Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    Within the confines of the story, where do you justify Ray Finkle being trans?
    The fact that they present as female, got gender reassigning surgery, and - this is probably the biggest one - don't "drop the act" when they're caught. Wouldn't a faker just immediately go back to their "real" voice after being caught?

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    The joke was it's sickening for a straight man to kiss another straight man, just very exaggerated because of the fact it was a comedic movie

Thank you we agree on what the joke is just not the target....

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    The fact that they present as female, got gender reassigning surgery, and - this is probably the biggest one - doesn't "drop the act" when they're caught. Wouldn't a faker just immediately go back to their "real" voice after being caught?
    Didn't they actually spin "her" around and show everyone the "male package"? thus making everyone vomit. In fact, why did everyone vomit, because he kissed "her" or because they saw the cock tucked away? I'm still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You know very well that hateful people will twist that into "ALL OF THEM DO IT!" which is why it's important to be careful how you use it. If the majority of renditions is this type then that is the perception people will have about them.
    The movie is a work of fiction. If its possible to happen in real life why are people losing their shit defending this (yeth another) retarded change to a 15 old game calling the movie transphobic while there isn't a single reference to transgender people in that same movie. Its a dude in a dress.

/facepalm

We've been over this. There's actually no legitimate argument that Einhorn wasn't trans. The ONLY source for that idea, as far as I can tell, is a single (kinda homophobic) character in the movie insisting that Einhorn "isn't really a woman".
    Context matters. Two things:
    Cross dressing is not the same thing as being trans. Einhorn in the context of this story is essentially wearing an elaborate costume. You know how you can established Einhorn being trans? A journal entry the Ace finds that expresses Einhorn's frustration with the Miami dolphins and add some hints at trans-leaning? (for the lack of a better term, trans tendencies? ) A character, bigot or not, could point out more feminine type of traits or him not being comfortable being male presenting. Hell even screaming out at the climax, "AND I ALWAYS FELT A WOMAN ANYWAYS!" would have helped.

Tell me again how pointing at someone who's presenting as female and going "THAT'S A MAN" isn't, on some level, at least - god I hate this word - problematic.
    If this was Ace walking down the road and screaming that, sure you are right on board. But within the context of the story, that people were hopefully watching, "THAT'S A MAN!" is not to devalue the presenting of others, but rather to show Ray Einhorn's trickery.

Context matters a lot when you read stories, history, post, all that stuff. Context. Context. Context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    If Ray Finkle was a real trans, isn't it transphobic of Blizzard to remove the reference to them then? :thinking:
    No /10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    All you need to be made aware of is that the stance of these self anointed guardians falls apart when they're told that they conveniently ignore that within the group of people they claim to be defending are individuals that absolutely do not see themselves reflected in the complaints being made.

These "guardians" are preaching to their own crowd. That in group disagreement exists must be ignored, or their own sense of self righteousness falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I get it. I geniually don't understand how your not getting this. The joke is it's literally sickening to kiss a gay/trans dude/women. Because ace is sick afterwards. But the overall action is an extraction......

The preacher saying sex between men is a sin but doesn't call gay people the f slur isn't homophobic ... Ok
    People are trying to tell you that you don't understand the meaning of a word and you just keep doubling down on it. This is fantastic.

Did trans people actually post on social media about how this NPC was causing problems for them and wanted it removed or are we dealing with white knights such as yourself deciding what's best for "marginalized groups" you don't represent?
    I am 100% certain that even if I showed you numerous posts about people talking about how the NPC was causing problems, you would just call them a bunch of snowflakes. Because you're not interested in the facts. You're just interested on further supporting the marginalization of some groups of people, based on all of your comments thusfar.

The fact that they present as female, got gender reassigning surgery, and - this is probably the biggest one - don't "drop the act" when they're caught. Wouldn't a faker just immediately go back to their "real" voice after being caught?
    If the fake practiced for years? Maybe they can't change back? Or some elaborate Hollywood surgery that changed vocal cords. It is a work of fiction after all.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    People are trying to tell you that you don't understand the meaning of a word and you just keep doubling down on it. This is fantastic.
    Naoto understood my point why can't you

Do you need a bullet pointed list to explain it?

1. Ace kisses someone
    2. Ace finds this displeasing
    3. Ace reacts in a EXGERRATED way
    4. Ace is LITERALLY sick

Wow that was tough wasn't it! Look at that it's was exgerrated action and he was literally sick at the same time :O
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-10-14 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    If Ray Finkle was a real trans, isn't it transphobic of Blizzard to remove the reference to them then? :thinking:
    No. Because the reference isn't to the character. It's to the scene when Ace is repeating "Finkle. Einhorn. Finkle. Einhorn."

Even IF it's a reference to the character themselves, it's still transphobic because it's deadnaming the trans character.

And you're still missing the point. It literally doesn't matter whether or not Finkle/Einhorn is a "real trans". It's transphobic because it pushes the narrative that someone you thought was a woman might be an evil man in disguise! That's a transphobic bullshit take as old as transsexuality/transgenderism itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I am 100% certain that even if I showed you numerous posts about people talking about how the NPC was causing problems, you would just call them a bunch of snowflakes. Because you're not interested in the facts. You're just interested on further supporting the marginalization of some groups of people, based on all of your comments thusfar.
    Show me where actual trans people and not nobodies like you comment on how the NPC is affecting trans people and I'll admit you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Pot meet kettle.

You're here telling people that this actually fuels anti-trans rethoric and that people shouldn't support such things, and when the argument is turned on you, you retreat back into manipulation?

Perhaps reality is sinking in.

As i said: prime example of Confirmation Bias + Consensus Manipulation + Social Ostracization

You're ticking all the boxes here.
    You didn't turn shit around. You're just tossing out big words that have nothing to do with the situation in an attempt to look smart. All you're doing is looking like someone who is using a thesaurus to try and look like an intellectual saying offensive things. you haven't made a single legitimate point and are just disregarding everyone that has given a legitimate point as to why the first Ace Ventura movie contained a lot of homophobic and transphobic rhetoric.

Didn't they actually spin "her" around and show everyone the "male package"? thus making everyone vomit. In fact, why did everyone vomit, because he kissed "her" or because they saw the cock tucked away? I'm still confused.
    You're correct. Finkle/Einhorn did indeed still have a dinky. But they still had a lot of surgery to look that way before that point.

But let me ask: is a trans person not really trans unless they're post-op? Because that's also transphobic.

Show me where actual trans people and not nobodies like you comment on how the NPC is affecting trans people and I'll admit you're right.
    No you won't. I know for a fact you won't. You'll just disregard it and say they're just a snowflake and continue on with your hateful nonsense.

But you won't... because they are non existant. lol

They are removing references to humans xslling orcs "Green skins" because....racism. Jesus fucking Christ ...
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

But let me ask: is a trans person not really trans unless they're post-op? Because that's also transphobic.
    What does it mean to be trans?

No. Because the reference isn't to the character. It's to the scene when Ace is repeating "Finkle. Einhorn. Finkle. Einhorn."

Even IF it's a reference to the character themselves, it's still transphobic because it's deadnaming the trans character.

And you're still missing the point. It literally doesn't matter whether or not Finkle/Einhorn is a "real trans". It's transphobic because it pushes the narrative that someone you thought was a woman might be an evil man in disguise! That's a transphobic bullshit take as old as transsexuality/transgenderism itself.
    The trans character that was never considered trans, just a man dressing up as a female to escape the law. A character people like you are obsessed with being trans because it better fits your agenda.

That last part you posted is actually giving me brain damage trying to understand how you come to that conclusion, maybe I should stop reading your posts if I want to live longer. As I said before, you are the perfect definition of square pegs round holes.

- - - Updated - - -

No you won't. I know for a fact you won't. You'll just disregard it and say they're just a snowflake and continue on with your hateful nonsense.
    Prove me wrong, show me trans charities or something coming out and saying a 20 year old movie and an NPC in an MMO are causing issues for trans people, stop talking shite and just do it.

The complete nonsense you post is like me saying I know aliens exist but I won't post the proof as you won't believe me. Put up or shut up.