10+ Year Old Account

Question How accurate/reliable/"up to trend" is Subcreation website?

I discovered this website a week ago and was wondering if anybody else was well aware of it. From their own website:

"Subcreation provides statistical analysis of Mythic+ dungeons, Raids, and PvP in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands and provides summaries of the top talents, covenants, soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, gear, enchants, gems, and shards of domination used in Mythic+ and Raids (via the Warcraft Logs API). Item and ability tooltips by Wowhead. All images copyright Blizzard Entertainment.

Subcreation updates every eight hours for top Mythic+ runs, every 24 hours for top talents, covenants, soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, gear, enchants, gems, and shards of domination, for both raid and Mythic+, and every Tuesday for PvP statistics..
    "

I have a friend who is "dedicated, hardcore Mythic raider" (by his own description) and his stance is this website's date is inaccurate. He claims that just going by WarcraftLogs who the top raiders/M+ players in the world and what they choose is the go-to source.

I'm just wondering if it's worth going by the information of this website every week for M+ or raiding.

https://subcreation.net/

https://subcreation.net/faq.html

Isn't this approach biased toward the top end?
    Yes. Because we're only looking at the top 100 keys per dungeon per affix for each region (since that's what the raider.io provides), we are necessarily biased toward the top end. We also don't look at keys below +16, and only consider timed keys.

How do you calculate the tier lists for Raid?
    The site looks at the top 500 Mythic logs for each spec for each boss. For tanks, melee, and ranged, it considers the top dps logs. For healers, it looks at top hps logs. I am aware that dps for tanks and hps for healers is non-ideal, but don't have anything better at this time. Open to ideas here.

I think the site does a decent job of telling you how accurate it is. You should read the faq in whole though and not just the points I quoted here to get all the information.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It's good to see whether other players are using a certain rollout. I haven't found much use for it outside of helping me choose trinkets though.

I use it to study trends on it, and try to learn from those.
    Its relatively useless past that, and dramatically flawed in how it calculates success rate of affixes.

Try not to make objective comparisons against what you are seeing in game, and it can be an interesting tool to learn from over time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV