Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's funny because Christie Golden explicitly stated that Anduin was straight in several tweets, but with everything that's been happening in regards to damage control, I can absolutely see them walking that back for the sake of "inclusivity" and "diversity" and totally not some overblown, half-assed agenda as mentioned by OP

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this guy! Yeah, he owes him! He definitely should. It would be funny to see them together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's funny because Christie Golden explicitly stated that Anduin was straight in several tweets, but with everything that's been happening in regards to damage control, I can absolutely see them walking that back for the sake of "inclusivity" and "diversity" and totally not some overblown, half-assed agenda as mentioned by OP
    He's straight as long as they want him to be straight, lol. That can change in a minute. Maybe he's just bi curious or whatever. The sky is the limit.

But: that's not my point.

It's more about the implications of an upcoming Dragon Isles expansion where Wrathion for sure would play a role. And so we would have a link between the end of Shadowlands (Wrathion helping to rescue Anduin) and the start of the next one (Wrathion being the Aspect of the Black Dragons).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

We know there's a specific chemistry between both (fits Blizzard recent agenda very well on top of that). Will Wrathion's compassion for Anduin help us in freeing him from the Jailer's influence? Will Wrathion partake in Anduin's rescue? This could neatly tie over into the next expansion, which might be Dragonflight-focused as well.

What do you think?
    Actually Khadgar is lurking around so if anything it might be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    I mean does that really matter? Wrathion is Anduin's boyfriend.
    Anduin isnt gay.
    He has been shown to be interested in women
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Possibly in the fanfictions of the horny side of Twitter/Tumblr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless the Void pulls something, I don't see Wrathion making an appearance. But who knows, this could all be a trick

Blizzard would never be so brave.

Where have you concocted gay couple theory, because they had a chat in a Pandaria pub or erm i don't get it. There been nothing thats even hinted at this

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Blizzard would never be so brave.
    Imagine trying to censor this in China. It would be entire cutscenes just cutting out to a screen saying "And Anduin and Wrathion sat together celebrating the merits of wise state leadership and selfless citizen service".

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Anduin isnt gay.
    He has been shown to be interested in women
    like that has ever stopped woke writers before.

anwyays wrathion had his time in the sun last expansion so he is on the bench now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Imagine trying to censor this in China. It would be entire cutscenes just cutting out to a screen saying "And Anduin and Wrathion sat together celebrating the merits of wise state leadership and selfless citizen service".
    fuck China... they can deal with their fantasy reality where LGBT people don't exist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    like that has ever stopped woke writers before.

anwyays wrathion had his time in the sun last expansion so he is on the bench now.
    Yeah they literally turned Flynn from straight to gay in the same expansion he was created in. He has a crush on Taelia then because people shipped him with Shaw they had him go gay. I know people will say "but he could be bi" well then why not mention a dude he had a crush on too in the beginning? Just create the shit you want from the beginning don't go changing shit later on.

Boy friend and boyfriend are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I doubt it. It really feels like they just pluck 4 or 5 lore characters at the start of an expansion who'll be relevant for the plot.
    Ya, this is essentially what they do.
    A big part of why is because of voice acting.
    This were likely easier when they could have characters not need new lines every patch, but now it seems they want to keep people under some contract or agreement, and as such they are unwilling to commit to a wide swath of characters.
    This is likely what happened with Kadghar.

Characters that SHOULD be included as minor elements moving forward, but because of work flow, just get brushed away.

So if Wrathion was going to be a part of this expansion, he would have appeared already, as he would have been part of a continuation from 8.3's dealings.

If anything, I think we will see some Arthas stuff here. Seems like a lot of hints towards it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Wrathion is 6 or 7 years old. Yikes.

Nah

It's already the tri-tastic trio Jaina, Bolvar and Thrall who will be the heroes and saviors of all this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Nah

It's already the tri-tastic trio Jaina, Bolvar and Thrall who will be the heroes and saviors of all this expansion
    Isn’t Bolvar basically chilling in Oribos all the time? He’s as useless as Tyrande and that means something.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah they literally turned Flynn from straight to gay in the same expansion he was created in. He has a crush on Taelia then because people shipped him with Shaw they had him go gay. I know people will say "but he could be bi" well then why not mention a dude he had a crush on too in the beginning? Just create the shit you want from the beginning don't go changing shit later on.
    THIS JUST IN: MMO-C user literally needs you to introduce your characters with "I like to bang guys AND girls" in order to comprehend bisexuality. More at 11!

It'd come a bit out of nowhere, he hasn't been in this expansion at all.

The usual ways to break mindcontrol is either to break the magical whatever that does the controlling, or a big dramatic "I know you're in there!" moment, where the mindcontrol is broken by some kind of deep emotional connection (often of the romantic variety)

Despite what fanfiction writers say, Wrathion and Anduin are not a couple. I'm not even sure I'd call them friends anymore, going by that cinematic in BfA. "You got my father killed" is a pretty big thing to have to work past.

I just hope we do get a chance to free him, and it doesn't end up being something like we have to kill him in a boss fight, but then his spirit hangs around in the Shadowlands being all sad and mopey. Though I guess the alternative is we free him, and he mopes around in Stormwind for a while with his unkempt emo hair.