Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Actually, wasn't this planned to be added in BFA due to its popularity in Legion? I might not be remembering something so don't quote me on that.









    Good to know. Because I mever did those questlines when they were current myself (I need to buy new computers is why I haven't played WoW since mid-Legion LOL).






    No, the major problem is the lack of incentive or reason for people to go back and do legacy content even if they didn't do it themselves before. We already know Blizzard can temporarily lower folks' power levels. In fact it's a big part of the Recruit a Friend Mechanics.

    A way to make legacy content relevant to max level players would be to incentivize it with Gold, Rep and level-appropriate gear. You could also add additional quests or repeatable quests as well.
    It isn't that simple... classes in wow can change drastically during patches much less expansions. Take arcane mages... depending when you played the spec either used arcane spells, fire spells, frost spells, or was a dot based dmg spec.

    That is just one class with one spec... you could do it for normal... maybe heroic but scaling mythic pre... wod maybe mop would be a nightmare.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    So the game should just be a complete and utter shitshow that barely anybody enjoys because a few nostalgic people on WoW forums think that everything in a video game should be relevant always forever?

    That has nothing to do with Ion.
    No, it should be a shitshow from the POV of a relatively small subset of semi-autists for the sake of there never being such a thing as a 'content drought'.

    This is a false binary - there isn't a choice between "classes that are all close enough to be playable" (the only rational 'balance' objective) and "there is always stuff to do in the game other than grind current power system". Good game design means doing both of these things.

    And as long as you are on the right footing at a philosophical level the latter takes care of itself. Remember, it takes work to make content obsolete. You choose what happens to characters levels, to their power, and to the rewards related to prior content, you do additional programming to make them happen. You could just not. You could rethink how characters progress and do it in ways that doesn't make those things irrelevant. Or just add XP to old content, level scaling, and cosmetic rewards that assure max level characters might want to do it.

  3. #43
    I would love to see them turn old raids into 5 to 10 man flexible mega dungeons with their own queue, dropping mythic 0 level gear using original loot tables as an addition to Chromie time for level 60 players or whatever the max level will be in the future.

    Also would be nice to see all end-game heroic and mythic dungeons from previous expansions not currently available in Chromie time or TW added to the timewalking roaster of dungeons as well as enable old content endgame open world zones to scale to 60 during the TW event period for level appropriate rewards. Timewalking should repeat every week rotating through all previous expansions.

    Basically raids have their own separate queue for levels 50 to 60 available via Chromie time. Dungeons and open world end game zones are part of TW with level appropriate rewards and new world quests. F2p expanded to level 50.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-10-17 at 01:43 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    No, it should be a shitshow from the POV of a relatively small subset of semi-autists for the sake of there never being such a thing as a 'content drought'.
    Jesus fuck man, you went right for the nuclear option by calling anybody who doesn't want to play the game you want to play "semi-autists."

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    This is a false binary - there isn't a choice between "classes that are all close enough to be playable" (the only rational 'balance' objective) and "there is always stuff to do in the game other than grind current power system". Good game design means doing both of these things.
    In other words, good game design is "make the game exactly the way I think it should be made."

    Got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    And as long as you are on the right footing at a philosophical level the latter takes care of itself. Remember, it takes work to make content obsolete. You choose what happens to characters levels, to their power, and to the rewards related to prior content, you do additional programming to make them happen. You could just not. You could rethink how characters progress and do it in ways that doesn't make those things irrelevant. Or just add XP to old content, level scaling, and cosmetic rewards that assure max level characters might want to do it.
    And here you provide the world with an absolutely astonishing example of your complete inability to understand how games work. You want to classify what would be one of the largest undertaking Blizzard has ever taken which, by a lot of measures, wouldn't even improve the game (except for the people like you who classify anything that Blizzard doesn't do as "ignoring feedback") as "just additional programming." I'm glad you think of your opinion so highly. But I'm even more glad Blizzard doesn't listen to people like you.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    It isn't that simple... classes in wow can change drastically during patches much less expansions. Take arcane mages... depending when you played the spec either used arcane spells, fire spells, frost spells, or was a dot based dmg spec.

    That is just one class with one spec... you could do it for normal... maybe heroic but scaling mythic pre... wod maybe mop would be a nightmare.
    DPS is however still DPS. You do sometimes see old design ideas clash with new ones like how Legion tried really hard to make active mitigation important, but these moments are few and far between.
    And even then, stuff like that can usually be changed pretty easily.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    DPS is however still DPS. You do sometimes see old design ideas clash with new ones like how Legion tried really hard to make active mitigation important, but these moments are few and far between.
    And even then, stuff like that can usually be changed pretty easily.
    How? Class self healing changes drastically a lot of old bosses have phases designed around ranged not being able to cast while moving. Defenses on tanks has skyrocketed from active mitigation and never mind the countless ways healing has expanded...

    How do you tune old abilities around more powerful kits then they are designed around?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •