Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Theastris71 View Post
    Whatever it was, Musk recently became the richest man in the world. And whoever says anything about him, I think Ilona is a very educated and intelligent person.
    His wealth is only going to increase, because SpaceX will probably go public, and that offering will be nuts.

  2. #82

  3. #83
    Musk is a fucking immature teenager - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1456275627221393409 - but damn he is right.
    Yes, it sucks NASA did not have enough cash for two projects, yes, two are better than one, blah blah, but in the existing situation Blue Origin's lawsuit just slowed things down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  4. #84
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Musk is a fucking immature teenager - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1456275627221393409 - but damn he is right.
    Yes, it sucks NASA did not have enough cash for two projects, yes, two are better than one, blah blah, but in the existing situation Blue Origin's lawsuit just slowed things down.
    Musk indeed seems to be taking a deep dive off a short platform with his social media posts. But yeah, SpaceX is the right choice in this case, regardless of personal issues. I don't get what Blue Origins was hoping to accomplish - they haven't even put a rocket into orbit, in fact haven't even built the one they are planning to use to get into LEO - but somehow they think they are the best choice for something past that.

  5. #85
    Herald of the Titans Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,570
    Hubble space telescope running into serious troubles, its the second time this year...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Hubble space telescope running into serious troubles, its the second time this year...
    For people who don't want to watch a 4 minute video to read something they could read in about a minute. Or 30 seconds. To sum: something's wrong, and we don't know what, but less serious than the june fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  7. #87
    I think this needs to be updated with the obvious - Moon expedition has been pushed to 2025 now. It was coming, but now it is official.
    And yeah, the lawsuit was one of the things which slowed it down, as per NASA. Fuck you, Bezos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  8. #88
    Legendary! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I think this needs to be updated with the obvious - Moon expedition has been pushed to 2025 now. It was coming, but now it is official.
    And yeah, the lawsuit was one of the things which slowed it down, as per NASA. Fuck you, Bezos.
    Their timeline for it was rather ambitious either way, but yes, Bezos can certainly get fucked.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,570
    What if planet 9 actually existed? Well, someone found interesting data in an old (1983) telescope data.

  10. #90
    Banned Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,482
    Planet 9, even if it exist, is not interesting at all except to prove that "it is out there".

  11. #91
    Legendary! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Hubble space telescope running into serious troubles, its the second time this year...
    *Cues the X-Files theme:

    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Their timeline for it was rather ambitious either way, but yes, Bezos can certainly get fucked.
    True, it was way too ambitious. Maybe if everything had ideal conditions, but knowing the usual delays I question the sanity/intentions of people who announced 2024 initially.
    Ah, right, populism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  13. #93
    So Crew-3 launched and arrived at station without a hitch, and about half an hour ahead of the original schedule too. SpaceX once again making space look easy as hell.

  14. #94
    Herald of the Titans Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Planet 9, even if it exist, is not interesting at all except to prove that "it is out there".
    That only proves you giving a shit to astronomy. If it exists, then it ceartainly deserves to be discovered, because it would actually explain the perturbances in Neptune's orbit.

  15. #95
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    32,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Planet 9, even if it exist, is not interesting at all except to prove that "it is out there".
    It's that basically the entire goal of Astronomy? Find what's out there and explain it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So Crew-3 launched and arrived at station without a hitch, and about half an hour ahead of the original schedule too. SpaceX once again making space look easy as hell.
    Very exciting. The United States is back on the map for leading space initiatives.

    (but man, the Chinese are really pushing to close that gap - and they have a one-up on the rest of the world, that probe on the Far Side of the Moon)

  16. #96
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,916
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Very exciting. The United States is back on the map for leading space initiatives.

    (but man, the Chinese are really pushing to close that gap - and they have a one-up on the rest of the world, that probe on the Far Side of the Moon)
    Chinese progress appears deceptively fast because they get to skip some steps. The hardest part inventing the wheel isn't making it, it's coming up with the concept to solve a problem. The thing with rockets is just because you can do something once means it sustainable - like Apollo. So I've heard, idk much about their program. All I know is that can stop dropping rocket parts on people and the US refuses to work with them because technology seems to grow feet and walk away.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    What if planet 9 actually existed? Well, someone found interesting data in an old (1983) telescope data.
    video
    Anyone know what type of accent that is? Is that danish? I am horrible with accents.

    Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  18. #98
    Pluto is still planet 9, dagnabit.

  19. #99
    Herald of the Titans Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Anyone know what type of accent that is? Is that danish? I am horrible with accents.

    Thanks for the link.
    Judging by his name, its slavic, most likely Russian. But it is a great channel on youtube for science.

  20. #100
    I so sincerely hope that nothing goes wrong with the JWT launch. If Hubble was a revolution, this monster is kinda like god's eye into the universe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •