Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    No. Because the reference isn't to the character. It's to the scene when Ace is repeating "Finkle. Einhorn. Finkle. Einhorn."

    Even IF it's a reference to the character themselves, it's still transphobic because it's deadnaming the trans character.

    And you're still missing the point. It literally doesn't matter whether or not Finkle/Einhorn is a "real trans". It's transphobic because it pushes the narrative that someone you thought was a woman might be an evil man in disguise! That's a transphobic bullshit take as old as transsexuality/transgenderism itself.
    The trans character that was never considered trans, just a man dressing up as a female to escape the law. A character people like you are obsessed with being trans because it better fits your agenda.

    That last part you posted is actually giving me brain damage trying to understand how you come to that conclusion, maybe I should stop reading your posts if I want to live longer. As I said before, you are the perfect definition of square pegs round holes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No you won't. I know for a fact you won't. You'll just disregard it and say they're just a snowflake and continue on with your hateful nonsense.
    Prove me wrong, show me trans charities or something coming out and saying a 20 year old movie and an NPC in an MMO are causing issues for trans people, stop talking shite and just do it.

    The complete nonsense you post is like me saying I know aliens exist but I won't post the proof as you won't believe me. Put up or shut up.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    But you won't... because they are non existant. lol
    Only in your eyes. But I've already seen what kind of person you are based on the numerous slurs you've already slung in this thread.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No you won't. I know for a fact you won't. You'll just disregard it and say they're just a snowflake and continue on with your hateful nonsense.
    Do it, show us. What are you waiting for? This is your big moment to shine and prove people wrong.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They are removing references to humans xslling orcs "Green skins" because....racism. Jesus fucking Christ ...
    In a fantasy world... this won't stop here. They are just getting started.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    You're correct. Finkle/Einhorn did indeed still have a dinky. But they still had a lot of surgery to look that way before that point.

    But let me ask: is a trans person not really trans unless they're post-op? Because that's also transphobic.
    He didn't get surgery because he was trans... Assuming he is trans because of his surgery is transphobic!

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpwer View Post
    The Finkle Einhorn change is good. After a recent rewatch of Ace Ventura with my Daughter, the joke has not aged well and was very cringe/not appropriate. If you feel the integrity of the game has been compromised due to this change, then you should grow some thicker skin.
    You're the one who has a problem with the joke. You need more skin.
    Also you didn't watched the movie and you made your daughter up in order to make your weak argument seem more valid than it is.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They are removing references to humans xslling orcs "Green skins" because....racism. Jesus fucking Christ ...
    Ok this is stupid.

    (One is based on IRL offensive portrayal and the other is a nonsense fanstay racism)

  8. #208
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    You're correct. Finkle/Einhorn did indeed still have a dinky. But they still had a lot of surgery to look that way before that point.

    But let me ask: is a trans person not really trans unless they're post-op? Because that's also transphobic.
    So one minute you said "he" had surgery next you admit he has his "dinky" so which one is it?

    And what a surprise, you've taken 1+1 and came up with 3 and also consider that transphobic.

    To answer your question, if he didn't have his dinky and did indeed have surgery you would be fair in considering him a trans as that is enough proof, the fact he had it "hidden" away unlike other trans people suggest to me he was trying to mislead people and not just "be trans". Unless you're going to tell me it's completely normal for trans people to hide it away like that?

    No doubt that special brain of yours will quote me and find something to call transphobic.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Only in your eyes. But I've already seen what kind of person you are based on the numerous slurs you've already slung in this thread.
    Keep using your strawman arguments and deflect the subject into a personal attack. Tell me what kinda of person I am then.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    Context matters. Two things:
    Cross dressing is not the same thing as being trans. Einhorn in the context of this story is essentially wearing an elaborate costume. You know how you can established Einhorn being trans? A journal entry the Ace finds that expresses Einhorn's frustration with the Miami dolphins and add some hints at trans-leaning? (for the lack of a better term, trans tendencies? ) A character, bigot or not, could point out more feminine type of traits or him not being comfortable being male presenting.
    I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty definitively stated that Einhorn had, at that point, had a buttload of gender reassignment surgery. They just hadn't had the junk down there removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    Hell even screaming out at the climax, "AND I ALWAYS FELT A WOMAN ANYWAYS!" would have helped.
    It would've, but it was a slightly edgy comedy from the 90s. Making sure it was presenting itself in a politically correct manner was probably pretty far down the priority list.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    If this was Ace walking down the road and screaming that, sure you are right on board. But within the context of the story, that people were hopefully watching, "THAT'S A MAN!" is not to devalue the presenting of others, but rather to show Ray Einhorn's trickery.

    Context matters a lot when you read stories, history, post, all that stuff. Context. Context. Context.
    If it was just the final scene, sure. But there's also the scene when Ace discovers Finkle/Einhorn's identity and repeatedly exclaims to himself "Einhorn is a MAN!" in his own home. There's no unmasking the villain, he's not proving his point to anyone. He's just loudly proclaiming to himself that, in his world view, Einhorn is a man now because Einhorn was born a man.

    And then the following scene has him reacting in almost the same way as a stereotypical rape victim. Which, I'm only just now realizing, is kind of mega-yikes.

    (To clarify: I don't think any of that is emblematic of any hatred or bigotry from the writers or actors. It's just a very poorly aged relic of its time.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So one minute you said "he" had surgery next you admit he has his "dinky" so which one is it?

    And what a surprise, you've taken 1+1 and came up with 3 and also consider that transphobic.
    Bro, there's more to your body than JUST your dick. You can have surgery in all sorts of places! The chest, the jawline, the shoulders, the hips. There's a lot more gender-affirming procedures than just "remove chungus".

    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    the fact he had it "hidden" away unlike other trans people suggest to me he was trying to mislead people and not just "be trans". Unless you're going to tell me it's completely normal for trans people to hide it away like that?

    No doubt that special brain of yours will quote me and find something to call transphobic.
    Dude, do you actually, sincerely believe that trans women don't "tuck"? You are shockingly out of touch.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post

    And then the following scene has him reacting in almost the same way as a stereotypical rape victim. Which, I'm only just now realizing, is kind of mega-yikes.
    How is this mega-yikes ? He's a straight man that was tricked into kissing another man. He has a right to feel disgusted. What happened to "consent matters" ?

  12. #212
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,265
    Do you guys think that I will succeed in demanding that all mentions or depictions of car crashes, depression and suicide be reduced or removed will succeed?

    This is highly triggering for me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    How is this mega-yikes ? He's a straight man that was tricked into kissing another man. He has a right to feel disgusted. What happened to "consent matters" ?
    That consent is homophobic

  13. #213
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Bro, there's more to your body than JUST your dick. You can have surgery in all sorts of places! The chest, the jawline, the shoulders, the hips. There's a lot more gender-affirming procedures than just "remove chungus".

    Dude, do you actually, sincerely believe that trans women don't "tuck"? You are shockingly out of touch.
    "The fact that they present as female, got gender reassigning surgery,"

    You said this, then changed your mind. You talk that much shit you forget what you say. Unless the GRS was his jawline and shoulders? lmao.

  14. #214
    Pip Quickwit
    Finally! Some new content!

  15. #215
    I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it's pretty definitively stated that Einhorn had, at that point, had a buttload of gender reassignment surgery. They just hadn't had the junk down there removed.
    Yeah to evade the police capture Einhorn had a lot of expensive surgery done to present as a woman. Now I will say this: I am a cis white male, if I so will myself to get gender reassignment surgery to evade the police (As ridiculous as it is, I'd rather just go to Mexico. but then again I don't have a revenge complex so I am not Einhorn.) am I now trans?

    It would've, but it was a slightly edgy comedy from the 90s. Making sure it was presenting itself in a politically correct manner was probably pretty far down the priority list.
    Definitely. Society has shifted a lot since the 90s. ultimately for the better I feel, but there are plenty of rough edges to work out.

    If it was just the final scene, sure. But there's also the scene when Ace discovers Finkle/Einhorn's identity and repeatedly exclaims to himself "Einhorn is a MAN!" in his own home. There's no unmasking the villain, he's not proving his point to anyone. He's just loudly proclaiming to himself that, in his world view, Einhorn is a man now because Einhorn was born a man.

    And then the following scene has him reacting in almost the same way as a stereotypical rape victim. Which, I'm only just now realizing, is kind of mega-yikes.
    Ace was also investigating a case. I believe that scene is not transphobic in nature but rather the detective having a breakthrough. Could it have been expressed a little more eloquently? Sure. But as previously mentioned PC wasn't high on the priority list.

    What it boils down to for me, what does it mean to be a trans person?
    (To clarify: I don't think any of that is emblematic of any hatred or bigotry from the writers or actors. It's just a very poorly aged relic of its time.)
    Agree with you right here! I highly doubt Jim Carrey is some deep closeted transphobe. Maybe one day some dirt will leak but for now he is alright. haha.

  16. #216
    Brewmaster Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ok this is stupid.

    (One is based on IRL offensive portrayal and the other is a nonsense fanstay racism)
    Actually, according to WoWhead this change might be because Games Workshop wishes to trademark Greenskins because of the Warhammer 40k universe.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Do you guys think that I will succeed in demanding that all mentions or depictions of car crashes, depression and suicide be reduced or removed will succeed?

    This is highly triggering for me
    So first not "mentions or depictions" but OFFENSIVE mentions and depictions. That's why blizzard is removing them. (And no I'm not saying that humour should be banned or outlawed. But I get why blizzard don't want them in thier 12+ game)

    Anyway moving on you get how race/gender etc of a person is different then car accidents and Sucuide (depending on the reason)? (I grant you depression as a mental illness falls in with my examples). One group are awful events that happen and another are the core of people identities?Hence by joking on that set you are inherently joking about people indentities?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Actually, according to WoWhead this change might be because Games Workshop wishes to trademark Greenskins because of the Warhammer 40k universe.
    Wow must invent new Fanstay slurs for Orcs then.

    Maybe the humans can just shout "Go back to Outland"?
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-10-14 at 11:15 AM.

  18. #218
    Reading these comments kinda gives me hope for the future. Maybe false hope though.
    Its nice to see how many people see right through this virtue signaling bullshit.

  19. #219
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,265
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I am 100% certain that even if I showed you numerous posts about people talking about how the NPC was causing problems, you would just call them a bunch of snowflakes. Because you're not interested in the facts. You're just interested on further supporting the marginalization of some groups of people, based on all of your comments thusfar.
    Oh how sweet it is to see this.

    I accused you before of finding a sample group that confirms your own beliefs, and how do you respond to someone? Precisely by suggesting to do that.

    Too bad you don't response to the fact that your stance becomes highly contested when one finds members of the same subgroup that disagree with your assessment. Funny how that works, isn't it?

    Go on, accuse me of gaslighting again, will you.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I mean... you can only reply to this Des Mephisto's tweets if he tags you in the tweets. That says a lot about the kind of mentality he has if he abstains from seeing anyone's point of view that doesn't agree with him.
    Same goes for the Wowhead comment section They just straight up disable commenting if people have slightly opposing opinions.

    "You can say whatever you want as long as you agree with us." - snowflake logic at its best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •