Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    They should, but it's a bit sad that this only ever seems to happen when there are political motivations, not motivations of justice.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

    Mismanagement is a feature in democracies, not a bug.
    Big fucking citation needed.

    And no "just look around" isn't an answer, because the actual democracies are doing far better than the alternatives.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  2. #22
    Dunno anything about Brazil but this sounds like leftist posturing

    Nothing new under the sun when it comes to South American politics

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno anything about Brazil but this sounds like leftist posturing

    Nothing new under the sun when it comes to South American politics
    You are literally appealing to willful ignorance as an argument.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno anything about Brazil but
    Should have probably stopped there.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    I don't need to like Bolsowhatever-his-name is (which I don't) to be able to see that these accusations are pretty questionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno anything about Brazil but this sounds like leftist posturing
    I'm actually baffled you don't know who is Jair Bolsonaro but as a friendly ( or not ) advice I must say starting your argument with "I don't know anything the subject I'm gonna give my opinion" usually undermines such argument......a bit

    Signed: a cocrodile ( you can google to understand this Bolsonaro related joke)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone needs to know anything about Brazil to be able to see that this is a political accusation.
    Why would an uninformed opinion matter?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    information isn't always a necessity.
    Yes, it always is.

  8. #28
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,132
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno anything about Brazil but this sounds like leftist posturing

    Nothing new under the sun when it comes to South American politics
    Just wait till the next election when Lula wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are literally appealing to willful ignorance as an argument.
    Nah, political accusations and trials are nothing new when it comes to the region.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone needs to know anything about Brazil to be able to see that this is a political accusation.
    I don't know, man. Knowing whether or not Brazil has a history of charging public offices' with neglect, if/when they provably were neglectable of their duty, would probably be knowledge quite valuable in making the assertion of whether or not it is politically motivated.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

  11. #31
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    I don't need to like Bolsowhatever-his-name is (which I don't) to be able to see that these accusations are pretty questionable. I'm not even against covid mandates or forced vaccines. In fact I'd be ramming them down people's arms against their will if it were up to me.
    This would hold more weight if Brazil was not among the hardest hit covid countries and did he not actually pull the whole Kangaroo court bullshit himself on the likes of Lula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Nah, political accusations and trials are nothing new when it comes to the region.
    I fully expect you to defend all things Trump, as well as Trump-adjacent.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Just wait till the next election when Lula wins.
    Dunno if Lula will win, but I dont doubt that the left will win destroy another country in South America. Like they have done with Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador and Bolivia.

    I am waiting on the new info from Alex Saab, that is bound to be interesting

  14. #34
    Mass homicide charge ...

    you know, like everyone does in the wake of a pandemic.

    The kind of homicide rhetoric is classic banana republic stuff. In the sane world, he stands accused of negligence in leadership resulting in increased severity of the pandemic. Like the New York Times report on the incident says, it "reflects the depths of anger against a leader who refused to take the pandemic seriously." It's absolutely believable that the emotional response of anger inspires such outlandish claims. More generally, the NYT says "less than a day after The Times and several Brazilian news outlets reported on those plans, several senators said that the accusations had gone too far. Late Tuesday, on the eve of the scheduled release of the report, the committee removed the recommended charges of homicide and genocide, Renan Calheiros, the centrist Brazilian senator who was the lead author of the report, said just after midnight on Wednesday local time."

    So, this was like a day (CNN Tuesday, to lead Brazilian senator/writer retracting Wednesday) of LARPing enthusiasm in accusing a head of state of mass homicide.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/w...19-brazil.html
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Mass homicide charge ...

    you know, like everyone does in the wake of a pandemic.
    Ah yes, the bullshit "people will die in a pandemic, therefore the people who fucked up the response are in absolutely no way to blame whatsoever for any of the deaths at all that they utterly failed to prevent."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno if Lula will win, but I dont doubt that the left will win destroy another country in South America. Like they have done with Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador and Bolivia.

    I am waiting on the new info from Alex Saab, that is bound to be interesting
    Bolivia is better off (WAY better off) now than 20 years ago, fam

    Argentina is fucked up not only because of left wing policies, but mostly because of stupidity, coupled with rampant corruption, and that has been the case since the 90s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno anything about Brazil but this sounds like leftist posturing

    Nothing new under the sun when it comes to South American politics
    I mean, that right wing piece of shit is responsible for the deaths of countless Brazilians, because of his stupid and dangerous policies during covid. And let's not start with his brilliant idea of obliterating the amazon
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  17. #37
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,132
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dunno if Lula will win, but I dont doubt that the left will win destroy another country in South America. Like they have done with Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador and Bolivia.

    I am waiting on the new info from Alex Saab, that is bound to be interesting
    Bolsenaro is the one destroying it, so good thing he is going to lose to Lula.
    See you in the 2022 threads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Bolivia is better off (WAY better off) now than 20 years ago, fam

    Argentina is fucked up not only because of left wing policies, but mostly because of stupidity, coupled with rampant corruption, and that has been the case since the 90s

    - - - Updated - - -
    This is the same poster who was defending the fascist coup Bolivia was under for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Timmy still can get lunch, it's just not free.

  18. #38
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,897
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Mass homicide charge ...

    you know, like everyone does in the wake of a pandemic.
    Key difference is that not everyone actively chose to endanger their constituents through deliberately malicious policies. Your analogy is crap.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  19. #39
    Elemental Lord PfeffermintShake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Woke Mob Craft Services
    Posts
    8,261
    Burn-it-Down-Coplayers seem to be confused by this news. Much like Glem Greenwald.

    Coincidence?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    This is the same poster who was defending the fascist coup Bolivia was under for a while.
    The funny thing is, you could argue about Evo's power grab in the last 5-10 years, but supporting a fascist coup because of that (and again, a fascist coup supported by the US lol) is a little step too far

    Also, the situation in Venezuela is fucked up in part because of the inaction of the region. And because of US embargos.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •