Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Homecoming

A concept discussed by many over the years:

A truce between the Horde and Alliance. Let each race have its own already existing home city instead of a faction, with palyers having the choice between which existing city will be their home.

Let Faction war cease, battlegrounds and arenas will still be functional however as well as opt-in world PvP, but instead of factions there will be guilds or wahtever other artificial seperation groups that particular character can join.

Ambassador system: Any character created on a faction can opt to visit any city or settelment without being attacked, if PvP is switched off for that character.

Player Housing, Player Ships, Mount Costomization, Farming

Focus on whatever existential threat there is at the moment isntead.
    Last edited by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir; 2021-10-16 at 10:23 AM.

Not possible anymore after BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Not possible anymore after BfA.
    Time mends every wound, be it emotional or physical.

World of Warcraft: Homeless

Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir View Post
    Time mends every wound, be it emotional or physical.
    Time doesnt heal trauma wounds. Trauma wounds need to be healed through treatment and action.
    Theres a reason why PTSD gets worse with time if untreated.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Time doesnt heal trauma wounds. Trauma wounds need to be healed through treatment and action.
    Theres a reason why PTSD gets worse with time if untreated.....
    Sure, the treatment must be present as well, the concept itself is meant ot be taken more figuratively, than literally.
    It means with the right mindset and time anything is achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    World of Warcraft: Homeless
    Night elves story finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Well, it touches upon some of the issues that the game has namely:

1. Races being tied to factions, causing a lot of the most attractive and interesting races to be stuck to a dead faction (Alliance).

2. Lack of evergreen content (housing)

After that they should also improve further on adding collectible cosmetics to the game and find a way to diversify their end-game content by making old content relevant again in the cycle, basically they should just do all of the things FFXIV does.

But uhm, I've little to no hope for anything good coming out of them. Whenever entertainment gets touched by a certain ideology: the art, immersion and world will start to feel soulless / less real.

I wholeheartedly agree with EVERY point you brought up

Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir View Post

Player Housing, Player Ships, Mount Costomization, Farming

Yeah, let's use that precious workforce and resources to turn the game into Harvest Moon.

*meanwhile in Blizzard HQ they are struggling with the release of 9.1.5....*
    "What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the future.. like.. 3-4 expansions.. But currently, even with us in Shadowlands, shit is volatile.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Considering how the faction balance is going, it feels almost inevitable that they need to find a way to let us play cross-faction. I know that comes with certain lore hurdles to get over because Alliance and Horde has conflicting goals and PVP is based on the conflict between them but you could argue that that it's just as big of a problem to have a 95/5 ratio of horde to alliance than it would be to allow for them to team up in certain aspects (whether that's same guild or same dungeon/raid).

World of Warcraft: No Way Home

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    World of Warcraft: No Way Home
    World of Warcraft: Far From Home

In all seriousness, next expansion is for sure going to be named:

World of Warcraft: New World.

You know it!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-16 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    World of Warcraft: Far From Home

In all seriousness, next expansion is for sure going to be named:

You know it!
    World of Warcraft: A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    World of Warcraft: A New Hope
    World of Warcraft: The Black Empire Strikes Back

(could even be legit, N'Zoth "died" @ 3% )

At OP. I love the idea of choosing of city for each character. I would like to see the races being more in focus. Factions has been the "main" thing for too long now, though my hope for the faction restrictions to be gone faded in BfA.

But if it happens, updating cities, both visually and lorewise would be great for your idea, that we can choose a home city. It could feel like Garrison and Class Hall, just bigger. Put some content in the cities. Would make cities feel more alive too.

Imagine seeing Ironforge filled again with Dwarf and Gnome players. It would be great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    World of Warcraft: Walk Ender?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Yeah, let's use that precious workforce and resources to turn the game into Harvest Moon.

Why not? We already have an existing pokemon minigame,

a way more advanced Harvest Moon aspect would give players something new to do while waiting on queues to pop.

Combine that with housing and a full fledged editor, and Blizzard is set for years on this front.

Even existing garrison and MoP farm resources - which were the basis of this to begin with - could be rerouted to your personal home and expanded upon.
    Last edited by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir; 2021-10-16 at 05:53 PM.

I don't know if WoW can survive if they don't add catgirls to the game in the next expansion.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeesh, player housing. Should remove mythic raiding and M+ while we’re at it too, that’ll surely fix the game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post

Isn't it depressing to play an MMO that has a more narrow scope than most ARPGs? And the only excuse is that the playerbase is so battered they have to excuse an insanely rich company for not wanting to spend money on it.

Everything he posted is normal shit in an MMO, you've just been conditioned to expect literally nothing. The corpse of Blizzard really has their circus seals trained well, they legitimately do clap for anything.