Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think Wrathion will help us free Anduin?

Title.

We know there's a specific chemistry between both (fits Blizzard recent agenda very well on top of that). Will Wrathion's compassion for Anduin help us in freeing him from the Jailer's influence? Will Wrathion partake in Anduin's rescue? This could neatly tie over into the next expansion, which might be Dragonflight-focused as well.

What do you think?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It would be nice, but I don't think they'll remember Wrathion. But who knows.

I doubt it. It really feels like they just pluck 4 or 5 lore characters at the start of an expansion who'll be relevant for the plot.

I won't write anything out, but right now the main "focus characters" are Sylvanas, Anduin, Thrall, and Jaina, and we might see Baine again. We "just" saw Wrathion's arc with N'zoth, I wouldn't expect to see much of him until we find out where that old god infused xal'atath knife, or xal'atath the entity is.

We might see some of the death knight characters involved too, since the next place we'll see Sylvanas is being imprisoned/interrogated by them. They've gotten basically no attention in an expansion about death which has been just criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I half expect for the ghost/soul/spirit of Varian to play a role in Anduin's boss fight and freeing from the Jailer's will.

Although he was disintegrated by Fel magic from Gul'dan and Fel supposedly consumes/destroys souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

We know there's a specific chemistry between both (fits Blizzard recent agenda very well on top of that). Will Wrathion's compassion for Anduin help us in freeing him from the Jailer's influence? Will Wrathion partake in Anduin's rescue? This could neatly tie over into the next expansion, which might be Dragonflight-focused as well.

What do you think?
    How would he get there? Everyone that is there with us from Azeorth came here when we did using bolvars helm fragments. From a story standpoint that opening has closed until we reopen it.

why does this feel like a anduin X wrathion shipper request?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post

Because OP is doing his best to pretend he's being subtle about it.

True love's kiss will break the domination spell, I don't want the story to go any other way.

Can't wait to read Warcraft: Call Me By Your Name later next year.

I actually like this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

What do you think?
    I honestly forgot Wrathion was a thing and when I could not remember, I am 100% certain Blizzard could not either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    How would he get there? Everyone that is there with us from Azeorth came here when we did using bolvars helm fragments. From a story standpoint that opening has closed until we reopen it.
    That is not true, there are people from Azeroth all over the place now in Oribos. Its. Tourist point right now and I am not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Because OP is doing his best to pretend he's being subtle about it.
    I mean, it's what I was implying, yes. It fits Blizzard's agenda right now very well and make a very prominent character another token. I didn't want to make this the main topic of this thread though.

I just think a Wrathion that steps into Shadowlands (the expansion) to help us free Anduin would follow is character, build up on established lore and work as a bridge into the next expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    I mean does that really matter? Wrathion is Anduin's boyfriend.

Why? Wrathion got what he wanted, he's done with us again. Does no one remember post MoP?

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

I'm calling some sort of messy redemption story where Sylvanas sacrifices herself to free him and stop Jailer

I don't even think we'll make a CAMEO in SL.

That 'specific chemistry' is in your head lol

I don't think so, the way the story go it will be Jaina or sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    I mean does that really matter? Wrathion is Anduin's boyfriend.

You've been playing the wrong game sorry

Wrathion, as of this current moment, is only good for the dragon isles expansion. Im sure he knows about the shadowlands incident but i highly doubt he knows the current whereabouts of Anduin. He could know hes missing but not know where he is. Also, how would Wrathion even get to the shadowlands?
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, then they will kiss and become lovers. Making them the first 2 King hierarchy... or they can both be 'queens' am I right....

Let me dream dammit!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance