Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobywan View Post
    Comedy movie from the 90s. If you don't find it funny, don't watch. That simple. If you don't agree, you don't agree. People have different views on what's funny and acceptable. Accept that and live on. Useless to spend your energy trying to persuade one another lol.
    I mean... in my first post, I said I love Ace Ventura. And I stand by that. Overall, the movie is hilarious. It just has one really poorly-aged joke in it.

I'm not saying the movie should be cancelled or whatever. I'm just saying that the reference to that one bad joke being removed isn't the end of the goddamn world that some people are making it out to be. In fact, it's honestly pretty understandable if you put yourself in the shoes of a trans person who may have been watching that movie during their younger, most vulnerable years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is hands down the most asinine thing I have ever read. Saying I'm the one to blame for sticking up for a marginalized groups. Top tier fucking gaslighting.
    Did trans people actually post on social media about how this NPC was causing problems for them and wanted it removed or are we dealing with white knights such as yourself deciding what's best for "marginalized groups" you don't represent?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    Can you really state no transgender person changed because of nepharious reasons? You really believe that is not a possibility?
    You know very well that hateful people will twist that into "ALL OF THEM DO IT!" which is why it's important to be careful how you use it. If the majority of renditions is this type then that is the perception people will have about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Still obsessed with the fact the character was indeed trans, was the word trans ever mentioned in the movie? did anyone from the movie ever mention the fact the character was trans? or are you just so fucking desperate for this person to be trans to support your theory?

Yes because vomiting when you kiss a straight man is homophobic. And you said you have a brain? jesus christ...........
    Pretty wildly accepted they're meant to be trans but whatever I don't actually care about the film outside of the joke. I'll just discuss this as homophobic with you from now on.

Yes if you kiss a man then vomit because you kissed a man regardless of that man's sexual orientation that's homophobic because the thought of sexual or romantic contact with a man makes you sick

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You literally stated that kissing someone while blindfolded might make someone vomit a little.
    It's such a juvenile statement.

Have you ever even kissed someone, at all?

Because you sound like someone who still believes you will get cooties from girls if you sit next to them on the bus.
    Yes I stated that, I literally asked a question but you've taken that into a statement and no, I have not unless my dog counts? and shit, that's where my cooties came from!

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    Ah so Ray Finkle was, in fact, trans then?
    I'm saying that the character, Ray Finkle, is emblematic of a transphobic idea that "not all trans people are real trans people!". Ray Finkle is not a real person, but the idea behind him/her (up for debate) comes from a real person.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2021-10-14 at 10:36 AM. Reason: oops, missed a very important word

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    literal
    /ˈlɪt(ə)r(ə)l/

adjective
    taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or exaggeration.
    "dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread"
    .....yes in the film Ace is sick. He is literally sick.

I have no words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Pretty wildly accepted they're meant to be trans but whatever I don't actually care about the film outside of the joke. I'll just discuss this as homophobic with you from now on.

Yes if you kiss a man then vomit because you kissed a man regardless of that man's sexual orientation that's homophobic because the thought of sexual or romantic contact with a man makes you sick
    Use that very, very special brain of yours which I still doubt even exists and Google the term Homophobic, please.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's still a comedy. You are aware of this right? What are you going to complain next about? Wile E Coyote isn't realistic?
    That the joke is transphobic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is hands down the most asinine thing I have ever read. Saying I'm the one to blame for sticking up for a marginalized groups. Top tier fucking gaslighting.
    Pot meet kettle.

You're here telling people that this actually fuels anti-trans rethoric and that people shouldn't support such things, and when the argument is turned on you, you retreat back into manipulation?

Perhaps reality is sinking in.

As i said: prime example of Confirmation Bias + Consensus Manipulation + Social Ostracization

You're ticking all the boxes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    I'm saying that the character, Ray Finkle, is emblematic of a transphobic idea that "not all trans people are real people". Ray Finkle is not a real person, but the idea behind him/her (up for debate) comes from a real person.
    Within the confines of the story, where do you justify Ray Finkle being trans?

15+ Year Old Account

Wildly accepted by absolutely nobody other than snowflakes like you.

For the last time: heterosexual men aren't attracted to other men. They can be as sick as it can get perfectly fine without being homophobic.

Use that very, very special brain of yours which I still doubt even exists and Google the term Homophobic, please.
    You're just going to pretend that finding gay act sickening isn't homophobic ok ....

- - - Updated - - -

For the last time: heterosexual men aren't attracted to other men. They can be as sick as it can get perfectly fine without being homophobic.
    You find a "gay" act sickening. That's homophobic dude.

.....yes in the film Ace is sick. He is literally sick.

I have no words.
    You don't understand the meaning of the word "literally". He tried to educate you and you still missed it. Grats.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just going to pretend that finding gay act sickening isn't homophobic ok ....

- - - Updated - - -

You find a "gay" act sickening. That's homophobic dude.
    You are beoynd help.

Back to square one;

The character wasn't trans.
    The reaction was to him kissing a guy, not a trans.

You have a brain? try using it.
    We've been over this. There's actually no legitimate argument that Einhorn wasn't trans. The ONLY source for that idea, as far as I can tell, is a single (kinda homophobic) character in the movie insisting that Einhorn "isn't really a woman".

Tell me again how pointing at someone who's presenting as female and going "THAT'S A MAN" isn't, on some level, at least - god I hate this word - problematic.

Wow. Getting this upset because an NPC from last decade had its name changed. Amazing.
    Hardly. This is just more wood to fuel the fire! My issues with blizzard started when they decided to smudge Warcraft III into a remake that destroyed the game after that they decided to burn a tree for some ... reason and ended up adding Thanos to the game.

The fact these shit developers are now enforcing their woke agenda is just another nail in the coffin. I haven't touched anything Blizzturd since february but its still upsetting seeing these people smudging the work of far more talented individuals.

I grew up playing Blizzard games and I think its rude as fuck having these 30 pronoun twitter folk that have been on the job for the last 3 or 4 years , going into puritan meltdown curating the game that they themselves turned to SHIT.

So yeah. Fuck Blizzard.

You don't understand the meaning of the word "literally". He tried to educate you and you still missed it. Grats.

- - - Updated - - -

You are beoynd help.
    I get it. I geniually don't understand how your not getting this. The joke is it's literally sickening to kiss a gay/trans dude/women. Because ace is sick afterwards. But the overall action is an extraction......

The preacher saying sex between men is a sin but doesn't call gay people the f slur isn't homophobic ... Ok
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-10-14 at 10:38 AM.

Tell me again how pointing at someone who's presenting as female and going "THAT'S A MAN" isn't, on some level, at least - god I hate this word - problematic.
    Well, if it's say... a fucking movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've been over this. There's actually no legitimate argument that Einhorn wasn't trans. The ONLY source for that idea, as far as I can tell, is a single (kinda homophobic) character in the movie insisting that Einhorn "isn't really a woman".

There's no legitimate reason that Einhorn was trans. Full fucking stop.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it. I geniually don't understand how your not getting this. The joke is it's literally sickening to kiss a gay/trans dude. Because ace is sick afterwards.

The preacher saying sex between men is a sin but doesn't call gay people the f slur isn't homophobic ... Ok
    The joke was it's sickening for a straight man to kiss another straight man, just very exaggerated because of the fact it was a comedic movie.

You're so obsessed with fact the joke was aimed at trans/gay people it's worrying, go get some help.