Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Elyon (F2P KR MMORPG releases on Steam 20 Oct)

Probably the last unreal engine 3 MMO we gonna get.
    Lazy Peon liked it and said the optimization was good on his computer.

Probably (most definetely) Pay to Win

Seems like a cool new adventure to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a typical asian themed MMORPG where females are oversexualized, gameplay and graphics are the same as all of the others and.. just in general very standard. Didn't see any loli stuff in this one though, which is a breath of fresh air for asian themed mmorpgs I guess.
    Hi

- typical East MMo grindfest
    - looks exatly like 35645 other games from that region
    - P2W is more than certain
    - already outdated engine

No, thanks.

Made by the people who made TERA... Published by the ones who used to publish BDO, before they got sacked by Pearl Abyss. On top of being just about as grindy as both of them...
    Already a pretty easy thing to pass up on.

Add in the fact that, before it's even released, they've already announced some of the dogshit things the cash shop is gonna have. P2W stat boosts, pets that help you loot more/faster (akin to BDO). On top of being on a rather outdated engine.

Super easy decision to just steer the fuck clear of it.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Am i the only one completely addicted to new MMO releases (>_<) ?
    This is so much hype for me.
    Even if game turns out to be crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Am i the only one completely addicted to new MMO releases (>_<) ?
    This is so much hype for me.
    Even if game turns out to be crap.
    No. You are the real, MMO Champion.

Looking at this in 2021 and thinking how well WoW, which originally came out in 2004, has aged.
    Remove the cast times in WOW and the game kind of looks similar, maybe the continues cast of sith lighting might not be possible in WoW but that;s about it.

And yes, Asian RPG's are only for those that have no purpose in live.

When it comes to MMORPG's... the more the merrier. This ones looks like your generic Korean MMORPG with top models fighting with skimpy armor, so nothing impressive or even worth trying, but if they are able to bring something new and conceptually good to the table then the whole genre benefits from it since others will try to adapt that idea. Basically, more games, more competition and more competition = innovation.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant skip. 20000 coins for 200 euro.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I remember this. It originally had a different name and if I recall flying was a big part of it and then early tests were panned and it got a complete re-do.

Ok, i just paid 30 bucks to be able to play today instead of tomorrow
    call me crazy
    Time to review this crap (>_<)

All I know is /r/MMORPG has a burning, undefined hatred for this game and that everyone that hates it also hasn't played it but knows everything about it. But I assume that's because it's the place where MMO enthusiasts go to hate every MMO in existence from my experience.

I haven't bothered too much, and the "P2W!" nonsense is thrown at every game, I'll give it a try. Not expecting much, I know it's pretty and has more of a PvP focus (meh), but it only asks for a few hours of my life to see what it's about and that's a small price.

54.6 G is the size of this game's download....WTF

15+ Year Old Account
    We need to just have a megathread for god awful korean/chinese mmos

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Video Games so grumpy today Come on lets play a videogame
    Lets make it rain...and its not water that will fall tonigh.

I remember the trailer for the first iteration of the game, the one with the bombastic airship battles. That seemed hype. Sadly doesn't seem to have carried over to the final product, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    All I know is /r/MMORPG has a burning, undefined hatred for this game
    r/MMORPG hates everything. Everyone there has a nostalgia boner for the 2000s and wants a time machine to go back to that time when the internet still hadn't been firmly established and interacting with people in a game was magical, and thorough online documentation and datamining and theorycrafting hadn't sucked the wonder out of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Space Cowboy Online/Air Rivals/Ace Online was legit great. Still have fond memories of playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I remember the trailer for the first iteration of the game, the one with the bombastic airship battles. That seemed hype. Sadly doesn't seem to have carried over to the final product, which is a shame.
    Back when it was AIR or whatever. Apparently the flying wasn't well received in Korean betas so they ended up scrapping it altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched some vids and it looks alright in a Black Desert "play for a couple weeks before the P2W becomes too obvious" kinda way.

I am annoyed that I cannot DL it from Steam yet though.

Looks like typical Asian mmo shite where everyone looks like a member of an idol band and the spell effects are obnoxiously over the top.

Nop... p2w bullshit again. And honestly i could never differ between al those korean/asian MMOs anyway. All of the look the same. PLay the same. Have a huge on the nose cashshop with P2W left and right.

Are so extremly oversexualized (but in recent year at least male and female... sometimes) and every second game lets you play loli characters where you can peak under skirts all the time. I will NEVER be able to condone that.

If that game is any different, apparantly doesn't have lolis at least, i will eat a broom. Korean F2P MMOs are always P2W. They don't care... which i will never understand tbh.

But have fun playing i guess?^^