Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Musk is a fucking immature teenager - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1456275627221393409 - but damn he is right.
    Yes, it sucks NASA did not have enough cash for two projects, yes, two are better than one, blah blah, but in the existing situation Blue Origin's lawsuit just slowed things down.
    Musk indeed seems to be taking a deep dive off a short platform with his social media posts. But yeah, SpaceX is the right choice in this case, regardless of personal issues. I don't get what Blue Origins was hoping to accomplish - they haven't even put a rocket into orbit, in fact haven't even built the one they are planning to use to get into LEO - but somehow they think they are the best choice for something past that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hubble space telescope running into serious troubles, its the second time this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Hubble space telescope running into serious troubles, its the second time this year...
    For people who don't want to watch a 4 minute video to read something they could read in about a minute. Or 30 seconds. To sum: something's wrong, and we don't know what, but less serious than the june fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I think this needs to be updated with the obvious - Moon expedition has been pushed to 2025 now. It was coming, but now it is official.
    And yeah, the lawsuit was one of the things which slowed it down, as per NASA. Fuck you, Bezos.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I think this needs to be updated with the obvious - Moon expedition has been pushed to 2025 now. It was coming, but now it is official.
    And yeah, the lawsuit was one of the things which slowed it down, as per NASA. Fuck you, Bezos.
    Their timeline for it was rather ambitious either way, but yes, Bezos can certainly get fucked.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if planet 9 actually existed? Well, someone found interesting data in an old (1983) telescope data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Planet 9, even if it exist, is not interesting at all except to prove that "it is out there".

10+ Year Old Account
    *Cues the X-Files theme:

Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Their timeline for it was rather ambitious either way, but yes, Bezos can certainly get fucked.
    True, it was way too ambitious. Maybe if everything had ideal conditions, but knowing the usual delays I question the sanity/intentions of people who announced 2024 initially.
    Ah, right, populism.

So Crew-3 launched and arrived at station without a hitch, and about half an hour ahead of the original schedule too. SpaceX once again making space look easy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Planet 9, even if it exist, is not interesting at all except to prove that "it is out there".
    That only proves you giving a shit to astronomy. If it exists, then it ceartainly deserves to be discovered, because it would actually explain the perturbances in Neptune's orbit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It's that basically the entire goal of Astronomy? Find what's out there and explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So Crew-3 launched and arrived at station without a hitch, and about half an hour ahead of the original schedule too. SpaceX once again making space look easy as hell.
    Very exciting. The United States is back on the map for leading space initiatives.

(but man, the Chinese are really pushing to close that gap - and they have a one-up on the rest of the world, that probe on the Far Side of the Moon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Very exciting. The United States is back on the map for leading space initiatives.

(but man, the Chinese are really pushing to close that gap - and they have a one-up on the rest of the world, that probe on the Far Side of the Moon)
    Chinese progress appears deceptively fast because they get to skip some steps. The hardest part inventing the wheel isn't making it, it's coming up with the concept to solve a problem. The thing with rockets is just because you can do something once means it sustainable - like Apollo. So I've heard, idk much about their program. All I know is that can stop dropping rocket parts on people and the US refuses to work with them because technology seems to grow feet and walk away.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What if planet 9 actually existed? Well, someone found interesting data in an old (1983) telescope data.
    video
    Anyone know what type of accent that is? Is that danish? I am horrible with accents.

Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Pluto is still planet 9, dagnabit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Anyone know what type of accent that is? Is that danish? I am horrible with accents.

Thanks for the link.
    Judging by his name, its slavic, most likely Russian. But it is a great channel on youtube for science.

I so sincerely hope that nothing goes wrong with the JWT launch. If Hubble was a revolution, this monster is kinda like god's eye into the universe.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    I so sincerely hope that nothing goes wrong with the JWT launch. If Hubble was a revolution, this monster is kinda like god's eye into the universe.
    It goes back almost all the way, doesn't it? Like seeing the first hour of the Big Bang, theoretically.

So Russia tested out an anti-satellite missile, blew up a satellite and sent hundreds of pieces of debris all over the place, putting the ISS and its crew at risk. The crew had to take shelter ready to abandon the station until the danger was passed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So Russia tested out an anti-satellite missile, blew up a satellite and sent hundreds of pieces of debris all over the place, putting the ISS and its crew at risk. The crew had to take shelter ready to abandon the station until the danger was passed.
    That's what? The third for fourth time Russia has endangered the ISS in particular now?