Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    His reaction is transphobic since it literally suggests kissing a trans woman is sickening
    Back to square one;

The character wasn't trans.
    The reaction was to him kissing a guy, not a trans.

You have a brain? try using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Dude, you can kiss someone you're not attracted to and not vomit yourself inside out. You know that's an option, right? Right?
    It's a joke in a movie. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So if I blindfolded you and asked you to kiss someone and you later found out it was another man, regardless of his sexual preference. That wouldn't in the slightest make you vomit a little? the fact you kissed a man while being straight?
    ... No? It wouldn't?

And I'm preeeetty willing to bet I'd be in the majority for not vomiting. That's not a rational response to finding out your lips touched another man's lips. The balanced response would be going "Oh. Ew. Don't like that." and then moving on with your goddamn life.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I doubt it since you didn't even understand the question.
    What make me an authority on what's tranaphobic?

Simple I can see bigotry when I see it. What answer would statisfy you:L

Well what I am learning from this thread is you can be a cis male, dress up as a female and you are automatically trans.

Fucking awesome. Even though... that's not what being trans is... but awesome. Good to see we change definitions to suit our offense. XD

His reaction is transphobic since it literally suggests kissing a trans woman is sickening
    Can you make up your mind? Is it an exaggeration or a literal suggestion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Go ahead and google it. There's plenty information about it. But something tells me you won't because you'd rather excuse fucked up comments.
    You're making the stance and you expect me to do your research for you?

And here's a hint for you, it isn't necessary, because it'll likely amount to the same thing that we are seeing now: a select group of individuals that make a big fuss out of nothing.

You and others are claiming that such things and jokes fuel anti-trans rethoric. Ok, then I'l hijack the opinions and emotions of theOTHER trans individuals who claim that your complaining makes a mockery of trans issues and actually fuels the bigotry towards them.

It's so incredible to me how in the same cognitive space you make this argument while being completely oblivious to the the fact that those same arguments completely delegitimize their struggles.

It is YOUR fault, YOUR responsibility that whenever the larger struggles of any particular sub category of people is brought, the discussion instantly gets conflated with these useless and petty debates.

"if I come across as all-inclusive and super woke maybe hot girls will fuck me"

Back to square one;

The character wasn't trans.
    The reaction was to him kissing a guy, not a trans.

You have a brain? try using it.
    Yeah 20 years ago thats what the mainstream thought trans people were.

Also the defense of the joke "it's not tranaphobic it's homophobic" brilliant still probably means the NPC should have been renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    10/10

These are the people that are dragging the game to the dirt. They think they are resorting to try to change the world for the better according to their own personal agendas since they will never be known for making a good quality game now that the REAL talent has left the company.

Just a bunch of sock puppets that tweet about their world PoV incessantly while trying to push their political agenda to online PAYING customers.

I wonder what sort of bullshit these idiots will carry on in the future since they neutered the artistic freedom the game was once allowed to have.

Fuck wow tbh
    Wow. Getting this upset because an NPC from last decade had its name changed. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Can you make up your mind? Is it an exaggeration or a literal suggestion?
    What? How is this hard. His reaction is exaggerated but it literally sickening. Because he was LITERALLY sick....

Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    According to who? You?

Yeah, after reading the things you wrote, you really must be the life of any party...
    Right right. Insulting me because I point out something is extremely offensive. Ok dude.

Yeah 20 years ago thats what the mainstream thought trans people were.

Also the defense of the joke "it's not tranaphobic it's homophobic" brilliant still probably means the NPC should have been renamed.
    Still obsessed with the fact the character was indeed trans, was the word trans ever mentioned in the movie? did anyone from the movie ever mention the fact the character was trans? or are you just so fucking desperate for this person to be trans to support your theory?

Yes because vomiting when you kiss a straight man is homophobic. And you said you have a brain? jesus christ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    There. That. That's exactly why it's transphobic. You're literally sat here saying "Some trans people aren't REAL trans people. They're faking it for sinister reasons!"

That is transphobic. Insisting that some trans people are only in it for evil reasons.
    Can you really state no transgender person changed because of nepharious reasons? You really believe that is not a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You're making the stance and you expect me to do your research for you?

And here's a hint for you, it isn't necessary, because it'll likely amount to the same thing that we are seeing now: a select group of individuals that make a big fuss out of nothing.

You and others are claiming that such things and jokes fuel anti-trans rethoric. Ok, then I'l hijack the opinions and emotions of theOTHER trans individuals who claim that your complaining makes a mockery of trans issues and actually fuels the bigotry towards them.

It's so incredible to me how in the same cognitive space you make this argument while being completely oblivious to the the fact that those same arguments completely delegitimize their struggles.

It is YOUR fault, YOUR responsibility that whenever the larger struggles of any particular sub category of people is brought, the discussion instantly gets conflated with these useless and petty debates.
    This is hands down the most asinine thing I have ever read. Saying I'm the one to blame for sticking up for a marginalized groups. Top tier fucking gaslighting.

What? How is this hard. His reaction is exaggerated but it literally sickening. Because he was LITERALLY sick....
    It's still a comedy. You are aware of this right? What are you going to complain next about? Wile E Coyote isn't realistic?

literal
    /ˈlɪt(ə)r(ə)l/

adjective
    taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or exaggeration.
    "dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread"

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, despite me saying how much I wouldn't enjoy kissing a guy you think I have inner turmoil because apparently, I want to kiss a guy? what kind of fucked up logic is that? I'm not saying I would literally vomit but we're talking about a movie, a comedic movie at that where for the most part shit gets exaggerated yet people are talking about this like it was a real life thing that actually happened.
    You literally stated that kissing someone while blindfolded might make someone vomit a little.
    It's such a juvenile statement.

Have you ever even kissed someone, at all?

Because you sound like someone who still believes you will get cooties from girls if you sit next to them on the bus.

Boy, I am sure having to block a lot of morons here. Spoilers: It's not the people who KNOW the movie is just that - a comedic movie. Good riddance.

The thing is, where and when does it stop? Let's take for example my Doom II mod I work on. I put something in there with no ill intent at all - a completely innocently named weapon such as "Buster", but then some 10 years later, people are putting me on blast for including something "offensive" in it (which some time during that theoretical 10 years just happened to be the word "Buster", and that's now an offensive term). Something that wasn't offensive in the past, but now all of a sudden is, all because "society changes". Uh...No.

Still obsessed with the fact the character was indeed trans, was the word trans ever mentioned in the movie? did anyone from the movie ever mention the fact the character was trans? or are you just so fucking desperate for this person to be trans to support your theory?

Yes because vomiting when you kiss a straight man is homophobic. And you said you have a brain? jesus christ...........

To add to this dude's point: Ray Finkle dressed up as a women for the sole and expressed purpose of evading the police. Think of it like an elaborate costume as oppose to the way you present yourself matching your gender identity.

and actually rather than being transphobic this can be a good teaching tool for the trans community. It helps bring that nuisance that is desperately needed in this conversation.