Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Superman comes out as bi sexual in next comic from what i heard. Like why what is the point lol.
    Superman's son comes out.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

We know there's a specific chemistry between both (fits Blizzard recent agenda very well on top of that). Will Wrathion's compassion for Anduin help us in freeing him from the Jailer's influence? Will Wrathion partake in Anduin's rescue? This could neatly tie over into the next expansion, which might be Dragonflight-focused as well.

What do you think?
    I want to say yes, just to see Wrathion get punched in the face again for being smug.

Though I believe it would most likely be a connection of Jaina with/without Baine, or invoking the spirit of light + wrath of the Wrynn, as Varian might not be in the Shadowlands, but the rest of House Wrynn is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's not the superman you're thinking of, Clark Kent retires and hands the mantle to his son, who is bisexual.
    Ah alright.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's funny because Christie Golden explicitly stated that Anduin was straight in several tweets
    Who cares what Golden said in her tweet, unless i see it ingame that Anduin is straight then nothing is canon yet.

Last time a developer said Chromie's naming was a mistake, turns out it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

We know there's a specific chemistry between both (fits Blizzard recent agenda very well on top of that). Will Wrathion's compassion for Anduin help us in freeing him from the Jailer's influence? Will Wrathion partake in Anduin's rescue? This could neatly tie over into the next expansion, which might be Dragonflight-focused as well.

What do you think?
    Bliizard doesn't use their characters.... never did. They have their one or two focus chars and thats that for every give expansion.

The whole world is at a standstill untill they are relevant again.

Hell even Sylvannas barley did anything this expansion...

Wrathion is... forgotten? Even his whole dagger stuff was never really explained or build upon.
    That is the biggest problem with the wow lore imho.

They don't have a sprawling story with a red line in the middle you follow. They ONLY have the red lide with a few inconsequential path to the side that never lead anywhere and get abondanond faster than you can say wranduin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    They don't even give you a fucking quest where you and do something with him once in a while, he is just there, giving you the fucking weekly and staring hollow at the portal stone.
    He doesn't even do that, it's the fatescribe that gives you the weekly.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    He doesn't even do that, it's the fatescribe that gives you the weekly.
    Oh my bad, they both stand there and usually I have someone share it to me ^^;
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is veering strongly into Forbidden Topics concerning sexuality and gender, let's pivot back to the question concerning Wrathion coming to the aid of Anduin without an emphasis on anyone's supposed sexual orientation and such.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    yes, then they will kiss and become lovers. Making them the first 2 King hierarchy... or they can both be 'queens' am I right....

Let me dream dammit!
    For all of its pretenses of 'wokeness', Blizzard would never dare to make a *censored* main character. Not in WoW, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Your belief that wearing a maid outfit / dress / other female-oriented article of clothing automatically makes you homosexual is ironically way less progressive than I think you're trying to come across as here. Or maybe you're just heterophobic, who knows
    haha, something about wooosh etc? My point was these people claim such stuff is gay, and then proceed to do exactly what they try to avoid. What Choom above you states is what I mean:

I love playing 'Spot the Deeply Closeted' anytime this happens.

My favorite shipping of Anduin would be Vanessa VanCleef. A political marriage to quell another Defias/Commoner uprising started by the House of Nobles messing things up again. It would at least be spicy.

As for Wrathion trying to help us: Yes please, but not as another Dragon ex machina.

Not just it would make sense for him to come, if the next expansion brings us to the Dragon Isles, it would be the perfect introduction/hint of him being confronted with all this death and wondering if there isn't more left for his race. Hell, I would love to have a sane version of Neltharion appear and actually giving him a hint or two how to make the Dragons fertile again. Best scenario: We get a proper questline clarifying the problems and solutions.

Speaking of. Since finding female Black Dragons is a problem, here my three suggestion for Wrathion's future mate:
    1)One of Sabellian's daughters => Sabellian seems rather free from Old God influence and there is at least one whelp around
    2)One female from the other Dragonflights => possible, since the nature of the offspring could be changed by the parents
    3)Ebenhorn/Ebyssian agrees to a minor magical change => just kidding no ban please!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    Who cares what Golden said in her tweet, unless i see it ingame that Anduin is straight then nothing is canon yet.

do you not read books?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I just wish they stopped forgetting Wrathion exists every couple expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I just wish they stopped forgetting Wrathion exists every couple expansions.
    That can be said for every character that was on the losing sides of the dice they throw for "relevant expansion characters" every couple years.

Personally, I think that Medivh should be explored to a much greater degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I won't write anything out, but right now the main "focus characters" are Sylvanas, Anduin, Thrall, and Jaina, and we might see Baine again. We "just" saw Wrathion's arc with N'zoth, I wouldn't expect to see much of him until we find out where that old god infused xal'atath knife, or xal'atath the entity is.

We might see some of the death knight characters involved too, since the next place we'll see Sylvanas is being imprisoned/interrogated by them. They've gotten basically no attention in an expansion about death which has been just criminal.
    DKs get attention in the form of damage nerfs (unholy mastery, chill streak) while wars, rets, WW monks still exist. This is speaking of pvp gameplay.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    That can be said for every character that was on the losing sides of the dice they throw for "relevant expansion characters" every couple years.

Personally, I think that Medivh should be explored to a much greater degree.
    Speaking of, I'd love to see some meaningful Wrathion and Medivh interaction. I feel like these two characters have a lot in common with extreme measures of protecting Azeroth. Medivh being a former Guardian, Wrathion in aiming to find greater sources of power to protect Azeroth. Medivh could be an interesting mentor-figure for Wrathion.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread is veering strongly into Forbidden Topics concerning sexuality and gender, let's pivot back to the question concerning Wrathion coming to the aid of Anduin without an emphasis on anyone's supposed sexual orientation and such.
    Indeed, I don´t see how any of that even comes into play here... imature people I guess.

-------------

I think there was a plan for Wrathion to finally start being someone a bit more relevant, but given the current state of affairs, let´s see how the whole story ends in Shadowlands anyway. Pretty sure 10.0 is going to be something else than it might have been planned in the past and that has an inmediate impact on what is to come after 9.1.5

It will be Varian that will make Anduin come back to the good side or whatever. Blizzard is very predictible. I know he got killed by Gul'dan fel magic and all that but Blizzard rolls like that.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post

It is canon though. So far he's only been interest in woman. Interspecies relations even.

Anyway, on-topic I am imagine Wrathion will pop up again. Hopefully though nothing to do with Anduin and they explore more his interactions with Ebonhorn and Sabellian.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Speaking of, I'd love to see some meaningful Wrathion and Medivh interaction. I feel like these two characters have a lot in common with extreme measures of protecting Azeroth. Medivh being a former Guardian, Wrathion in aiming to find greater sources of power to protect Azeroth. Medivh could be an interesting mentor-figure for Wrathion.
    With Medivh nebulously "out there," I was hoping that Shadowlands might have a redeeming element wherein we run into him as we enter the cosmic stage.