Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    the sad part is that even if this leak is true, all it does is make me wonder how they are gonna screw it up again. shadowlands sounded awesome. and yet the story, game design, class design, systems, and almost everything else has led to the biggest exodus of players in the games history. we may not know the numbers but the last time wow had a big exodus (wod) another mmo didn't suddenly become popular and gain tons of former wow players.

i genuinely prefer wow over every other mmo on the market and would leave ff14 in a heartbeat if wow became a good game again. but i doubt that's going to happen. it seems blizzard these days only deals in extremes. extreme grinds, extreme lawsuits, extreme egos, extreme pandering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rupertgilmore View Post
    I have done some intern work at blizzard and seen and heard a few pieces of information about the future of Shadowlands and the next world of warcraft expansion.

9.2 is the last patch of the Shadowlands the patch takes place in Icecrown with the final boss fight being the Jailor at the frozen throne Anduin is the penultimate boss I don't have much more info on this because I have only seen some concept art.

Season of Mastery will launch sometime in November with 9.2 releasing end of q1 2022.

I have seen some art and assets for the next expansion. It will feature a remade Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Gnomeragen is an actual city the undead have cleared Stathholme and that is a new city.

I have seen some models for player housing beds, drawers and different house tiers ect but I don't know how it will be implemented.
    I'll take shit that never happened for $2000, Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I only want a revamp of Kalimdor/EK if they do it right this time. Actually update the textures and models, make these zones feel new. If its another half assed cata attempt I'll gladly pass.
    I doubt they would remake Kalimdor and the EK in their entirety. WoW continents have been getting smaller and smaller with each expansion. Shadowlands just had 5 zones. 5 zones isn't enough to do even half of Kalimdor.

If Blizzard were to remake Kalimdor or EK today, they would either 1. only remake certain zones, or 2. would remake the continent at a far smaller scale, probably omitting a lot of zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    MMoC never surprises me at how stupid people are from the WoW community.

The OP's account was made the day of the post, and half of you are replying as if it's real. First off, an intern saw and heard things? That's a lot of detail for an intern from one specific department to see and find out about. I mean who's he interning for Ion? John Hight?

Stop being so dumb MMoC, it's not real.
    I don't care if it is real, this kind of stuff is just too fun to let it pass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    no 'wow factor' whatsoever, just plain blandness.
    This makes the thing a bit more believable tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Starting soon this year, aren't we?

Also, throw some creativity in there, no 'wow factor' whatsoever, just plain blandness.
    That does make it more believable TBH, "No 'Wow factor' whatsoever, just plain blandness" is a good description for the SL story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I doubt they would remake Kalimdor and the EK in their entirety. WoW continents have been getting smaller and smaller with each expansion. Shadowlands just had 5 zones. 5 zones isn't enough to do even half of Kalimdor.

If Blizzard were to remake Kalimdor or EK today, they would either 1. only remake certain zones, or 2. would remake the continent at a far smaller scale, probably omitting a lot of zones.

I think you're underestimating the dire situation blizzard is in right now. they are finally relinquishing to player demands because of the very real threat of financial loss from their cash cow.

at this point anything less than an entire old world revamp won't cut it for 10.0, and blizzard knows this. 10.0 will be pulling out every straw to reinvigorate interest