Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I don't understand How you can take the monumental leap required to assert that "man turns into woman to evade authorities" as broader commentary on trans people and their issues.
    If that's what you got from my posts, then maybe I haven't been clear enough.

My stance is that "men could pretend to be women to do crimes!" is an idea that people have regularly used to oppose and attack trans rights for as long as the discussion of trans rights has existed.
    And that contributing towards keeping that fear prevalent in the collective zeitgeist, whether deliberately or not, is harming the trans community.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It doesn't happen "less times than anything", it's a regular occurrence. But the frequency of it isn't really that important. What's important is that it's a real thing men do, and portraying it in film does not constitute bigotry and thus has no relevance to the rights of transgendered people.
    See above.

I cant think of anything worse then this game catering to the SJW twitter culture.

These constant news articles from wowhead /disable comments for good measure are tiring to read and just create this negative combatitive atmosphere between the people that think all these changes are virtue signaling BS (like me) and the "woke" crowd who finds anything and everything offensive.... especially the stuff they were not even aware of in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Except that the NPC was trapped inside a big animal, a reference to the rhino scene on AV2. If he was named Ace Carrey or Jim Ventura noone would be complaining.
    That's a bit of a stretch, but I guess I'll concede that that is a thing that the character and movie have in common.

And yeah. I doubt anyone would be complaining at that. Though to be fair, I don't think particularly many people ever complained about Finkle Einhorn either.

It was just a weird, slightly icky reference that no one gave a second thought to until it was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Yeesh. I get beating the crap out of the person you've been buying drinks for all night who suddenly pulls down his pants and places his giant schlong on the table when you thought it was a woman, but murder? Yikes..
    Attacking anyone physically is just as messed up but like...people are literally getting away with murdering trans people and all they need to say is "They lied and told me they were a woman/man but they weren't" even if that person wasn't getting physically intimate. It's disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    If that's what you got from my posts, then maybe I haven't been clear enough.

My stance is that "men could pretend to be women to do crimes!" is an idea that people have regularly used to oppose and attack trans rights for as long as the discussion of trans rights has existed.
    And that contributing towards keeping that fear prevalent in the collective zeitgeist, whether deliberately or not, is harming the trans community.

See above.
    Except no one makes that connection unless you inhabit an ecosystem where such logic is prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by unixx0rn View Post
    Yeah, no they are going way too far. I hate what the marxists in HR have done to this company. I will never give blizzard another dime in my life and I completely mean that 100%. Fuck the trans and the sjw pushing this shit. You have made me transphobic, racist, sexist and homophobic. congratulations.
    "Ugh I really wish marginalized groups would stay hated. I'm boycotting Blizzard for not being driven like hatred like I am."
    Like...ok dude.

This just reminds me of when trans people co-opted the term trap that the anime community had been using with no problems before to refer to males with feminine characteristics only in order to take offense to it and call for the word to be made into a hateful slur that may not be used by anyone anymore.

so are you just going to ignore the FACT that trans men in jail and in schools are sexually assaulting women in bathrooms? OK groomer pedo rapist

- - - Updated - - -

why yes, I hate (((marginalized))) groups of "people", how could you tell?
    There is absolutely zero evidence of people claiming to be trans just to assault people in bathrooms. As a matter of fact, the opposite has happened. There have been people barging into bathrooms, demanding to see people's genitals to make sure they're in the right bathroom. But ya know....nice burner account. Hopefully the mods ban you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Informed consent does matter, and Ace absolutely has the right to feel violated in that moment. But presenting "I accidentally kissed a gay" as "I was raped" is super gay-panic-y and gross.
    The only reason it's acted as ""I was raped"" by Ace Ventura is for the sake of comedic exaggeration. The movie does not take any stance on homosexuality or transexualism, it's a light comedy where Jim Carrey make funny faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    The only reason it's acted as ""I was raped"" by Ace Ventura is for the sake of comedic exaggeration. The movie does not take any stance on homosexuality or transexualism, it's a light comedy where Jim Carrey make funny faces.
    For the most part, I do agree. I love Ace Ventura, I think it's a goddamn hoot. I just also think that the "Einhorn is a man" joke(s?) have aged really really badly.

I play WoW for escapeism not to enter a clone of society. This day and age are so sick every last mentally ill person must be protected (IN A VIDEO GAME) from anything that they can perceive as offensive. I just don't get how people live for the sole reason to find anything and everything that they are offended by it just blows my mind how people are this feminised today, it's baffling.

Big surprise the SJW was from Southern Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    At this point I want every game with an English localisation/client to have one catered to European tastes/sensibilities and another for American tastes/sensibilities.
    In all honesty, you'd need one catered to Californian sensibilities and then one catered to American and European sensibilities.

Thankfully there's no bat shit crazy leftist liberal americans working at square enix, come on over to FFXIV guys, a fantasy game without all the real world bullshit

funny how there is an extremely high profile case of exactly this going on right now yet you claim there is ZERO evidence lol. google search Loudoun County trans bathroom you fucking shitbrain shitlib moron. you just randomly claim things as fact without even knowing anything. people like you making excuses for mentally ill predators is literally getting CHILDREN RAPED.
    Oh you mean the case that has no actual evidence proving that the attacker was wearing a skirt and only said he was to drum up hatred towards transgender individuals? you mean the 15 year old who had sexually assaulted someone else 5 months prior but was allowed back to school anyway? you mean the teenager who didn't identify as trans AT ALL and attacked someone while allegedly wearing a skirt inside a CLASSROOM and not a bathroom?

If you're going to make hate filled comments, try actually knowing the facts first. You can stop now.

typical mentally ill trans freak subhuman, cannot handle the truth "MODS LE BAN LE MEAN MAN" holy shit just join the 41% unironically asap you freak

- - - Updated - - -

join the 41%
    I'm not even trans lmao. I just fight against bigotry because mentalities like yours have absolutely no place in humane society.

I will always be surprised by Californian imperialism. It's like they live in their own bubble where they are the ones who call what's what, and ignore every critique as hateful bigoted fascists.
    Even funnier is that they aren't even minorities themselves often, or they put forward some token trans-black-lesbian who is highly paid.

For us minorities, we're less heard than ever. Our voices and language has been taken over by the patriarchy masquerading as progressive.

Kind of surprised this thread hasn't been moderated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nothing I said is an exaggeration. Everything I said is fact.

- - - Updated - - -

No. My solution is not using groups of people who are already treated like trash in society as the butt of a fucked up joke. Plenty of movies are funny without needing to make incredibly offensive comments.
    No. Jokes are jokes. "People A are disadvantaged so we can't make fun of them" & "People B are advantaged so it's okay to make fun of them" is still a BS double standard.

The way to fix people being unequal / treated with a double standard is to start treating people equally - not to switch to the exact opposite double standard to make people equal "in balance". This is a situation where two wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    But herein lies the rub.
    To many, he isn't a member of the opposite sex, but is a fully fledged woman (even though physically it is a man), and if you don't find her attractive, then you are an absolute bigoted asshole. Doesn't matter if she looks like a cave troll, doesn't matter if her genitalia doesn't match what you want, doesn't matter if she is unable to bear you children because of her original forced gender, doesn't matter if she keeps it hidden and doesn't reveal it to you so you feel there is a major breach of trust, doesn't matter one jot if she "isn't your type", or you just simply do not find her attractive in any shape or form, or she has the personality of a gorilla.

*You* are the asshole for not wanting to have sex with her or find her attractive, and you need to adjust your entire thought process to fit in with the beliefs of a minority.

Let's just say we flipped it, and said that every straight woman needs to find every man attractive, else they are a bigot and need to be ostracised legally and socially. See how dumb that is, and imagine the screeching that would happen.
    We are sadly reaching this level of stupidity.

Everyone should be protected at a legal standpoint. Everyone should have equal rights, and not live in fear of being ostracised or against the system.
    But that doesn't give people the right to try and force a view on someone else when they do not wish it, or to try and forcibly change the mind of someone else in a thought police sense. That way lies absolute tyranny, and sadly, many of the screeching Left cannot see this.
    As long as a person doesn't cause harm socially, legally, or physically to anyone, then they are absolutely free to think whatever the fuck they like.

As for the joke in the movie? He thought it was a woman, the guy didn't reveal he was a pre-op transexual (or whatever the fuck she is in the movie, maybe just a cross-dresser, who knows, best not to look into it deeply because it is a Jim Carrey film), and so Ace felt lied to. Perfectly normal reaction, and remember it is a Jim Carrey comedy film, he overreacts to *everything*.
    Finkle in the movie did not identify as a woman. He took the identity of a dead and missing woman in order to evade police. That's why it's considered transphobic. It paints transpeople as only doing it for nefarious reasons and it helps fuel the whole "they're going to sexually assault people in bathrooms!" despite that never happening. It also helps fuel toxic trans panic defense laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    No. Jokes are jokes. "People A are disadvantaged so we can't make fun of them" & "People B are advantaged so it's okay to make fun of them" is still a BS double standard.

The way to fix people being unequal / treated with a double standard is to start treating people equally - not to switch to the exact opposite double standard to make people equal "in balance". This is a situation where two wrongs don't make a right.
    Ok let me rephrase. It's just like if a white guy is making really fucked up and racist comments about black men. It's called "punching down".

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Finkle in the movie did not identify as a woman. He took the identity of a dead and missing woman in order to evade police. That's why it's considered transphobic. It paints transpeople as only doing it for nefarious reasons and it helps fuel the whole "they're going to sexually assault people in bathrooms!" despite that never happening. It also helps fuel toxic trans panic defense laws.
    Identity theft and disguise aren't transphobic.