Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    People have been saying it's damaging to trans individuals since it released. It was just far more acceptable back then. But go off I guess.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Are you capable of anything more than strawman arguments?
    Are you capable of talking sense or just complete and utter nonsense because it better suits your agenda? people assuming the joke was kissing trans people is disgusting when the joke was it's actually disgusting for a man to kiss another man. If anything the movie should be considered homophobic yet here you are, acting like it's the reason people are transphobic 20 years later.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand? What's the problem? How is this anti-trans? Heterosexual men are not attracted to trans women (duh). Their reaction is the joke, they are not making fun of trans people.
    For the same reason if a straight man kissed a gay man and vomited for 5 minutes I would say that was homophobic.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nice strawman.
    Don't use words you don't know the meaning of. Answer the question.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Are you capable of talking sense or just complete and utter nonsense because it better suits your agenda? people assuming the joke was kissing trans people is disgusting when the joke was it's actually disgusting for a man to kiss another man. If anything the movie should be considered homophobic yet here you are, acting like it's the reason people are transphobic 20 years later.
    The movie was considered both homophobic and transphobic WHEN IT RELEASED. Just not many people listened back then.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    For the same reason if a straight man kissed a gay man and vomited for 5 minutes I would say that was homophobic.
    Straight men aren't attracted to men. You do know this, right? Right?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Would this include young men who are marginalized as "nerdy weirdos", "incels" and so on?
    White men aren't treated like trash by our (western) society for thier identity.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Don't use words you don't know the meaning of. Answer the question.
    You are using the definition of a strawman argument. Are nerdy people killed all the time purely for being nerdy and their murderer gets away with it because "they didn't know they were a nerd"? No. So bringing up your bullshit example is nothing but a strawman.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    He's going to vomit because he kissed a guy. A FUCKING GUY. Nobody ever viewed the person as a "trans person" because it was a guy, YES A GUY, dressing up as a women. If you asked 100 straight men to kiss another man how many do you think would do so? stop twisting shit to prove your brain dead point. This was a guy, not a trans person.
    For starters, I take issue with the notion that Einhorn "wasn't actually trans" in the first place. The movie never actually presents the idea that Finkle is "pretending", the only justification we get for the 'fake trans' angle is Ace himself calling Einhorn "a man". Unless there's word-of-god floating around that says otherwise, the only source of Einhorn not being a "real woman" comes from a character in-universe who, let's be real, isn't exactly a moral paragon.

    Secondly, even if we concede that Einhorn was a man... vomiting uncontrollably because you accidentally kissed someone of the same gender is not a normal, balanced response.
    "Oh god I accidentally did a gay thing. I'm going to vomit for five minutes now" isn't exactly better than what I initially presented.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    White men aren't treated like trash by our (western) society for thier identity.
    I didn't say white men. I said young men. Try to keep up.

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Vintersol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germoney
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nothing I said is an exaggeration. Everything I said is fact.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No. My solution is not using groups of people who are already treated like trash in society as the butt of a fucked up joke. Plenty of movies are funny without needing to make incredibly offensive comments.
    Where are your facts?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

  11. #111
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    For the same reason if a straight man kissed a gay man and vomited for 5 minutes I would say that was homophobic.
    So if I blindfolded you and asked you to kiss someone and you later found out it was another man, regardless of his sexual preference. That wouldn't in the slightest make you vomit a little? the fact you kissed a man while being straight? wake up. Yet you couldn't show your displeasure as it would make you homophobic. LMAO

    Hell maybe we can't even refuse to kiss another man as he could be gay and that would make us homophobic, shit!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Straight men aren't attracted to men. You do know this, right? Right?
    What does that matter? You can kiss someone without seeing them or knowing who they are?

    Blind folds exist....

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    They are morons indeed.

    SJW-artists have only hatred and intolerance in their hearts. Nothing they create can be beautiful.
    10/10

    These are the people that are dragging the game to the dirt. They think they are resorting to try to change the world for the better according to their own personal agendas since they will never be known for making a good quality game now that the REAL talent has left the company.

    Just a bunch of sock puppets that tweet about their world PoV incessantly while trying to push their political agenda to online PAYING customers.

    I wonder what sort of bullshit these idiots will carry on in the future since they neutered the artistic freedom the game was once allowed to have.

    Fuck wow tbh

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I didn't say white men. I said young men. Try to keep up.
    Ok young black men will be treated like trash

  15. #115
    That's it for today folks! Tune in tomorrow to see <something nobody noticed/thought anything of for 10-15 years> being removed because it offends <insert minority or whatever agenda is popular at the time>. All championed by <insert random twitter bandwagon warrior in it for the retweets and likes>.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    What does that matter? You can kiss someone without seeing them or knowing who they are?

    Blind folds exist....
    Ok, and that's the joke then. A man kisses a guy because he's blindfolded and then he's disgusted when it's taken off and the truth is revealed. What's the problem?

  17. #117
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,595
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As I responded to someone else, this was a problem back when it was released too. Society has been evolving ever since. Much like black face becoming a truly offensive thing, "jokes" like the one in the Ace Ventura movie aren't accepted anymore.
    This is nothing more than a feeble attempt at handwaving away the criticism made of your stance.

    Was it a problem? A problem made by whom?

    "Society has been evolving ever since" Handwaving again.

    As I said in my first post here, your stance is an example of consensus falsification.

    And if you want a counter argument on the jokes issue, i'll just reiterate what's often said in the comedian circles. Do you want your group to be normalized or do you want it to be special? Because there's nothing more normalizing than being made fun of.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Didn't they all throw up because he actually kissed the trans rather than throwing up because they know it was a trans? it's been that long since I last watched it. Thing is, even if the "joke" hasn't aged well do we need to get rid of it? there's probably a lot of shit out there from the 80/90 era that "hasn't aged well" are we going to go around and clean the entire fucking world up in that sense? just have a spring clean of everything in the world every decade to get rid of shit that didn't age well.
    Honestly the reference was baffling as hell from the start. Finkle Einhorn has literally no reference to Ace Ventura in anything else. No similarities at all to any of the characters, none of his quests reference the movies or characters in any way, there's not even any superficial similarities.

    There's literally just a character in WoW who's name was a reference to a scene in a movie where a male character threw up after kissing another male character. There's no other connection. It's always struck me as just... weird.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So if I blindfolded you and asked you to kiss someone and you later found out it was another man, regardless of his sexual preference. That wouldn't in the slightest make you vomit a little? the fact you kissed a man while being straight? wake up. Yet you couldn't show your displeasure as it would make you homophobic. LMAO

    Hell maybe we can't even refuse to kiss another man as he could be gay and that would make us homophobic, shit!
    No it wouldn't make me vomit? And no showings displeasure wouldn't make you homophobic. And no refusing to kiss some on isn't homophobic.

    You get how "I don't want to kiss a man" and extent vomitting isn't the same thing....

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ok young black men will be treated like trash
    You're not keeping up. Don't strain yourself, this is obviously too much for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •