which made it harder)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I think Texas Republicans are bitter that others don't have to live obvious lies like they do. Why should trans people get to be who they really are, when Texas Republicans have to pretend that Covid isn't a legit threat, or act like the election was fraudulent and Trump actually won? It's not fair, I tells ya!
    If some Republicans in office feel they have to hide that they are misogynists, racists, rapists, and/or pederasts, then those kids should have to hide who they really are too.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I would like to say something about it but thats literally impossible without mentioning the T in the issue xd

Oh well, sucks to be that I guess (On texas which made it harder)
    You can just say you're a terf, we would know where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I think it's important to remember that they don't hate kids.
    No, they hate kids. It's pretty fuckin clear.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Just in case anyone could ever forget, for Republicans cruelty is not a bug it is a feature in everything they do in life.

http://https://www.yahoo.com/news/te...005603852.html

So Abbott removed one of the few government run programs that actually helped LGBTQ+ children because his primary opponent Don Huffines accused Abbott of being a transgender advocate because there was a government run suicide hotline for children. In a hold my beer moment in "Monster of the year" considerations Abbott's people took down the hotline and website so as shut down Huffines accusations. It is tough to tell who is more of a monster DeSantis or Abbott because they fight hard to one up each other. Sadly much like the schlocky guilty pleasure Aliens V. Predator movie tagline "Whoever wins... We lose".

Never, EVER forget, that cruelty is not a bug but always and most definitely the feature for Republicans.
    So the broader picture here to remember is that when the GOP gets attacked, they go deeper neo-con. They will continue to slide farther and farther towards the red light of Gilead.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So the broader picture here to remember is that when the GOP gets attacked, they go deeper neo-con. They will continue to slide farther and farther towards the red light of Gilead.
    "Someone accused me of being tolerant and we can't have that! Quick, do something pointlessly cruel, preferably targeting a vulnerable part of the population. I'll show them to learn better than accuse me of tolerance." - Gregg Abbott, 2021, apparently.

Seriously, I never once thought anyone could connect a physical disability like losing control of your legs with a mental disability like being a hateful retard. But Abbott and Madison Cawthorn seem to be doing their best to connect those dots.

The only reason I'd find this acceptable is if they rolled the support up into the general support so that it applies to and caters to everyone, because they're all people. They of course didn't do that.

trans ideology is the new "gay agenda"... AKA daring to ask, or ever more brazenly DEMMAND to be treated with the bare minimum amount of respect any human being deserves.

I just feel bad for all the decent people who can't escape that sweaty gross arm pit of a state.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    trans ideology is the new "gay agenda"... AKA daring to ask, or ever more brazenly DEMMAND to be treated with the bare minimum amount of respect any human being deserves.

I just feel bad for all the decent people who can't escape that sweaty gross arm pit of a state.
    And TX had a real chance to go blue state-wide. That dream is dead now, for at least a decade or more. And it may not be possible with the draconian voting laws in place to climb back up. The only hope are the huge numbers of people moving to TX - perhaps they will turn the tide.

The GOP’s only unifying ideology is punching down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Trans ideology" basically just meaning "trans people want to, like, live normal lives like everyone else". That's the horrible thing that Texas Republicans oppose.
    All they want is, "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness". And Texas just took away access to a vehicle for it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Gender discussion is a forbidden topic. Please take care when posting.
    You can’t really debate whether the action was appropriate (taking down a website to review its content when the website also included a suicide help number) within the strictures of these debate parameters.

I’ll reserve judgement in this bash-fest on Texas, Republicans, and Abbott until more information comes out about who made the decision and any changes in the website and reporting following content review. I will however note that the website still features a number for Texas Youth Services, obviously able to direct callers to suicide hotline help.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You can’t really debate whether the action was appropriate (taking down a website to review its content when the website also included a suicide help number) within the strictures of these debate parameters.

I’ll reserve judgement in this bash-fest on Texas, Republicans, and Abbott until more information comes out about who made the decision and any changes in the website and reporting following content review. I will however note that the website still features a number for Texas Youth Services, obviously able to direct callers to suicide hotline help.
    There’s no debate.

The action was inappropriate. Objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There’s no debate.

No no no, we need to wait to find out why this resource for a marginalized group of teens was suddenly taken down without warning after someone who will be competing for the same job as Abbott said that Abbott was too supportive of this marginalized group of teens.

Surely there's no immediate and direct connection that one can reasonably make between those two events that happened within hours.

10+ Year Old Account

All that rule is preventing is bigots pushing harmful and abusive disinformation in their pursuit of making certain innocent people suffer.

It doesn't delve any deeper than that. Just evil, sadism, and sociopathy. The "debate" is the evil sadists trying to argue that their evil sadism is good, actually. Which it obviously isn't, because they're lying evil sadists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Agreed.
    There isn't anything to discuss here that wouldn't fall under forbidden topics.
    That support systems for marginalized communities, without discussing any specifically, shouldn't be casually taken down without notice because a politician was accused of being too nice to them?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There’s no debate.

There's no debate. Any debate would involve exactly what kind of objectionable material on a Texas DFPS website would make it appropriate to take it down pending a review. That directly concerns a discussion of gender identity and sexuality that is banned on this website. Therefore, there's no debate, only Texas and GOP bashing.

It's pretty bold stating an opinion and then following that up with 'Objectively.' Okay then, I 'objectively' think your opinion is premature.

To give a little context, here's how the AP News frames it:
    Agency accused of removing LGBTQ webpage after criticism
    https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...0b61090321c41c

Incredibly appropriate framing, considering the facts in evidence are only statements of a rival political candidate, a message on a curtailed website, and subordinate employees of a Texas agency. The request for comment from Abbott went out yesterday.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll reserve judgement
    How convenient that NOW is when you decide to reserve judgement. Even though it's blindingly obvious this action was taken maliciously.

I'll be sure to quote this at you any other time you don't reserve judgement....which is pretty often when the tables are turned.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no debate. Any debate would involve exactly what kind of objectionable material on a Texas DFPS website would make it appropriate to take it down pending a review. That directly concerns a discussion of gender identity and sexuality that is banned on this website. Therefore, there's no debate, only Texas and GOP bashing.
    The "debate" you're talking about there is like the "debate" on whether blacks are "people" rather than a form of great ape, or the "debate" on whether Jewish people are trying to subvert the world.

The "debate" is bigots trying to pretend that their bigotries are valid. When they aren't. They're just petty, hateful, evil bullshit.

And calling that out is not "bashing". It's just accurate.

I'll allow that sure, we should let Abbott comment on his motivations, and perhaps there's more to this story. But your "defense" here is really fuckin' weak, and trying to give credence to non-"debates" which are just bigots angry that they're facing consequences for being bigots is not helping you come off as taking the high road.