1. #1

    Limit on how much i can copy?

    For some reason, as of lately, while using a mobile phone, i can only copy a certain amount of words to be pasted. Why is that?
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  2. #2
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,439
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    For some reason, as of lately, while using a mobile phone, i can only copy a certain amount of words to be pasted. Why is that?
    Sounds like an issue on your end? I've not experienced it on my own, though, I do not know how much you've tried to copy.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like an issue on your end? I've not experienced it on my own, though, I do not know how much you've tried to copy.
    It just stops mid-copying when i reach a certain amount of paragraphs or something like that.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  4. #4
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,201
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It just stops mid-copying when i reach a certain amount of paragraphs or something like that.
    There shouldn't be a character limit on posts here which is the only other limit for how much you can copy/paste, which means it's probably something on your end

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    There shouldn't be a character limit on posts here which is the only other limit for how much you can copy/paste, which means it's probably something on your end
    Why would it suddenly happen?
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why would it suddenly happen?
    That’s a question for your phone manufacturer.

  7. #7
    We haven't made any changes to the site, so it's likely something on your end.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why would it suddenly happen?
    recent software update on phone? not enough free memory in phone for clipboard? 729th strangest hackers ever?

  9. #9
    Changed phones and it still happens.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  10. #10
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,040
    Have you tried turning your device off and then on again?


    I know I know lol, but that usually does it for mot phone issues.

  11. #11
    ...well I just tested it on my phone (Samsung S21) went to a thread and tried to copy as much as I could and I was only allowed to do half the page.

    To further test I went to a large text document in my history...for this I had a gamefaq guide for Lunar 2 and I was only allowed to get halfway through the table of contents


    So yes (at least Android phones) have a limit on how much you can copy at one time it's not the site

    I can however select all and copy the entire thing...not sure why it's like that but it's definitely a phone thing

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...well I just tested it on my phone (Samsung S21) went to a thread and tried to copy as much as I could and I was only allowed to do half the page.

    To further test I went to a large text document in my history...for this I had a gamefaq guide for Lunar 2 and I was only allowed to get halfway through the table of contents


    So yes (at least Android phones) have a limit on how much you can copy at one time it's not the site

    I can however select all and copy the entire thing...not sure why it's like that but it's definitely a phone thing
    But, it wasn't like this. Why now all of the sudden?
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    But, it wasn't like this. Why now all of the sudden?
    Usually it’s due to a change in the OS or its settings. You only have so much space allocated for the clipboard. That was reduced at some point.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Usually it’s due to a change in the OS or its settings. You only have so much space allocated for the clipboard. That was reduced at some point.
    Bummer.
    Anything that can be done?
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Bummer.
    Anything that can be done?
    Don’t copy entire novels in one go.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don’t copy entire novels in one go.
    I'm only copying conversations in case the page refreshes itself or i'm not logged in.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •