9.2 Legendaries + Covenant choice

Hello everyone,

do you guys think the legendaries will effect the Covenant choice to a rather significant degree?
    You will be locked in with the covenant legendary alongside a class/spec one.

I'd imagine Kyrian is losing quite a bit (or rather, not gaining as much as others), and while Night Fae seems to be the next obvious choice, it's not like Necrolord or Venthyr has bad Covenant legendaries.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that Ventyhr and Necrolord Covenant legendaries are rather potent in their respective niche and since you can have that "other" legendary as well now, maybe it's the overall best choice if you include all content and aren't looking only at raids or only at M+.

Although, since it really doesn't take that long to get every covenant to 80 now, maybe you should just switch to what is best all the time now.?
    What are you guys going to do? Just sim and take the overall best? Or switch between what is the best for each situation?

I kinda like the Venthyr> and >Necrolord legendaries, I actually don't know if the overall DPS can keep up for M+/Raid split-content but their effects sound fun.
    I guess the Tier-set bonus matters as well, but whatever...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-16 at 02:59 PM.

Most likely there will be some legendary tuning during PTR, otherwise some combinations are going to be so much more powerful for some specs than others.

As for hunters unless tuning goes awry NF is most likely the overall go to.

Kyrian legendary is obviously a dud of a leggo; however the Resonating Arrow conduit is really, really good in both tuning and synergy. If conduits continue scaling, Kyrian might not be as much of a dud as you think. Hopefully Kyrian leggo gets redesigned though...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Resonant arrow is amazing cause of the conduit.
    It synergises really well with the upcoming set bonus.
    Even with the dud second legendary, it may be worthwhile. We will have to wait and see.

Otherwise night fae seems to be the way to go for an all around. Venthyr will be competitive in single target.

Kyrian lego still gives us 10% additional Crit as well though, correct? If so, that’s not a terrible legendary, it’s just not as good as others. Will probably devalue Crit for us a bit, as well, so depending on what stats the raid gear has on it then we might be hunting m+ pieces.

If there is any kind of cleave or burst it will be NF. If it is sustained dmg and st it will be vynth unless there are massive tuning changes.

We will probably see a lot of covenant legendary tuning to reign in the outliers now that they are basically passive buffs to the base ability. But really, much will depend on what kind of fights we will be seeing in the Sepulcher raid.
    The Kyrian one might seem the weakest, but even just 10% extra crit chance during the duration isnt awful, and if the fights generally favor short burst windows at regualr intervals then I could see a Kyrian hunter almost becoming mandatory for that honestly really good group buff, maybe even several hunters depending on tuning.

NF does currently seem like the big winner, what with it being a legendary on the higher side of tuning. Though I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up the weakest on raid bosses after tuning.
    The Necrolord one is very uncomplicated in its design. Either fights will favor it or it won't. If it does, or better yet if it gets a buff and fights favor it then I could see it being the best for personal damage at least. If it doesnt then it will be at best a niche pick for M+. Chosen mostly for giving an extra defensive with Fleshcraft.
    the Venthyr one is hard to figure out. Currently its just a furhter buff on Flayed Shot procs when you consider Single Target, so I don't have much faith in it being that good outside massive buffs.
    As I mentioned, the Kyrian one is the sleeper one. It's currently never used, so it might get a buff, but even as is it is a fairly massive buff to raid damage on a 1 minute cooldown. I wouldnt be shocked if it ends up making Kyrian hunters "required" for progress.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

With the MM set bonus I wonder how good the Vigil Legendary is going to be. Not necessarily Covenant related, but due to the set granting Trick Shots and Trick shots having a chance to grant additional and free AiS that are also getting additional damage, I wonder if a multi-target legendary just turned into a decent ST legendary as well.