Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 9.1.5 - Legion Timewalking Mage Tower Spell Restrictions

Patch 9.1.5 - Legion Timewalking Mage Tower Spell Restrictions
    The following spells are flagged as disabled in the Mage Tower. Keep in mind some of these spells might be old or have gone unused since they were added back in Beta.

Heart of Azeroth
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Covenant Signature Abilities

Covenant Class Abilities

Soulbind Conduits
    Warrior

Paladin

Hunter

Rogue

Priest

Death Knight

Shaman

Mage

Warlock

Monk

Druid

Demon Hunter

Uncategorized

Soulbind Effects

Runecarving Legendary Effects
    Warrior

Paladin

Hunter

Rogue

Priest

Death Knight

Shaman

Mage

Warlock

Monk

Druid

Demon Hunter

Uncategorized

Shards of Domination Effects

Item Procs
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-12-07 at 02:54 PM.

I wonder how they're planning on keeping these challenges gear agnostic - Will the characters have stat templates like we had when engaged in pvp back during Legion or does Blizzard simply plan on scaling characters to a specific level/ilvl.

They've disallowed proc effects from the WoD pre-legendary ring, and even the effect from MoP legendary meta gems, but they've not disabled MoP or BFA legendary cloak procs if this list is complete. And if players are simply scaled down to a legion level/ilvl, there will still be ridiculously powerful trinkets and even the Heart of Azeroth essences and Azerite armor traits to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm, so nothing from SL. Kinda surprised at no WoD ring being used in there, was pretty sure the proc rate dropped to next to nothing after the WoD next lvl, maybe the squish changed that. Azerite currently seems to be a go.

TBH considering that neither the Legion Artifacts nor the Legiondaries can be used, I feel like both Azerite and SL shit should be usable in the Mage Tower. 1 SL legendary < 2 Legiondaries, and the combo of conduits, Azerite powers, convenant abilities, AND conduits combined still isn't anywhere near the power boost that a Legion Artifact weapon gave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I wonder how they're planning on keeping these challenges gear agnostic - Will the characters have stat templates like we had when engaged in pvp back during Legion or does Blizzard simply plan on scaling characters to a specific level/ilvl.

They've disallowed proc effects from the WoD pre-legendary ring, and even the effect from MoP legendary meta gems, but they've not disabled MoP or BFA legendary cloak procs if this list is complete. And if players are simply scaled down to a legion level/ilvl, there will still be ridiculously powerful trinkets and even the Heart of Azeroth essences and Azerite armor traits to consider.
    Legion m+ timewalking is being scaled UP to us, so it's possible the Mage Tower is as well which would make the older legendaries not as useful.

If they tune this properly it will be even harder than Legion. With nothing from the current expansion working and not having any of the artifact stuff, it will be very difficult.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    Legion m+ timewalking is being scaled UP to us, so it's possible the Mage Tower is as well which would make the older legendaries not as useful.
    I guess we will know for certain in a few more days, but if it's being scaled up, then it makes no sense for the lines that remove the power of various, long-term good TW items in the Mage Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Lol radiant spark as well? That is pretty much the centerpiece of the arcane right now...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

why even bother bringing mage tower back at all? either do it right by tuning it to current shit or just wait 10 years until legion classic. man everything they released since the bfa beta is just pathetic

Considering that a lot of classes are build around all these borrowed powers its going to be interesting to see how this pans out.

It will still be a walk in the park, squish does wonders. No reason to panic yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    why even bother bringing mage tower back at all? either do it right by tuning it to current shit or just wait 10 years until legion classic. man everything they released since the bfa beta is just pathetic
    they need to try and plug some of the holes in the sinking ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Considering that a lot of classes are build around all these borrowed powers its going to be interesting to see how this pans out.
    i suspect most of them won't be possible to complete due to the sheer number of bullshit systems that have come and gone since legion and how some of them were designed around the artifact weapon traits and perks which no longer exist.

Mage Tower.
    1 vs. 1.
    No Covenant abilities.
    No items.
    No fun.
    Fox only.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    they need to try and plug some of the holes in the sinking ship.

- - - Updated - - -

i suspect most of them won't be possible to complete due to the sheer number of bullshit systems that have come and gone since legion and how some of them were designed around the artifact weapon traits and perks which no longer exist.
    I play a Venth Boomie, outside my burst windows my Dps is dog-shit and that's with me getting lucky on the mechanics, its even worse if I have to stop or swap.

I'm just going to wait for the guides and meta to come out anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vandren View Post
    Mage Tower.
    1 vs. 1.
    No Covenant abilities.
    No items.
    No fun.
    Fox only.
    Ah crap, I am a Falco main.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Ah crap, I am a Falco main.
    Brb renaming my Pandaran Monk Jigglypuff

10+ Year Old Account
    wonder if venthyr warriors will get their execute back for mage tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    This could be their method/plan of removing those items from the equation.

If we're scaled down to level 50, heart of azeroth will still work. Will have to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Probably the best setup will be WoD Ring MoP Back or BFA Back Azerite Gear and maybe cata mop socket stuff.

And probably there will be an insane amount of RMT Account Sharing Boosting for that