Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Even if he was, his abysmal performance as president and the hundreds of thousands dead wouldn't have been worth it.

To paraphrase, never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    Hey I never said he was good at anything :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Get the maximum body count of dead Americans plays better as a Russian double agent.
    Hah, true enough

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    I'm frustrated with Virginia as well. The media has really been horseracing the shit out of this.
    They spend a lot of coverage portraying Youngkin as some kind of centrist. Despite Youngkin being outloud with his Trump love. Or Youngkin bringing out a 1/6 Flag to a rally like a racist golden calf whistle.
    They also ran some outlier polls with "Youngking close or tied" earlier this week.

Anyways, they did this shit four years ago with Gillespie. They desperately want the GOP to win to be entertained.

Sure, if people need Doomerism as motivation to vote, so be it. I prefer to highlight the cool shit that Virginia Dems have done with total control over the past four years. From Civil rights to insulin price regulation.
    Lol it's the dearth of doomerism, which is to say Democrats' perpetual failure of imagination / unwillingness to grapple honestly with ascendant authoritarianism, that will probably usher in the end of our democracy*, but maybe policy optimism vs negative partisanship will work in VA, who knows:

"My problem with Shor's "say popular stuff" message is that it doesn't take into account an earlier set of ideas about why Americans vote the way they do: because they're motivated primarily by negative partisanship. Voters vote for one party because they hate the other party. Unpopular messaging hurts Democrats because Republicans and Fox News use it to make conservatives and moderates hate Democrats.

And Republicans don't have to worry about being "popularist" because Democrats rarely try to make voters hate Republicans.

Democrats refrain from taking advantage of negative partisanship even though, as that recent Larry Sabato survey argued, Democratic voters are nearly as angry at Republicans as Republicans are at Democrats. The Democrats win elections mostly when negative partisanship is thrust upon them -- as it was during Trump's presidency or George W. Bush's second term. Unlike Republicans, they don't stir up grievances, and they've never been good at nationalizing anger about local issues. (By contrast, Republicans make national issues out of nothing, as in the current panic over critical race theory in schools.)"

https://crooksandliars.com/2021/10/d...hor-popularism

*Just the latest: "Unsurprisingly the morning-after coverage of the commission’s draft report tells a familiar story of disgruntled lefty whack jobs who are bummed that they lost fair and square to McConnell and are further bummed that they can’t punch back. Lost entirely in that translation is the story about how the court’s loss of legitimacy might have at least as much to do with the actions of its members in recent years, as well as the actions of those who installed them.

Commissioner Nancy Gertner in her remarks Friday openly blamed the commission for ignoring how we got here in order to then ignore the present peril. She noted that “the draft doesn’t talk about how unique this moment is for our democracy, when one party is apparently seeking to embed its power for years and years to come through voting changes. And where the current Supreme Court, whether intentionally or unintentionally, whether in good faith or not, is enabling that.”"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...cy-crisis.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    I'm frustrated with Virginia as well. The media has really been horseracing the shit out of this.
    They spend a lot of coverage portraying Youngkin as some kind of centrist. Despite Youngkin being outloud with his Trump love. Or Youngkin bringing out a 1/6 Flag to a rally like a racist golden calf whistle.
    They also ran some outlier polls with "Youngking close or tied" earlier this week.

Anyways, they did this shit four years ago with Gillespie. They desperately want the GOP to win to be entertained.

Sure, if people need Doomerism as motivation to vote, so be it. I prefer to highlight the cool shit that Virginia Dems have done with total control over the past four years. From Civil rights to insulin price regulation.
    Politico still pushing insurrection I see. Even NBC refers to it as a riot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Politico still pushing insurrection I see. Even NBC refers to it as a riot anymore.
    Because it's the correct term to use.

n·sur·rec·tion
    /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
    noun
    a violent uprising against an authority or government.
    Was it violent? Yes.
    Was it an uprising? Yes.
    Was it against an authority or government? Also yes.

Therefore, it was an insurrection. Got any more bullshit takes, or are you quite finished carrying water for fascists?
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    I know you'll probably just disappear, but... I would love to hear your reasoning as to why a violent attempt at overthrowing a legitimate election wasn't an "insurrection."

Lemme guess, they were just tourists on a visit, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's weird that Trumpsters want to ignore the very definitions of words, because it makes their guys look bad. The least you guys could do, is get some better talking points from your pundits.

Going to bad for violent racists and fascists who are hell bent on bringing down the United States Government doesn't put you in a very good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I know you'll probably just disappear, but... I would love to hear your reasoning as to why a violent attempt at overthrowing a legitimate election wasn't an "insurrection."

Lemme guess, they were just tourists on a visit, right?
    I often find myself screaming and cowering behind armed capital police when tourist show up in my house uninvited, then proceed to unlawfully enter my home and attempt the breach barricades I've set up.

Oh wait, no, that's GOP congressman.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's weird that Trumpsters want to ignore the very definitions of words, because it makes their guys look bad. The least you guys could do, is get some better talking points from your pundits.

Going to bad for violent racists and fascists who are hell bent on bringing down the United States Government doesn't put you in a very good light.
    So the Biden FBI are in the can for Trump? Just going by the official narrative here.

So the Biden FBI are in the can for Trump? Just going by the official narrative here.
    Once again, the definitions of words, and what the fascist asshats said/did doesn't really care that you want to try and defend such bullshit.

Yes, thisnis the official narrative of Trumpsters.