Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hallow's End 2021

Hallow's End 2021
    Hallow's End is now live again from October 18th to November 1st. This event celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Innkeepers across Azeroth will give out candy, or tricks to whomever asks.

Changes in 2021
    • Headless Horseman rings are now 184 item level.
    • Loot-Filled Pumpkin can now be obtained only by characters level 50-60.
    • Venthyr players participating in the Ember Court will have their guests scared by a Vision of Sire Denathrius, resulting in bonus Happiness. The vision can be disabled by speaking with Theotar or the vision itself during the Ember Court.

Changes and additions from previous years

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It’s time for Tricky Treats, costumes, and—of course—the return of the Headless Horseman during this year’s Hallow’s End!

Hallow’s End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge.
    Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to whomever asks.

The spookiest time of year has arrived once more, and the Headless Horseman rides forth to strike terror into the hearts and minds of Azeroth’s citizens.

When: October 18–November 1
    Where: Trick-or-Treat throughout the inns of Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria, Outland, Draenor, and the Broken Isles (Dalaran) for tasty treats and currency to buy Hallow’s End delights.

All together now! —the Headless Horseman is back to set fire to Razor Hill and Goldshire once more. You’ll need to lend a hand on the bucket brigade to put them out and face the infamous rider.

Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum. Cry for mercy, the reckoning has come! - The Headless Horseman

It would be a lovely time of year to take a stroll through the Scarlet Monastery’s Graveyard if the Headless Horseman hadn’t decided to make it his new lair. If you're lucky and succeed in routing this menace from within, you may ride off with his steed.

Throughout Hallow’s End, characters level 10-60 will be able to queue up for this ghoulish encounter in the Dungeon Finder.

This year you’ll be able to exchange your Tricky Treats for a newly added toy:
    • The Headless Horseman’s Hearthstone

Head to Val’sharah to undertake a quest that begins with the Hag of the Crooked Tree in Bradensbrook. Follow the tale through to its culmination and you’ll receive some Tricky Treats and a chance of receiving one of four utterly bewitching hats.

• Hat of the First Sister
    • Hat of the Second Sister
    • Hat of the Third Sister
    • Hat of the Youngest Sister

Achievements
    There are a total of 21 achievements that can be earned during this event. Completing the Meta-Achievement, Hallowed Be Thy Name, rewards the title: The Hallowed. The eleven Achievements that need to be completed to earn this title include: Trick or Treat!, Out With It, Bring Me the Head of... Oh Wait, The Savior of Hallow's End, That Sparkling Smile, Rotten Hallow, G.N.E.R.D. Rage, Check Your Head, The Masquerade, Sinister Calling, Tricks or Treats of Azeroth.

• Rotten Hallow
      • Ruin Hallow’s End for the Alliance/Horde and foil their attempts to wreck the Alliance/Horde celebration by completing the following quests: Stink Bombs Away!, Clean Up in Undercity/Stormwind, A Time to Build Up, A Time to Break Down.
    • Bring Me The Head of … Oh Wai
      • Kill the Headless Horseman.
    • Check Your Head
      • Use Weighted Jack-o’-Lanterns to put pumpkin heads on each of the races: Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Worgen.
    • A Frightening Friend
      • Find Pepe wearing his spooky scarecrow costume.
    • G.N.E.R.D. Rage
      • Earn 10 honorable kills while under the influence of the G.N.E.R.D. buff. It’s a slap in the face!
    • The Mask Task
      • Obtain a Mask during Hallow’s End.
    • A Mask for All Occasions
      • Collect the 24 unique Masks listed: (Male and Female each) Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Worgen.
    • The Masquerade
      • Get transformed by the Hallowed Wands listed: Bat, Ghost, Leper Gnome, Ninja, Pirate Skeleton, Wisp.
    • Out With It
      • Eat so many Tricky Treats that you get an upset tummy.
    • The Savior of Hallow’s End
      • Complete one of the quests to save a village form the Headless Horseman.
    • Sinister Calling
      • Obtain a Sinister Squashling pet and Hallowed Helm through looting or Tricky Treats from the Hallow’s end world events.
    • That Sparkling Smile
      • Show off your sparkling smile by using a Tooth Pick.
    • Trick or Treat!
      • Receive a handful of treats from one of the Candy Buckets located in an inn.
    • Tricky Treats of Azeroth
      • Complete the Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Outland Tricks and Treats achievements.
    • Tricks and Treats of Kalimdor
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Kalimdor.
    • Tricks and Treats of Eastern Kingdoms
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Eastern Kingdoms.
    • Tricks or Treats of Outland
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Outland.
    • Tricks or Treats of Northrend
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Northrend.
    • Tricks or Treats of the Cataclysm
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Cataclsym zones.
    • Trick or Treats of Pandaria
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Pandaria.

Horde characters who have completed the Battle for Lordaeron event will need to speak with Zidormi in Tirisfal Glades to pass through the mists of time and visit Undercity as it was before.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-10-19 at 09:52 AM.

The loot from Holiday events definitely needs to be adjusted. Should be ilvl 220 minimum so it is actually useful for alts.

Shame they rarely update the events.

I'm totally unclear on why they're advertising the Headless Horseman's Hearthstone as a new toy, when it's been around since 2018... It has me checking wowhead comments incase I missed something, lol... But... it doesn't seem like I have.

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    I'm totally unclear on why they're advertising the Headless Horseman's Hearthstone as a new toy, when it's been around since 2018... It has me checking wowhead comments incase I missed something, lol... But... it doesn't seem like I have.
    I think the wording is just a bit wonky...those are changes and/or additions that HAVE HAPPENED in previous years to the holiday. Not 'What has changed this year from previous years.'

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The fact that the broom mount is still holiday-restricted is ridiculous to me. It's one of the most fun mounts in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The fact that the broom mount is still holiday-restricted is ridiculous to me. It's one of the most fun mounts in the game...
    Only because it's instant cast... all it really does is make it so you can feel like a Druid very briefly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

No idea why they don't make the gear scale with your chars itemlevel, slightly better than world quest rewards. Then at least they make sense for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Only because it's instant cast... all it really does is make it so you can feel like a Druid very briefly.
    Make it instant cast only during Hallow's Eve then.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Can't believe they didn't remove the Halloween masks, all very racist and offensive. /s

Can't wait to log in and get 184 rings! /s
    Seriously, aren't the blue crafted rings 1 at 230 and a second at 200ilvl?

"characters level 20 - 120"

did they write this two years ago before they decided to level squish?

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post

lol u beat me to it lol apparently it was too hard to go into the docs an redit . i mean i hear editing is top tier talent.
    Black
    You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull. Your enemies are white and green

They're so inconsequential with the ilvl thing, SOD lfr gets you 213-220 ilvl gear, korthia gets you instant upgradable 200 ilvl pieces, what do the events give? 184 ilvl loot, what a joke.
    Guess Blizzard is busy again with everything but the game, twitter rants, changing paintings and emotes are just something that is of utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    It wasn't even originally instant cast though, that was just a bug they decided to keep in because it made them ridiculously fun and they figured it wouldn't be game breaking for only a couple weeks a year. It's not as if they couldn't fix it if they decided to make them permanent at long last.

I'm speaking only in-universe, it's not [TRIGGERING] or anything, but isn't summoning an illusion of Sire Denathrius for a Hallow's End scare in the Ember Court, which somehow raises happiness, wildly distasteful and inappropriate?

"Haha, this extremely realistic depiction of a recent war criminal and dictator that is at large and a pawn of the guy who fucked off to unmake reality totally got me. XDDDD"

Mmm, tonal dissonance.

ofc. they copy pasted it. same what they often do with game elements. its called „cost effective“.

Technically they're correct. L60 is between L20 and L120. This way they don't have to update the text! (maybe not ever, if they just keep squishing)

"Loot-Filled Pumpkin can now be obtained only by characters level 45-60." wrong, my level 47 can't get it.. its level 50+

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    Shame they rarely update the events.
    Right? There should be a new pet every week and mount every 5 years. It's just aesthetics.