Montor - 1 49" or 3 seperate ones?

Good afternoon,

I"m moving into our new house soon and with that comes whole new office setup.
    Sadly I'm still sucking with the following: Do I take 1 49 inch curved screen or like now keep 3 separate screens?
    Are there any downsides from going to a single bigger screen maybe?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Budget: ~2k euro.
    (Standing) Desk size is: 1.8m x 0.9m

10+ Year Old Account
    Some games don't like being super wide, so they'll either break or just not look good at anything wider than 16:9

At the moment I have 2 27" monitors and I like having something full screened on monitor 2 and something else full screened on monitor 1, just my personal preference. Besides what Temp name said I don't think there are any objective downsides
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some games don't like being super wide, so they'll either break or just not look good at anything wider than 16:9
    True, however cannot split the screen up as it were 3 different ones? So game in the middle section of the screen, browser left for example and movie right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    True, however cannot split the screen up as it were 3 different ones? So game in the middle section of the screen, browser left for example and movie right?
    Not default in windows I think.
    There might be a third party program

Unless you mean run everything in windowed mode

Not default in windows I think.
    There might be a third party program

Unless you mean run everything in windowed mode
    I believe Lg for example has the LG Screen Split feature on their bigger inch models. Which enables you to split screen like it would be 2-3 separate monitors.
    Not all monitors have the software installed though. Don't find too much info on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not aware of any really good monitors in that size right now. Most are a bit old by now and the few newer ones have some pretty severe issues considering how much they cost.

In the end I think you'll be better off with several smaller monitors. 27 - 32" is my recommendation.
    The LG C1 (OLED) is the only larger monitor (TV really) that I would consider, but being OLED it comes with its own issues as well as benefits. For fairly static office usage it's probably not a good idea.

WoW aint one of them my man LOL. WoW is amazing on a 49 Ultrawide

Ultra wide screens look pretty stupid in most games like the one above with wow, it looks like you are playing wow with a knights helmet on and can only see through the slit

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a mixed bag. There's a lot of either poor implementation or no implementation of ultrawide and super-ultrawide support.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Ultra wide screens look pretty stupid in most games like the one above with wow, it looks like you are playing wow with a knights helmet on and can only see through the slit
    That monitor is like 2 27" monitors side-by-side. It doesn't limit your vertical view, just expands the horizontal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you can easily do this.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Cheers for the feedback all.
    Guessing for gaming and watching movies the safest bet would be to go several 27-32" atm.

Atm leaning toward the LG 27GP850

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    WoW aint one of them my man LOL. WoW is amazing on a 49 Ultrawide
    Gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that, I don't think that looks very good.
    My 27" I can see everything on screen without having to move my eyes, if it's bigger I'd have to. Or I move the monitor away, and then suddenly I lose out on vertical space.

I believe Lg for example has the LG Screen Split feature on their bigger inch models. Which enables you to split screen like it would be 2-3 separate monitors.
    Not all monitors have the software installed though. Don't find too much info on it.
    I'm pretty sure most big brand manufacturers offer something along those lines. Any display without the split screen capabilities would be much less desirable.