Poll: would you pay 10k anima for 5k follower exp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

poll: would you pay 10k for 5k follower exp

all but one person in the comments of wowhead said they wouldn't pay 20k for 75k follower exp. I can't imagine they'd pay half that for 1/15th the product -- would you?

No way, but I also think that's a placeholder value and it will be adjusted to something more reasonable.

Most likely a placeholder value as it is a completely absurd cost on the preview.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't pay that but as others have said the value is probably a placeholder—a common thing they do—which frequently causes premature outrage.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i have no idea what you are talking about could i have a link to the source for this?, also what currency are we talking here? gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    2500 anima seems appropriate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i have no idea what you are talking about could i have a link to the source for this?, also what currency are we talking here? gold?
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/increas...nations-324505

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2500 anima seems appropriate?
    250 maybe. you can get 5k+ exp spread across five toons for 50 anima by way of mission.

@ everyone else: while in theory it could be a placeholder in practice it is in line with countless things before it.

Since the game has lost almost all of my interest now I have started to run out of anima, so even if I wanted (I don't) I couldn't afford such a token..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It depends on what the alternatives are. And it depends which covenant I am in currently. Though I guess we have new followers now so even my venthyr followers could use the XP I guess.

I still need most of the transmog that requires graceful offerings, so ideally I want to spend anima on that. If I drastically need to spend anima to prevent capping I'd rather get something that just translates directly to gold. Followers level themselves with time.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

i feel 1k would be better, as of current quests take up to 5 hours, arnt always up, and usually give 5k, and also require the minion be on the mission.
    The ones that give exp tokens usually give 3/5/10k but also require super high level ,and an entire day, and 100 anima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not. In sitting on over a million anima across my chars, might as well get something to spend it on.
    Hi

do you even get anything for getting those followers to lvl 60?

prolly better off just saving the anima in case they add something new to buy with it in next patch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would take account-wide tokens from missions over this every day. For 500 Anima maybe, but 10k is overkill.

Who gives a shit? Anima is useless and all of the "content" that rewards it is boring. It's totally ignore-able in its current state, much like the follower table, and that's perfect. The only point in spending Anima on Follower XP is to make your followers faster at... collecting anima from mission table quests that require zero input from you as a player. Cool. Make it cost a million anima and give a billion follower XP, who cares, only ten people who would otherwise be calling world quests "content" will ever actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    thanks it looks like a nice anima dump but it seems to be something that i personally wont need, i got 96k anima sitting here and if i go back to nf on my main all of my followers there were close to the 50s at least... so not something i would utilise

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I reckon that has to be a placeholder. no way is 10k anima worth 5k exp. for comparison's sake a mission that gives 1800exp costs 10 anima, 1 extra for every troop you send. even if you change covenants, the level of your followers on the adventure table has zero impact on gameplay so why would you even bother boosting them fast like that

I guess the anima could be neat for those who don't care at all about cosmetics and instead want to maximize adventure table gold, though even with that it seems a bit excessive for that price.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do mission table stuff so it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure I'm missing out on some cool stuff though.

I suppose it could be future proofing anima gains and rewards as well. Someone who has managed to keep up with 4 alts on different covenants should have managed to relatively easily buy most everything available with Anima at this point. Once 9.1.5 rolls around and you can change covenants consequence free this should allow those players to be all but done with everything regarding anima.

Once 9.2 releases we can expect to see even more anima, so unless there is some other infinite anima sink this could end up the only good way to get rid of it that isn't all but pointless, like the Korthite will no doubt end up as.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't do mission table stuff so it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure I'm missing out on some cool stuff though.
    4 mounts as well as a really good mostly passive source of anima.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'd pay 1k for 50k xp. Personally where I feel the value tipping point would be.

Edit: I thought we were talking gold. I'd pay 1k Anima for 10k follower xp
    Last edited by saeadeb; 2021-10-16 at 02:30 PM.