Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeFuryWarrioir View Post
    Time mends every wound, be it emotional or physical.
    That's true, but NE and Draenei live VERY long. If we do a 20k years timeskip, ok, I can see it work.
    Do you see a 20k years timeskip happen tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That's true, but NE and Draenei live VERY long. If we do a 20k years timeskip, ok, I can see it work.
    Do you see a 20k years timeskip happen tho?
    We could theoretically wait 20k years in the Shadowlands as time moves slower in the digital world... or bring cake and have a big party

Whichever comes first.

Let Qui-Gons be byegones.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yeesh, player housing. Should remove mythic raiding and M+ while we’re at it too, that’ll surely fix the game.
    Careful, you'll summon @Osmeric.

OT: Player housing is a terrible idea and a complete waste of development resources.

Quote Originally Posted by relapses View Post
    careful, you'll summon @osmeric.

Ot: Player housing is a terrible idea and a complete waste of development resources. /kappa
    fify...........

Well, can't have racial discrimination so this is coming xD

7+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Endwalker
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    World of Warcraft: Walk Ender?
    World of Warcraft: Ender's Game?

fify...........
    There's no Kappa. It's a complete fucking waste of time and the only reason I ever see it brought up in the WoW community is so people can just circlejerk negativity about Blizzard for "refusing to listen to the playerbase." I'd sooner unsubscribe from the game than support the developers implementing a completely useless feature like player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Isn't it depressing to play an MMO that has a more narrow scope than most ARPGs? And the only excuse is that the playerbase is so battered they have to excuse an insanely rich company for not wanting to spend money on it.

Everything he posted is normal shit in an MMO, you've just been conditioned to expect literally nothing. The corpse of Blizzard really has their circus seals trained well, they legitimately do clap for anything.
    Is this a case of "i want things my way" else you are all Blizzard's puppets?

Cause it kinda looks that way.

There's no Kappa. It's a complete fucking waste of time and the only reason I ever see it brought up in the WoW community is so people can just circlejerk negativity about Blizzard for "refusing to listen to the playerbase." I'd sooner unsubscribe from the game than support the developers implementing a completely useless feature like player housing.
    There!
    That guy sums it up beautifully in a few sentences!
    "What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

I mean... yes, that would be great for the game. But the vocal "purist" fans will flip over their faction war and faction hate, unable to see how this would open more zones to all players, improve queue times for players, more evergreen content, more friends and more content because resources wouldn't be split in 2.

But, i don't expect that to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Isn't it depressing to play an MMO that has a more narrow scope than most ARPGs? And the only excuse is that the playerbase is so battered they have to excuse an insanely rich company for not wanting to spend money on it.

Everything he posted is normal shit in an MMO, you've just been conditioned to expect literally nothing. The corpse of Blizzard really has their circus seals trained well, they legitimately do clap for anything.
    Pretty much. When you haven't played it and know the fun in it, you can't miss it.
    Honestly Blizzard designs their game to condition player over players power and making them compete over it, even in a pve scenario to the point they don't even care about the RPG part, they just want the instanced mmo.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-10-16 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Is this a case of "i want things my way" else you are all Blizzard's puppets?
    Pretty much. I say this as someone who considers Argus to have been a complete half-assing, and is disappointed about the removal of the fart jokes.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-17 at 08:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A better name right now would World of Warcraft: Resurrection.

But it'd be a lot to live up to.

7+ Year Old Account
    isn't the game story already bad enoughfor those nonsense suggestions?

ending the factions is the nail in the coffin of wow lore, is something "total", something we can't go back,

Iam all up for player housing, as you chose your house in each racial capital, but NOT ending factions

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    isn't the game story already bad enoughfor those nonsense suggestions?

ending the factions is the nail in the coffin of wow lore, is something "total", something we can't go back,

Iam all up for player housing, as you chose your house in each racial capital, but NOT ending factions
    What good has the faction war done for WoW lore?

The Horde picks a fight, after some early losses the Alliance fights back, internal strife in the Horde, the Alliance wins but (For gameplay reasons) doesn't follow through, the Horde promises to not do it again (Players of both factions are outraged), wait a few years, repeat.

Nobody is ever happy with faction war stories, let alone how they have to end in tentative peace without any repercussions, in order to keep the (apparently) sacred two-faction contrivance going.

And now the Alliance is bleeding players to the point that doing endgame content is pretty much a Horde-only affair (Just look at the raid hall of fame), and the faction split is having serious gameplay repercussions, so it's a good time to just drop the whole faction split, now the plot-metronome has swung back to "Let's fight together against this ineffable evil because neither of us can handle him alone!" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Considering how the faction balance is going, it feels almost inevitable that they need to find a way to let us play cross-faction. I know that comes with certain lore hurdles to get over because Alliance and Horde has conflicting goals and PVP is based on the conflict between them but you could argue that that it's just as big of a problem to have a 95/5 ratio of horde to alliance than it would be to allow for them to team up in certain aspects (whether that's same guild or same dungeon/raid).
    PvP could be a conflict between factions that are within the grand coalition of the Horde and Alliance. Warsong vs Silverwing, Frostwolves vs Stormpikes and so on. Open-World PvP mode could shift the power balance between the two factions in the contested area, so you're not fighting for the Horde or the Alliance, but for the Knights of Arathor or the Defilers (which could also allow for players to pledge allegiance to a side in the conflict that they wouldn't get in the Horde vs Alliance paradigm). For example, Stromgarde Keep and Hammerfall could become capturable objectives for those allied with the Arathor or Defiler camps.

That way you give players the option to play cross-faction between Horde and Alliance, while still enabling the micro-faction conflicts in the world that drive the instanced BG content (WSG has, after all, always been about the conflict between the Warsong and the Silverwing for supremacy in the Northern Barrens and Ashenvale) and giving those with World PvP turned on an incentive to do so.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-10-17 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Not possible anymore after BfA.
    You say this and yet Blizzard is blatantly aware of the massive faction imbalance and how 80%+ of the playerbase is Horde right now and how Alliance is struggling to have much of a community. Lore might be like "wah wah this makes no sense" but it's going to happen one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    What we need is World of Warcraft: Vengeance expansion. The Alliance sack Orgimmar, kill all the orcs. "Kill" all the Undead. The Tauren can stay, they cool. From a gameplay standpoint merge the factions. Anyone who has a current orc or undead character gets a free race change to something else, as those races don't exist anymore. We can carry the story on from there no hard feelings.

Literally any mmo with player housing helps players feel connected to their characters on a more personal level. In a time where social interactivity is at an all time low, this feature is even more welcome. Any system that ensures fostering connections helps in bridging the gap between palyers and theri characters, thus becoming way more involved in the game than they previosly ever were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    What we need is World of Warcraft: Vengeance expansion. The Alliance sack Orgimmar, kill all the orcs. "Kill" all the Undead. The Tauren can stay, they cool. From a gameplay standpoint merge the factions. Anyone who has a current orc or undead character gets a free race change to something else, as those races don't exist anymore. We can carry the story on from there no hard feelings.
    Lol, sounds like you really don't like orcs and undead whatever did they do to invoke your boundless ire agaisnt them?

5+ Year Old Account
    World of warcraft Sex, Lies, and Videotape

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You say this and yet Blizzard is blatantly aware of the massive faction imbalance and how 80%+ of the playerbase is Horde right now and how Alliance is struggling to have much of a community. Lore might be like "wah wah this makes no sense" but it's going to happen one way or the other.

Actually, all the last statements from Blizzard were like this:

- There is no faction imbalance in any aspect of the game except very high end PVE (+15 dungeons and mythic raids)
    - The divide is a core aspect of warcraft
    - We don't really give a fuck

Don't get me wrong by the, I'm playing "high end" PVE on alliance side, I would 100% benefit from this change. I would not only benefit from it, I see it as absolutely necessary.
    Hell, even ignoring gameplay before BfA I was 100% on board with this just for lore reasons because it made complete sense. Then BfA came and Blizzard decided to take away every grey aspect of story telling and just went for "Horde inherently evil, alliance can do no wrong", created a genocide out of nowhere that affected one of the longest living races and never managed to find a conclusion for that.

I'm just no matter if it is badly needed or even makes sense in the lore, I really would not bet on them implementing it. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, sounds like you really don't like orcs and undead whatever did they do to invoke your boundless ire agaisnt them?
    No matter what I, as a player, think about Orcs (I fucking love them), but if you really have to ask why UD and Orcs are a huge problem for any lasting peace between the factions, I suggest you stop skipping every single quest text, cut scene, cinematic, short story, book or interview for the past 25 years. Like come on. You can still disagree on the "Sack OG and kill all orcs and undeath" part, you can say that you actually enjoy their story lines, but asking "What did they do that made you so angry?" is just trolling at this point