Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry It’s not just WoW that has a censorship problem

    Hello, my name is Crug Crimsonblade, I am a blood elf demon hunter on WRA. I state my main to show that I have nothing to hide. Go look me up. Judge for yourself.

    I am not here today to argue about in game censorship per say…and while I believe the in game silence system has and will continue to be abused, I am not even referring to that.

    I am referring to both the official WoW forums, and the official WoW subreddit.

    Am I saint? The answer is no. Have I done wrong, absolutely. But I’d argue more often than not that the moderation of the official WoW forums and the official WoW subreddit are not based on a tos, but rather cliques of people who ban anyone who they don’t like because of different opinions.

    I was banned from the WoW forums for 2000 years and with one post of the Reddit forums I was perm banned.

    My appeal was denied without even addressing a reason why I was banned in the first place.

    I am being systematically silenced because I am PRO wow. I am PRO horde. I am ANTI ff14.

    I’ll just come here to see if anyone has had a similar experience on either of the two outlets mentioned.

    I hope I can be a positive voice in this community. Or do you hate me too?

    I’m going to prove to you how good I am for this community.

    I am not trolling. I’m taking this very personally and if you want proof that I’m not trolling please add my discord <snip>.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-18 at 07:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Nice blog post.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crug View Post
    I am being systematically silenced because I am PRO wow. I am PRO horde. I am ANTI ff14.
    Press [X] to Doubt.

  4. #4
    This forum might be better moderated. I know this sight has an impeccable reputation. I will adhere to the rules. I just want to express myself.

    If you’d like I can drop my discord and prove to you that I’m being targeted and blackballed.

    I’m not a villain.

  5. #5
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Nice blog post.
    So what type of post isn’t a blog post to you? All posts are meant to start discussions. Also I don’t think blogs have really been a thing for a decade and a half. May want a new reference to insult those who post things you disagree with. Also your sig is the definition of cringe.

  6. #6
    Its very hard to believe that you truly have *no* idea why you’ve been banned from the wow forums. People having differing opinions on the wow forums is prevalent in just about every single thread ever made. I’ve also been pretty active on Reddit for years, occasionally with an unpopular opinion, and I’ve certainly never been banned. Same with wow, where I’ve been posting since 2005.

    I’m not saying this is you, but people being pretty terrible in public discourse often cry censorship when in reality they’re just being overt ********.

    Also, an “anti” attitude towards any game is a pretty strange mindset, be it towards wow, ff14, or whatever else. What do you mean by that? People just enjoy different things sometimes, and that’s obviously fine.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,203
    Banned for 2000 years? Damn, they really just assumed that you have a lifespan of an elf.
    #SaveAlgalon
    #SaveConstellars

    I was the first to find the First Ones.

  8. #8
    Your title says something very logical.
    Then I read the post itself.

    Like, those things are also WoW, right?

    Anyway, obviously Blizzard is not doing this completely out of the blue.
    There are a lot of overly sensitive people on the planet and the lawsuit has made them address this.

    On top of that, one of the largest gaming markets in China is insanely high on censoring.
    They don't seem to actually HAVE social codes, probably because they force them out, but a lot of other illogical things are being censored for them too, and I would not be surprised at all if design decisions weren't made with it in mind, considering how much effort it appears to take to alter some of the stuff.

    Anyway, the take away is stop worrying about censoring or not censoring or whatever else it is you are trying to get across.

    You don't need to be "pro WoW" or "anti ff14."

    Just play the video game and have fun.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  9. #9
    what does FF14 have to do with this?

  10. #10
    Well I hope that isn't the case. I think it has gotten pretty quiet everywhere. The odd topics I see pop up from time to time, mention a false flagging issue. (for quite a while..) I would honestly love more people being able to talk. So I am sorry to hear this.. hopefully they can look further into this matter. Or give you the explanation you are seeking of why this transpired.

  11. #11
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Crug View Post
    snip
    so you got banned on both the official wow forums AND the subreddit? I mean that's kinda impressive. Here's the thing though: both those sites (and this one) have rules. You want to post, gotta follow the rules. so now I am kinda curious (not really) about what you actually said on those forums to get yourself banned. Just looking at the reddit rules now (https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/wiki/rules#wowbtn) and found this:

    Consequences of Not Following Rules
    Temporary Ban - First bans typically last 1 to 7 days. This is the most typical result of a rules infraction.
    Permaban - There are a couple ways you can earn this:
    Continue the behavior you were banned for the first time.
    Falsify information to be used against anyone in this subreddit, be it mods, players, or average Jane Redditor.
    Hate speech generally results in an instant ban.


    so yeah if that's what you did, that gets you an instant ban. Such speech isn't welcome here either, you will get infracted and banned for that was well. Might I suggest a) reading the rules and b) following them. There is no first amendment here, this isn't a government entity - you use hate speech, you will get banned just like you did on reddit

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crug View Post
    Hello, my name is Crug Crimsonblade, I am a blood elf demon hunter on WRA. I state my main to show that I have nothing to hide. Go look me up. Judge for yourself.

    I am not here today to argue about in game censorship per say…and while I believe the in game silence system has and will continue to be abused, I am not even referring to that.

    I am referring to both the official WoW forums, and the official WoW subreddit.

    Am I saint? The answer is no. Have I done wrong, absolutely. But I’d argue more often than not that the moderation of the official WoW forums and the official WoW subreddit are not based on a tos, but rather cliques of people who ban anyone who they don’t like because of different opinions.

    I was banned from the WoW forums for 2000 years and with one post of the Reddit forums I was perm banned.

    My appeal was denied without even addressing a reason why I was banned in the first place.

    I am being systematically silenced because I am PRO wow. I am PRO horde. I am ANTI ff14.

    I’ll just come here to see if anyone has had a similar experience on either of the two outlets mentioned.

    I hope I can be a positive voice in this community. Or do you hate me too?
    The people who scream about being silenced are always people who are just butthurt that they were correctly punished for using hate speech so they turn themselves into the victims.

    There's some wild ass shit on the official forums and the reddit. You must have really said some horrible shit my guy to be actually punished.

    Sorry (but not) that you were punished for being awful. You're clearly not winning any friends here by immediately self-reporting.

    Being actively "anti" a game you aren't playing is weird as well. If you don't like a game why waste mental energy actively attacking it? You're basically admitting you're going into FF14 spaces and attacking the game with how you're phrased your words. Why even bother? So weird.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-10-18 at 04:51 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    The people who scream about being silenced are always people who are just butthurt that they were correctly punished for using hate speech so they turn themselves into the victims.
    when they mentioned they were.... "anti FF14" I'm led to believe that...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    So what type of post isn’t a blog post to you? All posts are meant to start discussions. Also I don’t think blogs have really been a thing for a decade and a half. May want a new reference to insult those who post things you disagree with. Also your sig is the definition of cringe.
    Lol I think you replied with the wrong account.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you got banned on both the official wow forums AND the subreddit? I mean that's kinda impressive. Here's the thing though: both those sites (and this one) have rules. You want to post, gotta follow the rules. so now I am kinda curious (not really) about what you actually said on those forums to get yourself banned. Just looking at the reddit rules now
    Consequences of Not Following Rules
    Temporary Ban - First bans typically last 1 to 7 days. This is the most typical result of a rules infraction.
    Permaban - There are a couple ways you can earn this:
    Continue the behavior you were banned for the first time.
    Falsify information to be used against anyone in this subreddit, be it mods, players, or average Jane Redditor.
    Hate speech generally results in an instant ban.


    so yeah if that's what you did, that gets you an instant ban. Such speech isn't welcome here either, you will get infracted and banned for that was well. Might I suggest a) reading the rules and b) following them. There is no first amendment here, this isn't a government entity - you use hate speech, you will get banned just like you did on reddit
    <snip>

    Please add my discord. I have screenshots. I am being systemically targeted. I am not a bad person. Please the power trip is out of control. I am not a racist. I don’t want it to be implied that I am. I have screenshots of the Reddit post. My single Reddit post. I’ll talk to you via voice if I have to. I am fighting to clear my name.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-18 at 07:14 AM.

  16. #16
    Why anti FF14, cause it’s another mmo people are enjoying?

  17. #17
    Is t hate speech about race, gender, religion etc… not a video game. I am not a racist. Add my discord Crug Crimsonblade#8459

    Search my WoW post history on the official forms. I never said one racist thing. I don’t want it implied that I have. Crug on wymredt accord. Google it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Because people want WoW to copy ff14 in every way and lose any bit of originality it ever had.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Crug View Post

    I am being systematically silenced because I am PRO wow. I am PRO horde. I am ANTI ff14.
    so blizzard and whoever moderates their reddit are targeting you because.... you LIKE wow? while i do believe as well that the tos doesn't matter one bit at this point, what you say and the actions taken against you don't make one bit of sense. why would blizzard, the OWNER of wow, perma ban you from their forums for LIKING wow?

  19. #19
    I have nothing to hide. Here is my SINGLE Reddit post that got me perm banned.


    Title: banned from the WoW forums

    This is my new home. I just want to say that the WoW forums are run extremely poorly and I’ve been banned for 2000 years. Allow me to introduce myself I am Crug Crimsonblade blood elf demon hunter, defender of Quel’Thalas and proud member of the horde. I will not live to see the fall of Quel’Thalas, not again anyway. You’ll be hearing a lot from me


    That’s the post. PERM BANNED. hate speech? There was no reason given for my ban and when I appealed it was instant denied. I never got a reason. I was respectful. I have screen shots. This is because they don’t like me. I am taking it personally.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I’ve got screen shots. Please add my discord. PLEASE!

  20. #20
    Y'all getting baited, idiots!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •