Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    90% they will think to make an alliance elader the next warmong but will go back and make an horde warmonger again

which male horde character need to be killed? we are running low but im sure we can find one

Turalyon at the helm, Danath supporting it, maybe Genn too, and the biggest obstruction, Anduin, is indisposed. Lordaeron ripe for the taking with the Forsaken weaker than ever. The chips are in place for the Alliance to instigate conflict for once. Add Yrel's Lightbound into the mix for good measure.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

If they want to go back to a faction war (Big "if", given how poorly the faction war stories were received), let the Alliance start it, have them do some real damage to the Horde, in game, not just in some book or story hardly anybody reads, where it sticks around for years without change, regardless of what the books or quest text says happens.

I'm fed up with faction war stories, but i'm even more fed up with it always being Alliance lands being ruined to facilitate the Horde's "RARR SMASH!"-moments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, another faction war sounds terrible. Specially after BfA.
    Also, there's no way a faction can truly 'win' as you can't simply delete the other playable portion of your game

However, if I had to choose someone to raise the tension this time, it'd be Turalyon
    But that would make him racist and 2021 Blizz can't have that

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    which male horde character need to be killed? we are running low but im sure we can find one
    Rokhan is still angry at the Alliance.
    Not only he's a troll leader which marks him for death, he's sitting in Orgrimmar's throne which is also cursed AF.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Honestly, another faction war sounds terrible. Specially after BfA.
    Also, there's no way a faction can truly 'win' as you can't simply delete the other playable portion of your game

However, if I had to choose someone to raise the tension this time, it'd be Turalyon
    But that would make him racist and 2021 Blizz can't have that
    All a successful faction war needs is discernible repercussions. Reshaping the world, e.g. Forsaken lost their holdings in Lordaeron, but gained some other zones. With the bronze dragonflight tech enabling alternate versions of a zone it wouldn't even mess up old world leveling (unless it's too much of a strain on the servers or something), but my opinion is that by this point it matters little if it did, especially with how the leveling experience was changed in Shadowlands. Changing the world is of course a huge investment in assets, but I believe it can be done right.

Rokhan is still angry at the Alliance.
    Not only he's a troll leader which marks him for death, he's sitting in Orgrimmar's throne which is also cursed AF.
    I thought that was Baine? Or was it just for the Vulpera recruitment scenario? Speaking of him, he's just as limp-wristed as Vol'jin was, so I wouldn't mind if he was the next one sacrificed for drama. Have a Horde-loyal original Grimtotem rise up for the tauren to give them some edge.

How about retiring this tired trope instead of repeating it ad nauseum?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I thought that was Baine? Or was it just for the Vulpera recruitment scenario?
    In Shadows Rising, Rokhan is the only one on the Horde Council to support Talanji's idea of fucking up Jaina as he says that peace with the alliance like that is 'an affront to our ancestors'
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

In Shadows Rising, Rokhan is the only one on the Horde Council to support Talanji's idea of fucking up Jaina as he says that peace with the alliance like that is 'an affront to our ancestors'
    Gazlowe wasn't really into appeasing the Alliance either, but I was more referring to the throne thing. Isn't Baine the one who's using it atm?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Time for the Alliance to have a heel turn, imo. Turalyon is being positioned (currently) behind the scenes to be capable to taking on a quasi-warmonger role if they decided to pull the trigger on it.
    It’s as predictable, boring and the fad of the “the good is actually evil depending on perspective” type of story line is like 6 years too late. So it’s perfect for blizz!

Post-redemption Sylvanas would allow them to do a double story retread, making it all the more tantalizing for Blizzard's writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If they absolutely must do this again, then let it be someone in the Alliance, or someone from a Neutral (or Neutral-ish) faction. Please, no more Horde warmongers, it's played out. Let the Horde be the valiant defenders that are actually in the right for once.

Nobody. No more faction war.

Because we all know Blizz are bunch of fatass neckbeards who are too insecure to scorch the Horde like the do Alliance, so any war boils down to Horde flailing violently around and eventually hitting itself in the face while also inflicting tons of punishment on Alliance.

Then they team up for some reason and all is forgiven and forgotten until devs get another hardon for violence.

So basically - no war. Because "war" will never happen anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    If they want to go back to a faction war (Big "if", given how poorly the faction war stories were received), let the Alliance start it, have them do some real damage to the Horde, in game, not just in some book or story hardly anybody reads, where it sticks around for years without change, regardless of what the books or quest text says happens.

I'm fed up with faction war stories, but i'm even more fed up with it always being Alliance lands being ruined to facilitate the Horde's "RARR SMASH!"-moments.
    That. I posted without looking at comments and here you were, summing up my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Edit: Last minute Addition:

The Dreadlords: Honestly, let's just finally use these crafty Shapeshifters like Skrulls or something. Have them kidnap and replace someone, and have us try to guess who might be legitimately a Warmonger and who is a Devil in Disguise. Let them stir up a mess and watch it boil up into madness. Just once!
    To be fair, they have already did the "mole for the other side" a few times. Neltharion and Onyxia in Stormwinds Throne room, Benedictus being an officer in the Twilights Hammer.

Not saying they did those right or couldn't have done more. Personally, I would love to see a Dreadlord, or even a duo, one on each faction, stirring up the factions into a tizzy. And while we are busy fighting amongst ourselves, again, the real threat is taking place somewhere else. By the time we realize it, the factions have killed off some relatively minor faction players, just enough to get people riled up (say Thrall and Malfurion). When we attempt to chase the Dreadlords, we are met with 2 new factions of races. One a peaceful nomadic people, the other a war hungry savage city group. After we, both factions, work with the "peaceful" group against the "savage" group, and have killed leaders and crippled the "savage" group, do the Dreadlords reveal that they were in fact the aggressors and needed us to destroy the native islanders.

tbh hopefully they do something else. i am just feared, when they stick to that old concept, they also stick to their hillarious shit writing. i am really done with all that overdrive crap stories in BfA and Shadowlands.

so i hope they do something else. just for the pure chance of a story that is not shitty AF. and maybe (we can still dream) they even invent new lore and characters. instead of recycling old lore and characters endlessly, while putting it inside of some surrounding crap story. wow stories, lore and characters feels to me, the last few xpacs, like some Burrito. inside there are ten year old beans and outside there is a Tortilla made out of fresh mess.

but maybe thats just me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-20 at 01:58 PM.

Faction war does not make sense. Not in its current constellation.

Nightelves hate undead. But why would the tauren want war with the nightelves?

Every race should be independant. Should be able to make its own alliances if they want.

Horde was way to long dominated by orcs and then nearly destroyed by the undead.
    Alliance is completly ruled by the humans. No matter what the theoretical form of government says.

I don't want a "Alliance is the warmonger now because of fairness"-storyline. Why would it? None of the alliance members really want war. Gen and Tyrande wanted specific revenge on Sylvannas.

Let races be able to go to war without making every small conflict a freaking world war. Let players play with everyone. The Giverments are at war. Does not mean orcs can't talk to nightelves or that every orc is ok with the war. Maybe make on race not able to visit one specific capitol for the time the war goes on. Like when you decided to choose aldor.

In that case for example. A undead would be hated by every nightelve outpost once the war starts. After the war goes back to neutral or disliked and he can (if he so chooses) work his way back up to exhalted. No real gameplay value here. Just flavour. Yes you would loose one faction on that char but it gives a dynamic back to the game.

All of this brings a bit more live into the world. And there can be stories which are not horde vs alliance where ever faction is always in its entirety represented by one character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    If they absolutely must do this again, then let it be someone in the Alliance, or someone from a Neutral (or Neutral-ish) faction. Please, no more Horde warmongers, it's played out. Let the Horde be the valiant defenders that are actually in the right for once.
    you mean like „the underdogs“, the tribe, the lost… just the „other“ faction… they were 16 years ago? when ppl committed to them, …. before Blizz told that ppl: „oh sorry guys, the Horde are now the pure bad guys, ya know, the evil faction“ ?

yes, 100% agree to you. i cant stand no longer for even 1 day that „Hord are the bad guys“ shit, Blizz introduced. not. a. single. day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Imho and i am not speaking in total fairness but i think devs assume that Horde cant "take a hit" and will lose fans if it is actually wracked like Alliance usually gets.

And i kinda agree with them. Its the case of "rooting for the winners" when proverbial Starscreams will start ejecting from the Horde when it gets its face bloodied without some uber-heroic extra-genocidal victory in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Then their ancestors might as well fucken go without.

Its all about "renewal" now, mon.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Faction war does not make sense. Not in its current constellation.

Nightelves hate undead. But why would the tauren want war with the nightelves?

Every race should be independant. Should be able to make its own alliances if they want.

Horde was way to long dominated by orcs and then nearly destroyed by the undead.
    Alliance is completly ruled by the humans. No matter what the theoretical form of government says.

I don't want a "Alliance is the warmonger now because of fairness"-storyline. Why would it? None of the alliance members really want war. Gen and Tyrande wanted specific revenge on Sylvannas.

Let races be able to go to war without making every small conflict a freaking world war. Let players play with everyone. The Giverments are at war. Does not mean orcs can't talk to nightelves or that every orc is ok with the war. Maybe make on race not able to visit one specific capitol for the time the war goes on. Like when you decided to choose aldor.

In that case for example. A undead would be hated by every nightelve outpost once the war starts. After the war goes back to neutral or disliked and he can (if he so chooses) work his way back up to exhalted. No real gameplay value here. Just flavour. Yes you would loose one faction on that char but it gives a dynamic back to the game.

All of this brings a bit more live into the world. And there can be stories which are not horde vs alliance where ever faction is always in its entirety represented by one character.
    when all factions are independent, there is at least a chance for good writing, with a lot of smaller conflicts.

but a company that lame and conservative as Blizz ? no way. they will stick to their blue/red clownshow till the bitter end. imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Gazlowe wasn't really into appeasing the Alliance either, but I was more referring to the throne thing. Isn't Baine the one who's using it atm?
    Oh. That was just for the Vulpera quest I think.

Rokhan is currently leading Orgrimmar. Why? I dunno
    Who put him in charge? I dunno
    When did he enter office? I dunno

I think most of us are pretty tired of faction war at this point. The entire point of BFA was to "end the cycle" of hatred that was propagating it.

I do think those loose ends deserve narrative focus and exploration, but not in the form of an all out war between the two factions again. Right now the most important loose end is, of course, Sylvanas. If she is not executed for her crimes, the "proof that the Horde has changed" from Shadows Rising is dead, and all of BFA was for nothing.

After that is done and dusted, I for one wouldn't mind seeing Gallywix again. Kicking him in the teeth for the goblin heritage set questline was wonderful.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-10-20 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.