Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So are you ok with white comedians making negative jokes about black people? Are you ok with straight comedians making negative jokes about gay people?

Because based on your comment, it makes me think that you're totally fine with bigotry.
    It depends, if it's a white guy making fun of black people as a whole in a really over the top way? No, i'm not down for bigotry. However, if it's a joke meant in good faith for lol's, or against an INDIVIDUAL black dude...then yea.

It's comedy dude, it's either ALL ok to make fun of or NOTHING is ok to make fun of.

So are you ok with white comedians making negative jokes about black people? Are you ok with straight comedians making negative jokes about gay people?

Because based on your comment, it makes me think that you're totally fine with bigotry.
    Yes. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he had to set that up becuase his earlier tweet about it was filled with fucking disgusting responses, nevermind the fact his dm's are filled with them too...
    Some responsibility, people. Saying stuff on public forum without being prepared for people to disagree with you seems unwise. And yes, some people will extrapolate "disagreement" into suggestions of "dismemberment", that's life.

Or yes, you can block all negativite responses and be left with a good old fashioned circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Ah, because the examples don't fit your bullshit narrative, and are in your mind, positive examples?

Mate, you're a joke. You're not some bastion of freedom or the proverbial rock of truth that stands against the tide. You're just behind a keyboard literally screeching his own view and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with it.

Which is the DEFINITION OF BIGOT.

You are making illogical leaps and bounds to fit a pre-formed narrative you have, and then ignoring anything that is counter to it, and thinking you are correct. It is the classic lefty disgusting viewpoint, and honestly, it is people like you that are causing the massive swing to the right we are sadly experiencing. Seriously, just grow up, and stop being offended by everything, you will have a much happier life.
    LMFAO so I'm a bigot for calling people out on their bigotry? Are you fucking kidding me right now? Just because you're perfectly ok with racism, sexism, transphobia, and homophobia doesn't mean people are bigots for calling you out for your toxic mentality. If people are "swinging to the right" because they're called out on their bull shit then they were "on the right" the entire fucking time.

Yes. I'm also fine with black comedians making negative jokes about white people, and gay comedians making negative jokes about straight people. Because I'm not a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. 10chars
    Well at least you admit to being a bigot, I guess.

No. I admit to having a functioning brain and knowing not to be miserable and take offense to every slight thing.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It depends, if it's a white guy making fun of black people as a whole in a really over the top way? No, i'm not down for bigotry. However, if it's a joke meant in good faith for lol's, or against an INDIVIDUAL black dude...then yea.

It's comedy dude, it's either ALL ok to make fun of or NOTHING is ok to make fun of.
    Considering the "joke" in Ace Ventura wasn't made in "good faith", then by your logic, it's a bigoted joke. Because even when I saw the movie years ago, it came off as a big fucking yikes.

Yes. Honestly who tf cares a joke is a joke if i don't like it i wont laugh, that's the end of the matter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Newname1234567890 View Post
    You're just going to pretend that finding gay act sickening isn't homophobic ok ....

- - - Updated - - -

You find a "gay" act sickening. That's homophobic dude.
    I'm bi and you're full of shit.

Gay men aren't into women, straight men aren't into guys, straight women aren't into women and gay women aren't into guys. Go deceive a gay woman into kissing a guy and then watch the reaction.

I see more of an issue with people being literally incapable of respecting others' sexual orientations than I see people being transphobic in this thread.

Considering the "joke" in Ace Ventura wasn't made in "good faith", then by your logic, it's a bigoted joke. Because even when I saw the movie years ago, it came off as a big fucking yikes.
    It absolutely was made in good faith. It wasn't mocking or targeting trans people, it was about ONE criminal hiding his identity and going for petty revenge over a football game. Did YOU watch the movie?

If you are offended by ace ventura, i mean this in the kindest way possible, you honestly need therapy. No one, not even mental patients in pink tootoo's begging to be put in the game, could possibly be offended by ace ventura.

Really dude, seek help. i'm done with this conversation tho, i honestly feel bad for u but you're giving sane liberals a bad name right now.

Do you understand what that word means?

"Thinking it's okay to make fun of anyone in good fun"

=/=

"a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group." -a bigot

You seem to think a "bigot" = "somebody who disagrees that something I think is offensive is actually offensive." That's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Wow, you didn't read a single bit of what I said where I stated equal rights and legal protection is for all, but you cannot force a view on someone because that literally goes the way of tyranny, and made sweeping assumptions. Jesus, you really are a shitty person.
    No. you called me a bigot for pointing out blatantly bigoted comments. Your comment about tyranny is utterly fucking laughable. "Oh my goodness, this is tyranny! I'm not allowed to make bigoted comments anymore without repercussions!" But I'm the shitty person? Yeah ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDjord View Post
    Yes. Honestly who tf cares a joke is a joke if i don't like it i wont laugh, that's the end of the matter for me.
    Because ideologues think humor and every other word you breathe and action you take should be a vehicle for social change, which is to say- their specific brand of social change. Poking fun at things just for the fun of it is no-no because it doesn't stimulate that.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It absolutely was made in good faith. It wasn't mocking or targeting trans people, it was about ONE criminal hiding his identity and going for petty revenge over a football game. Did YOU watch the movie?

If you are offended by ace ventura, i mean this in the kindest way possible, you honestly need therapy. No one, not even mental patients in pink tootoo's begging to be put in the game, could possibly be offended by ace ventura.

Really dude, seek help. i'm done with this conversation tho, i honestly feel bad for u but you're giving sane liberals a bad name right now.
    Except there were plenty of people who found the movie to be homophobic and transphobic WHEN IT RELEASED. So saying that I "need therapy" is nothing but you gaslighting me.

I wonder how long it'll be before crossdressers get booted out and made verboten by our good socially progressive pals...

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Do you understand what that word means?

"Thinking it's okay to make fun of anyone in good fun"

=/=

"a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group." -a bigot

You seem to think a "bigot" = "somebody who disagrees that something I think is offensive is actually offensive." That's not how it works.
    No. A bigot is someone who thinks it's funny to make fun of marginalized groups that further foster negative feelings towards those groups. There are PLENTY of examples of bigots in this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm bi and you're full of shit.

Gay men aren't into women, straight men aren't into guys, straight women aren't into women and gay women aren't into guys. Go deceive a gay woman into kissing a guy and then watch the reaction.

I see more of an issue with people being literally incapable of respecting others' sexual orientations than I see people being transphobic in this thread.
    Exactly. I'm a straight dude - I'd be extremely sickened (and pissed) if I was tricked into kissing a biological male. But I wouldn't be sickened if I saw two dudes kissing on a park bench or something.

Being disgusted / sickened isn't an objective, moral issue. It's just a subjective reaction. Like what foods or drinks you like or are grossed out by.

Some of the changes made were completely unneeded. But that "joke" from the first Ace Ventura movie hasn't aged well, something even the writers admitted a few years ago. But I'm starting to realize that A LOT of people on this site are massive bigots. As this very thread is showing so far.
    Wanting to leave a joke in doesn't make someone a bigot. Something tells me you don't know what that word means.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Do you guys think that I will succeed in demanding that all mentions or depictions of car crashes, depression and suicide be reduced or removed will succeed?

This is highly triggering for me

- - - Updated - - -

That consent is homophobic
    Add all jokes about gnomes short stature. I'm sure the people with dwarfism condition are upset by them.
    And don't forget all ghost and spirit references too. Don't want to offend our dead ancestry, nor take death lightly.