Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bulk Character Transfers

Bulk Character Transfers
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello.
    We intend to offer bundles of realm-to-realm character transfers for a discounted total price in a future update to World of Warcraft and the in-game Shop. This new offering will allow players to select multiple characters that are on the same account and move them all to a destination realm in one purchase.
    We don’t have the final sizes, pricing, and date these new bundles will become available just yet, but we’ll let you know all of that as soon as possible.

About time.. though the discount is probably smol

about 20 years late lol

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    about 20 years late lol
    I was going to say about 10 years too late, at least for me, but yeah.

This is way more important than actual content. I hope that will not delay replacing more portraits in-game. Maybe all characters should be gender-neutral, what about that?

Yeah well, finally, although 10 years too late for me.

Good. I remember this has been a common request, especially since WotLK (probably goes way back to the service's release, 2006). Five transfers for the price of three or something would be great for players, but I assume they would go for a smaller discount.

A thing that has been requested for eons...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlado View Post
    This is way more important than actual content. I hope that will not delay replacing more portraits in-game. Maybe all characters should be gender-neutral, what about that?
    I'm angry that I cannot choose chest size for my fem nelf who identifies as a non-binary zebra-cat-dog-chicken.

i bet it will be a number that does not cleanly add up to 20 - just to squeeze out a little bit more money for the last 1-2 people of a 20man roster

3+ Year Old Account
    An actual good change, I can respect it. Better late than never, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    About time.. though the discount is probably smol
    If its not a 25% discount per character after the first and anything beyond the 4th one being free (if they all transfer to the same realm/faction) then its a scam tbh. The whole process is automated, there is no reason it should be priced the way it is other than as a deterrent for using it too much.. which was blizzard apologists defense against it costing what it was for the longest time. And even that is questionable since if that is the reason, it could just have a "cooldown" instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    About time!

Where was this when I needed it in Wrath of the Lich King?! Would've made it so much easier when moving 15 characters!

But nonetheless, it is a glorious addition of services to see coming!

5+ Year Old Account
    Finally! Only took them 17 years...

"We have let player populations degrade to the point that 90% of servers are useless for even casual endgame content, but soon(TM) you will be able to pay us money to fix that at a discounted rate."

Edit: Jokes aside, if that costs more than 40 bucks for all your chars, then it's a rip-off. But it will be popular either way, simply because of the sheer neccessity to remain relevant in the game if you didn't already made the move ages ago.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-19 at 05:23 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Oh yea good news for any alliance still left playing this game you can transfer and faction change all your characters horde for a discount as that final push to remove them from the game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i bet it will be a number that does not cleanly add up to 20 - just to squeeze out a little bit more money for the last 1-2 people of a 20man roster
    This is about characters on one account, not one guild.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Finally. New leadership... Now its obvious that the whole problem were old neckbeards that didn't allow certain things to change... Just like in world politics. Stubborn old f****s ruining lives for everyone else.

Also, thx to blizz for heads up so people can plan things out.

So instead of merging realms, Blizzard offers a PAID character transfers... what a rip off!

I've done the math on how much money I've spent over the years on character transfers... and it's a lot. The REAL question is whether faction transfers will be cheaper, as that's more expensive than a realm transfer.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville