Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    not soon, a great drought awaits us

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    They could make new classes but, there's always the problem that they are already TWELVE so a new player may be overwhelmed.

They could have a tank class; we have purely r/m dps classes and an almost purely healer class; could do it on an existing one.
    Or they could try something a little different and add something that doesn't have a tank spec at all. Every new class added has been a melee/tank how about a new ranged class for once. New tank class =/= more tank players.

Honestly though this game already has too many classes, probably better to not add new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    FFXIV has 20 different classes. WoW adding a 13th class won't be a problem.
    Not really comparable FFXIV 20 classes = 20 specs, WoW 12 classes = 36 specs
    Last edited by Amsden; 2021-10-20 at 04:50 PM.

they can't even tell us when their QOL patch is going to be released. the soonest i'd expect an announcement would be November next year IF they have a blizzcon. i really hope they do because i'd love to see just how deserted the con would be after all the bs blizzard has pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizzconline 2022.

People saying Summer or Fall are nuts, WoW would actually die. That'd be 3 years of Shadowlands for sure.
    WoW is pretty much already dead compared to its past. The people currently playing will keep playing even if Shadowlands lasted 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    When can we expect to see the next expansion since blizzcon has been canceled.
    Barely past the first half of this expansion. Assume late 2022 or even 2023

blizzard can barely get 1 content patch out a year. why are people so desperate for 10.0?

imagine how incredibly rushed and shoddily made 10.0 will be if it does indeed come out next year

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    blizzard can barely get 1 content patch out a year. why are people so desperate for 10.0?

imagine how incredibly rushed and shoddily made 10.0 will be if it does indeed come out next year
    The time between expansions has never been a determination of the quality.

In fact, if you look at the release dates, the highest regarded expansions (Wrath, MoP, Legion) were all done in less than 2 years from the launch of the prior expansion.

BC - Jan 2007
    Wrath - Nov 2008 (22 months)

Cata - Dec 2010
    MoP - Sept 2012 (21 months)

WoD - Nov 2014
    Legion - Aug 2016 (21 months)

It has never been a matter of being able to kick out a good expansion in a timely manner. It has always been a matter of how much effort (and money) Blizz has been willing to spend on it. The last 2 expansions have been about absolutely minimum effort / cost being spent on their customers. The next expansion appears to be the same.

Spring 2022, unless wow fails to meet current expectations in the next 3 months, then they might rush the news out this winter.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Maybe they just fired the A-team during the layoffs and that's why we're stuck with B-team quality expansions since BfA. Who knows.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe they just fired the A-team during the layoffs and that's why we're stuck with B-team quality expansions since BfA. Who knows.
    Ngl you spew bullsh*t with a 99,9% chance when opening your mouth,but are you that retarded?

I expect that we will hear about 10.0 at Blizzconline with a release date of November - December.

The new MAU numbers will be coming out in a couple of weeks, so that will be quite interesting. If they've lost significant long term players / outdoor content players, then I can see that this would direct the design of 10.0 to entice those. Or they could double down on the E-sports market. After all Financial Success does not equal player (satisfaction, retention etc) success.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Ngl you spew bullsh*t with a 99,9% chance when opening your mouth,but are you that retarded?
    Did I trigger you? Maybe I should have added /s, but I guess you wouldn't have gotten it then anyway.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I expect that we will hear about 10.0 at Blizzconline with a release date of November - December.

The new MAU numbers will be coming out in a couple of weeks, so that will be quite interesting. If they've lost significant long term players / outdoor content players, then I can see that this would direct the design of 10.0 to entice those. Or they could double down on the E-sports market. After all Financial Success does not equal player (satisfaction, retention etc) success.
    But why would they be able to get an expansion done on their usual 2 year timetable when they're delaying every single patch along the way?

Seems like we should bake in the 50% extra dev time everything seems to be taking because WFH. Spring 2023 probably.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The time between expansions has never been a determination of the quality.

In fact, if you look at the release dates, the highest regarded expansions (Wrath, MoP, Legion) were all done in less than 2 years from the launch of the prior expansion.

BC - Jan 2007
    Wrath - Nov 2008 (22 months)

Cata - Dec 2010
    MoP - Sept 2012 (21 months)

WoD - Nov 2014
    Legion - Aug 2016 (21 months)

It has never been a matter of being able to kick out a good expansion in a timely manner. It has always been a matter of how much effort (and money) Blizz has been willing to spend on it. The last 2 expansions have been about absolutely minimum effort / cost being spent on their customers. The next expansion appears to be the same.
    it's not just the time though. activison has gone through so much turmoil in the last few months. lots of devs fired. it will have serious consequencves for this expansion

The game is a snoozefest. Sesame Street has more interesting lore. Pretty much every major game released in the past few years has more fun gameplay. I hope SL is the last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD lasted a metric-fucking-long time but we got 'Legion' from it. Perhaps the longer a current expansion goes, the more time for development of the next, more likely it won't be an incomplete clusterfuck? GLASS HALF FULL OVER HERE BOYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But why would they be able to get an expansion done on their usual 2 year timetable when they're delaying every single patch along the way?

Seems like we should bake in the 50% extra dev time everything seems to be taking because WFH. Spring 2023 probably.
    I can't argue with you on this.

Just throwing this out there: what if they are already hard at work on 10.0 and some of the delays we're seeing for the current patch is due to the team being split - some working on 9.1.5 and the rest on 10.0.

An expansion every two years nets them a bunch of cash and this is something the shareholders are probably used to. You just don't want to get between rich men and their money.