WoW having years worth of content is a lie - WoW’s playable content is limited

The devs not wanting people doing old content should be enough for people to refuse to sub. That content being rendered obsolete and useless by the devs is not cool. After all, we paid for it and it should remain relevant. No wonder potential new players aren’t recommended to play WoW by their WoW veteran friends.

No game other than WoW renders all of its raids completely irrelevant at end game, with the exception of the latest patch content, limiting its playable content to that of the most recent few months as opposed to all content in the game since the game’s launch in 2004.

People praising WoW for having years worth of content are simply liars because of this.

Solo transmog runs where you one shot bosses is not what these raids were intended for when they were experienced as part of the most recent patch content.

I would love to see them turn old raids into 5 to 10 man flexible mega dungeons with their own queue, dropping mythic 0 level gear using original loot tables as an addition to Chromie time for level 60 players or whatever the max level will be in the future.

Also would be nice to see all end-game heroic and mythic dungeons from previous expansions not currently available in Chromie time or TW added to the timewalking roaster of dungeons as well as enable old content endgame open world zones to scale to 60 during the TW event period for level appropriate rewards.

On the topic of reintroducing old expansions as standalone classic servers: It’s worse than using a “copy cat” of a system all other mmos have (which is the Chromie time/TW suggestion above), it’s reintroducing old content as completely separate versions of WoW running in parallel to each other and it will take years and years to even be able to experience a certain content after which these game servers will die as evident with classic, making it completely not worth touching since we know there is no longevity. It’s 100 times worse as not only does it briefly resurrect old content and kills it again, but it splits up players between different versions of the game.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-10-16 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    The devs not wanting people doing old content should be enough for people to refuse to sub. That content being rendered obsolete and useless is not for the devs to decide. After all we paid for it and it should remain relevant. No wonder potential new players aren’t recommended to play WoW by their WoW veteran friends.

No game other than WoW renders all of its raids completely irrelevant at end game, with the exception of the latest patch content, limiting its playable content to that of the most recent few months as opposed to all content in the game since the game’s launch in 2004.

People praising WoW for having years worth of content are simply liars because of this.

Solo transmog runs where you one shot bosses is not what these raids were intended for when they were played as the most recent patch content.
    They've attempted to redo stuff with timewalking but I get what you're saying. I don't know if the older content is what's making people not recommend wow - I believe its cool right now to hate on the game because some people jumped ship the second they had a "moral" reason to - For me: I just tell everyone.. Play what makes you happy.

If someone dislikes the game, that's fine - but a lot of people still enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I believe its cool right now to hate on the game because some people jumped ship the second they had a "moral" reason to
    Its cool to hate WoW because WoW is getting worse every patch and its going on since WoD. Also its fairly obvious that WoW devs dont play the game, dont know what fun games are and dont listen to feedback. Blizzard was a developer of gamers that made games for gamers. Now they are just corporate slaves who make games to boost their monthly player engagement. And players are fed up with it. There is only so much disappointment that you can bear. The moral reason is just the last straw.

The devs not wanting people doing old content should be enough for people to refuse to sub.
    Uhhh... that is most certainly not the case. The devs do want you to still do old content, hence why it's all (mostly) available. If they "didn't want" you doing old content, it would have been removed from the game.

That content being rendered obsolete and useless is not for the devs to decide.
    Uhhh it totally is, though. It's their game. They decide the rules.

After all we paid for it and it should remain relevant.
    We pay to play the game, not to decide what remains relevant or not. What you're doing is basically saying "I pay for Netflix, so I should decide when their shows should end."

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Uhhh... that is most certainly not the case. The devs do want you to still do old content, hence why it's all (mostly) available. If they "didn't want" you doing old content, it would have been removed from the game.

Uhhh it totally is, though. It's their game. They decide the rules.

We pay to play the game, not to decide what remains relevant or not. What you're doing is basically saying "I pay for Netflix, so I should decide when their shows should end."
    Using the Netflix example you brought up here: I can watch any show any number of times and at any time and it would still be the same. Not with WoW.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-10-16 at 01:19 AM.

Using the Netflix example you brought up here: I can watch any show any number of times and at any time and it would still be the same. Not with WoW.
    Shows get removed from Netflix all the time.

Solo transmog runs where you one shot bosses is not what these raids were intended for when they were experienced as part of the most recent patch content.
    Bro, when blizzard messed with the people doing and enjoying exactly this in 7.3.5 due to the new level scaling back then introducing some bugs... I've never seen so many new people posting and venting their anger in the official forums, these guys are a large part of the game.

And I'm not sure if WoW should go the FF14 route in terms of scale and replayability, that game was kinda build up for that while WoW wasn't.

10.0 needs some real innovation, not playing copy cat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLucky1 View Post
    Bro, when blizzard messed with the people doing and enjoying exactly this in 7.3.5 due to the new level scaling back then introducing some bugs... I've never seen so many new people posting and venting their anger in the official forums, these guys are a large part of the game.

And I'm not sure if WoW should go the FF14 route in terms of scale and replayability, that game was kinda build up for that while WoW wasn't.

10.0 needs some real innovation, not playing copy cat.
    It’s worse than playing a copy cat now: it’s reintroducing old content as completely separate versions of WoW running in parallel to each other and it will take years and years to even be able to experience a certain content after which these game servers will die as evident with classic. It’s 100 times worse as not only does it briefly resurrect old content and kills it again, but it splits up players between different versions of the game.

WoW has an infinite amount of content if you actually play the whole game.
    If you burn through content and have zero interest in anything other than said content then this is not a game to play long term.
    I know a lot of people do this, but I would at least recommend finding something to compliment it.

Collection is the main one. You will be in for a serious amount of hours if you are even remotely interested in collection in WoW.

But frankly, if you are making a post like this non-ironically, you are not likely interested in looking for ways to make the game more fun for you.

In case you are, have a look into party syncing into Chromie time and explore the old dungeons and raids.
    You might be surprised with the results.

Just use your imagination a bit, and you will never feel like there is a lack of content again in the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Is it? Are you telling me you never know what would happen on an episode no matter how many times you watch it?

wow definitely has years worth of content if you are a tmog/mount/pet/toys/etc collector.

problem ofc is that it's pretty hard to get invested enough into the game to actually care about that due to a myriad of different factors.

the other big problem with re-using old content is that timewalking exist, and the big lesson of timewalking is: most people only do it for player power rewards. that's a hard fact to get around if you want more investment into re-using old content. You'd have to come up with some new creative reward system that both makes it worth it for people to do the content (especially if it's tuned harder and thus takes much more time) while simultaneously not invalidating current content. pretty tough problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking an answer from one thread and making another based on that answer is essentially creating a second thread on the same topic.

Closing this.

For more see here at the original thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ntent-relevant
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."